Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 11
Author Topic: dRage's new project revealed: Ichigo (v0.4 released!)  (Read 51770 times)
dRage
Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic KCMM Old Timer Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: August 04, 2009, 07:54:41 AM »

Current Project

Kurosaki Ichigo (Bankai)

If you've visited this thread recently you may have noticed me going all emo about the limitations of PSA (which all came down to no frame speed changes) well we can change frame speed now so let's get back to kicking ass and chewing bubble gum.

Why I chose Ichigo for my next project you ask? Well the Flame Wave was just a test I don't know if I ever add more stuff to that moveset and VILE has started a community project similar to what Fire/Thunder Link was going to be. So the two choices left were Crono and Ichigo, well looking at the downloads for both textures it's obvious which one I should make (Ichigo won by ridicolous 1,3k downloads over Crono)

Let's start with the basics Ichigo uses Ike as the base character but in the end will play nothing like him. He should be a quick damage racker with few kill moves. I want him to be as balanced as possible. (sorry now ololol r0xx0r broken bankai for you =P) His moveset will be based off the anime (obvious) and his moveset from the DS games. The attributes are just starting points and will be tweaked constantly.

Releases:

Ichigo v0.4

Media:

Video of v0.1

Video of current version comming soon!

Physics:

Speed: about the same as ZSS (Run initial velocity: 1,92)

Jumps: First jump is slightly higher than Fox' and using both jumps he gains a little less distance than Falco. He falls slightly slower than Fox but it's still fast. (Jump V velocity: 3,5; Gravity: 0,172: Terminal velocity: 1,81)

Weight: 85 (5 more than Fox and 5 less than Peach)

Moves:

Jab
    Goal: kinda like MK's just a bit slower, deals 2 damage per hit with low knockback
    Animation: the three angled ftilt animations sped up
    Status: three hit combo of quick slashes that can go back to the first one if A is pressed at the right time (need to find out how to make an auto jab or how to increase the input window)

FTilt
    Goal: GTFO move with decent knockback but little growth; has quick startup to be used defensively but too much endlag to be followed up
    Animation: stays the same but with altered start- and endlag

DTilt
    Goal: setup move with medicore knockback and growth that launches the opponent in the air at 60° to allow for aerial followups
    Animation: second hit of jab (for some reason he kicks downwards when used on dtilt); beginning slowed down and sped up again after hitboxes end

UTilt
    Goal: juggle/setup move; quick move with almost 90° angle
    Animation: FS initial hit grounded [Thanks .Fade =P]

FSmash
    Goal: horizontal kill move at higher percents ; technically a faster but weaker version of Ike's fsmash; will decrease the hitbox size compared to Ike's
    Animation: Fsmash; sped up in the beginning similar to the speed of Fox' fsmash

DSmash
    Goal: GTFO with low kill power and high endlag
    Animation: Neutral B

USmash
    Goal: vertical kill move; should kill a little earlier than fsmash but with more startup
    Animation: looking for an uppercut type of animation (if you've played one of the DS games: his strong crouch attack)

Nair
    Goal: combo move with little knockback and landing lag
    Animation: first hit of jab

Fair
    Goal: spike with decent knockback but high endlag and decent startup
    Animation: Fair, slightly sped up beginning and shortend the time the hitboxes are out

Bair
    Goal: roughly the same as Ike's; slightly faster but less damage and knockback
    Animation: Bair

Uair
    Goal: somewhat of a juggle move
    Animation: aerial item up throw

Dair
    Goal: quick downward slash good for gimping (think of it as a toned down version of MK's Dair)
    Animation: Nair; heavily sped up

Neutral B: Getsuga Tenshou
    Goal: Shock Wave with medium range; 2 charge levels (1: press B once 2: after 2 seconds of charging); low knockback on inital charge; medium/high knockback on fully charged
    Animation: Side B Swing; Wave Hit GFX
    Status: first draft done: charging and unleashing works but both versions deal 10 damage even though one should do 6 and the other 15

Side B: Flash Step
    Goal: Ichigo vanishes and reappears in another place; distance will be set and go only go straight left/right
    Versinon 1: goal is for the move to not go into freefall but let it only be used once in the air (like Snake/Sonic's UpB); should have a decent amount of ending lag to prevent stalling
    Version 2: freefall with a lot of endlag but a powerful attack at reapperance that kills at very high percentages
    Status: went with version 1 but freefall since I cannot find what prevents an attack from being used twice in the air

Down B
    Goal: not yet decied

Up B
    Goal: not yet decided

Requesting help:

I need suggestions on what to do with the leftover moves and once a beta is released, feedback on that. The next one isn't nessecarily needed but I'm not satisfied with the shading of my Ichigo texture. Seeing how shading was one of the reasons why I gave up texture hacking I wouldn't mind if someone could improve my texture. That person would obviously recieve credit for it.

Old Stuff

Flame Wave (Discontinued for now)

Changelog:

1.2:
    - aerial Flamewave now has IASA frames that start after at frame 60 to make the move safer offstage
    - new Nair added: a quick burning spin, hits multiple times and deals between 3-5% damage (could be capable of more but that's what I got in tests)

1.1:
    - removed freefall on aerial flamewave

1.0:
    - Flamewave mapped to B instead of SideB, Quick Draw restored
    - Flamewave now has an aerial version using Ike's Nair animation
    - aerial version has a landing animation if the ground is hit before the move's animation ends
    - aerial version will go into freefall if the animation ends
    - the initial Slash does 5% damage with low knockback
    - Flamewave spawns 5 flames in front of Ike each doing 2 damage
    - broken D-Taunt removed
    - added more voice clips to taunts
    - added flaming sword and fire hiteffect to all aerials

And obviously you'll get no sympathy from him.

Flame Wave (Neutral B)

New Nair

Watch the vid! Flame Wave looks a lot cooler in motion. (The vid shows 1.0)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brJV9LTB-HI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brJV9LTB-HI</a>

Flame Wave 1.2

Fire/Thunder Cycle Link (Discontinued for now)
    Just finished the first draft of my newest Link moveset hack, that's something I wanted to do since the app came out but couldn't get working until today.

For starters all swordmoves deal fire damage. His neutral B is replaced with a move that switches between electric and fire.
    So if you use it once all your moves will change  to electric damage and if you use it again they will change back to fire.
    For now only the hittype changes but I plan to make most moves behave completly different depending if you're on electric or fire. Basic idea right now is making electric moves have less knockback and damage for better comboing and fire have more knockback for killing.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zy2yznyn0mi
    « Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 12:19:20 PM by Dragonrage » Logged

STUFF2o
    A Dapper Young Gentleman
    Supreme Kitten

Pimpin' IS easy!

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:05:37 AM »

Looks sweet.

Shukaku
    The Chaos Member
    Hyper Kitten

Release the Chaos within.

• Awards Hot Topic

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 09:14:50 AM »

Can't wait to see what else you could do.

http://kittycorp.freecp.net/index.php?topic=72.0
    PROJECTS:
    Pain-100% Konan-100% Sasori-100%
    Itachi-100% Kisame-100% Kakuzu-100%
    Deidara-90% Tobi-5% Zetsu-0% Hidan-0%

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:02:22 AM »

Thanks to some guy on youtube I managed to completly replace the PMario stuff so the floating bug is fixed.

Vyse
    Administrator

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Hardcore Gamer 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Starstormer

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »

That's excellent; almost exactly the projectile he should have had to begin with. (Seriously, Ragnell and no energy wave? For shame, Sakurai.) Though I would make it his neutral B... he kinda needs Quick Draw to survive. >.>
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:10:38 AM by Vyse » Logged

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 10:23:56 AM »

Hm I'll have to see where this moves goes eventually.

Anyway did some more changes:

- added aerial version with different Animation (Nair)
    - added freefall on aerial version

Still has some bugs, though. When you hit left or right at the very start of the animation he goes sliding into that direction.
    The move also lacks a landing animation.
    Seems like I have to mess around with a few more If Else commands.

EDIT: Okay, so the aerial version is pretty much fixed now. Landing Animation and freefall both work. Just need to edit the sword hitboxes to go along with the animation.

EDIT2: Aha! Slidebug can be fixed by simpling mapping it to B instead of SideB, so I'm going to restore is old SideB now.
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 11:23:04 AM by Dragonrage » Logged

Shaymin Sky Forme

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 11:55:13 AM »

Dayum, that's epic!

Can't wait to see more of this.

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 12:04:24 PM »

Thanks.

Got everything sorted out now. New video and first download should be up in about half an hour.

????
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 12:08:57 PM »

It would be tight if you can edit assist trophy characters and give them same movesets like the fighters. If that can be possible then we can probably bring in characters such as knuckle joe or Waluigi Cheesy.

SWORD21
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 12:25:46 PM »

Sweet. Reminds me of Fierce Demon Fang! Btw, if someone adds a lightning bolt to Marth's B move, then it can become lightning blade and when it's charged up, Super Lightning Blade!
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 12:41:04 PM by SWORD21 » Logged

Shaymin Sky Forme

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 12:34:54 PM »

No no no, thank you for making the Ike moveset and putting it up for download later! I'm going to download this right when you put it up. ^^

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 12:37:12 PM »

Urgh run into another problem. The move doesn enormous damage on shields. If two or more flames hit the shield breaks.

I don't really get why cause every flame does 7 damage and 14 damage normally don't break a shield. Maybe there's a shielddamage value somewhere =/

Segab
    FFFFFF
    Special Access

Meowth that's bass!

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Favorite'd Heart Container

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 12:40:43 PM »

must be an unknown value that nobody found yet?

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »

Ah! I got it.

I copied the hitboxes of his fully charged B move cause I have no clue which part of 'Flag' handles the hitsound effects.

While I toned everything down I forgot the knockback growth, which is obsenely high on those hitboxes.
    Toning those done now and nerfing the damage slightly 7 per flame is too much.

Also the downtaunt is insanely broken, should I remove this for public release?
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 01:07:06 PM by Dragonrage » Logged

Shaymin Sky Forme

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 01:31:50 PM »

It'd be smart to remove the damage, but please keep the "You'll get no sympathy from me," part in.

Well, it's your choice, not mine, as you made the moveset.
    « Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 01:33:09 PM by Midnite•Shaymin » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 11
    Print
    Jump to: