Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Primid joins the Brawl (Ideas needed)  (Read 8077 times)
robo9
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 10, 2010, 08:26:30 PM »

Turns out Ive been having an easier time model modding than texture hacking. So as of late Ive been importing Primid over Mario.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Urf61kz-0w" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Urf61kz-0w</a>

The above video has the standard moves, running, walking, and what not, but not the special moves, as I have yet begun to code them.

My idea for him was to have some of his special moves incorporate a Smash item, since he is originally from the Smash series.  Ill probably rewrite this and include a backstory with him losing most of his weapons due to him switching to the good side, or some bs like that.

My special moves so far as planned are
Up- A spring spawns right underneath him mid air, and he jumps off of it. On the ground, he jumps, a spring appears, and he jumps on it.
Neutral- Not sure, maybe toss a random throwable item if I use the crate idea for the side special
Side- Either throw a green shell or star via star rod, or jump on top of a rolling crate and have it move.
Down- Not sure, but if I dont use the random throwing item idea for the neutral B, I may do something along the liens of him pickign up a random swinging object, such as a bat or beam sword.

Final Smash.

I had many ideas for this, such as maybe having multible smart bombs raing from the sky, an assault of many bomb-ombs, him gaining a giant effect while the others are slown down, but I dont know.

I really don't have much finalized other than the standard moveset, so ideas are very welcome, if not encouraged.  Happy Face

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 08:55:43 PM by robo9 » Logged

robo9
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 08:40:47 PM »

Now over red alloy

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9DOV1IPJ

For any glitch reporting, etc

Glitches known so far-

Occasionally the evades after laying on the ground will freeze the game
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:43:07 PM by robo9 » Logged

Thundaga_T2
Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 09:58:15 PM »

Nice, is he still going to have the fire powers like in SSE? You should, as its not a weapon like the beam sword or boomerang. Oh and for the up special, you could have him do the spinning jump attack after jumping off the spring. For the forward smash you should use the fiery punch they do in SSE. And the down smash could be the fire breath (if you can use it) attack from SSE.
    « Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:01:18 PM by Thundaga_T2 » Logged

Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
    Check out our music request thread here

robo9
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »

Actually, I was planning on taking the easy way out by using his forward smash as his fire breathing move, since Mario does it for his forward smash. The down smash is a downward punch that's supposed to have a pitfall/spike effect. I haven't set the flags yet for that however.

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 10:47:03 PM »

Ok then, at least he has them. Oh an idea for his final smash, if you was going to use the giant mode, see if you can make him metal too, that would be cool. What are you going to do for throws? You could probably just use mario's since they wouldnt look bad on him. Although if you want to mix it up, then you could do Fox's forward throw, Lucario's Up throw, C. Falcon's Down throw, and Pit's back throw, or something like that.

robo9
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 11, 2010, 01:02:41 PM »

Believe it or not, Mario causes Primid to look pretty afflicted since Primid's bone structure is so weird. Im not sure how Falco's throw would work since Primid lacks a blaster, but idk. Ill think of something to get around that. Thanks for the ideas man, more are welcome!

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 11, 2010, 05:47:27 PM »

I referenced Falco's forward throw, because its the only one that doesnt use his gun.

Ct.OWN
    Lol Kitten

Me and ma minions :3

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 11, 2010, 07:17:34 PM »

You know there's a Diddy PSA hack with most of the SSE smash items that only the Primid have and also some SSE animations. You can port that to your Primid and work on that.

robo9
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 12, 2010, 01:24:49 PM »

I would, but I thought that would just be copying someone else's work, and I thought that would be generally frowned upon in this communiuty.

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 03:05:38 PM »

Seems pretty good

robo9
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 05:31:04 PM »

I've updated the first post with a download link.

Ive also fixed several bugs, such as the side smash's fire spawning bug, many if not all of the T pose causing moves, and a few other small things.

Im also putting up the link so people can report for glitches and whatever.

Also if anyone wants to help me with this, you'd be welcome to!

Ct.OWN
    Lol Kitten

Me and ma minions :3

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 05:42:32 PM »

I would, but I thought that would just be copying someone else's work, and I thought that would be generally frowned upon in this communiuty.
    Well you can spice it up; alter the animations a little to make them different. You can still give credit for most of the animations but at least you do something.

Anti-Sora
    Expert Kitten

Mask Of Virtue

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 11:14:12 PM »

Here are some ideas for a Psa for your Primid (He's awesome by the way)

Up B: Jet Pack (Texture Edit the Barrel Blasters to be smaller and more jet packish) 7%

Side B: Rocket Launcher (Like in the Subspace Emissary) 6% 1st charge 10% 2nd charge 14%

Down B: Pulls out Boomerang (Holds in hand until thrown) 8%

A: 3%

AA: 7%

AAA: 13%

Up Taunt: He pulls out hit gun and holds it on his shoulders

Side Taunts: He Hovers with his jets pack

Down Taunts: Fires at the floor

Final Smash: He turns into a giant primid with a huge blaster and starts blasting people with his huge blaster.

robo9
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 14, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »

Update!

He's now over red alloy. Grab glitch is fixed, and he does have an occasional freezing when evading after he's laying.

Also anyone who wants to glitch test is welcome to

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: