Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: dRage's new project revealed: Ichigo (v0.4 released!)  (Read 51758 times)
UMOP
Expert Kitten

I accidently the whole status message

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #135 on: September 13, 2009, 04:20:07 PM »

Sweet, even though I don't really like Bleach all that much I loved where this was going. Can't wait the for dl.

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic Pin Collector KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #136 on: September 13, 2009, 06:40:40 PM »

It's release time, check the list in the opening post to see what moves are changed. Keep in mind that this is a still an early version without much playtest. (I won't be able to actually playtest it against a human player until tuesday) I also added a slash texture done by nerfispwnage243 (modified from one of milk's effect hacks)

http://www.mediafire.com/?azoyiblqyb3

I would really appreciate feedback but read this list of known bugs before you comment.

Known bugs:

- Getsuga Tenshou deals 10% for both charge levels even though the collisions have 6 and 15 as damage values
    - unleashing Gestuga Tenshou at a certain height while airborne causes the character to freeze in place
    - Flash Step won't snap the ledge before Ichigo goes into freefall (this will prevent you from grabbing slim ledges like on PS1 or Delfino)
    - Flash Step has too much landing lag
    - the window for connecting jab 3rd hit back to 1st hit is extremly small
    - Ichigo will keep charging even after the 2 seconds for Getsuga Tenshou level 2 are over (I'm not sure if I want to leave it that way or not)

Aside from Flash Step's ending lag I've got no idea how to fix those and in some cases I don't even know why it's happening.

Sweet, even though I don't really like Bleach all that much I loved where this was going. Can't wait the for dl.

Thanks, I actually used your Fighter Kirby as reference for the neutral B.

BassJX (JXXXG)
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #137 on: September 14, 2009, 03:19:16 PM »

hey dragon! do you want me to record video for you? if you want....

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2009, 02:20:55 PM »

You can make one of the version I'm going to release tonight. After some actual playtesting today I realized that most moves don't link into each other as planned.

Something else I noticed is that when playing Ichigo you'll often get the enmey above you but you're lacking the right move to follow up. So I gave him a quick vertical punch which can be used to juggle your opponent.

To improve his overall aerial game I decided to lower his falling speed and adjust frame speed and knockback on some of his aerials. I think I made Dair slightly too good.

Anyway the new version should play alot more fluently.

BassJX (JXXXG)
    Mega Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #139 on: September 15, 2009, 02:47:22 PM »

You can make one of the version I'm going to release tonight. After some actual playtesting today I realized that most moves don't link into each other as planned.

Something else I noticed is that when playing Ichigo you'll often get the enmey above you but you're lacking the right move to follow up. So I gave him a quick vertical punch which can be used to juggle your opponent.

To improve his overall aerial game I decided to lower his falling speed and adjust frame speed and knockback on some of his aerials. I think I made Dair slightly too good.

Anyway the new version should play alot more fluently.

alright. until then i'm going to start my kid gohan hack.

Kirblord23
    Mega Kitten

Real men don't use avatars.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: September 16, 2009, 02:16:31 PM »

can we get the texxture, too please for bankai ichigo?
    Edit:nvm i found it in the gallery.
    sorry for the nubism 
    « Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 02:19:03 PM by Kirblord23 » Logged

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2009, 05:24:50 AM »

Since this used to be my last active topic, I guess I should leave a message here.

I had planned to move out of my parent's house next year but due to some stuff that happend last month I decided to move out as soon as possible. (no I wasn't kicked out =P)
    I'm staying with a friend right now, while searching for a cheap appartment. I don't have any of the equippment needed for Brawl Hacking with me (i.e. Wii, Computer) so I probably won't be able to do much about the Ichigo moveset. I might borrow my friend's computer to make some modifications but as of now, I have no way to test them.

Anyway stay tuned, I'm definately picking up this project again once I get my own appartment.

freezinboi280
    Mega Kitten

Busy w/ Classes =[

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: November 04, 2009, 06:05:44 AM »

ohh i thought this was the only version that was going to be released. i've woken up to a surprise =p lolz

goodluck with everything. find a good apartment w/o mice =]

Shipomaster
    Expert Kitten

Zetta slow...

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #143 on: November 04, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »

Thanks so much for the update! you rock! I have an idea for flash step though. If you're have trouble with the ending lag, maybe you could keep it but make it so he appears attacks once with a really weak hit, then he teleports again and you can aim in which direction he goes. This would really make it like bankai ichigo with him teleporting all over the place. I think his dash attack should make him invisible for a couple seconds (again teleport) And if ya have time, why not take advantage of that new program (or whatever) that allows you to swap poses of other characters, to more ichigo like attacks? This would all make him perfect. Awesome Face

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #144 on: November 05, 2009, 03:42:59 AM »

Yeah. I've heard of BrawlBox. The problem is, while I can technically work on the character I have no way to test stuff without a wii. That is especially annyoing when working with animation swaps since I need to check if the new animation distorts Ike or not.

From the top of my head I would guess characters that could work are Marth, Link and Captain Falcon. If that's the case than this would be the moves I would replace:

Nair: Link
    Bair: Marth
    Uair: Marth
    Usmash: Link
    Ftilt: Marth

As for specials, I thought of using Link's Fsmash for Getsuga Tenshou and maybe Link's Final Smash dashing animation for Flash Step. Speaking of Flash Step, I've read that Zero has a Dash Special that's only usable once while airborne  and kinda works like what I wanted Flash Step to do. So I'll look into this and see if I can learn something for my own moveset.

Anyway I'll see that I can get the unreleased buid polished up (has stuff like New UpB, Uair, better linking of aerials) and have a release soon.

Gazoinks
    Th-the cake, it's a lie!
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Helping Hand

« Reply #145 on: November 05, 2009, 04:43:41 AM »

One thing that I was reminded of when doing BM Mart is that Link's left handed, so if you have use a sword attack, Ichi will swipe with his left hand.

Nice moveset though. Smiley

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• Awards Constructive Hyperactive Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: November 05, 2009, 11:29:40 AM »

I love the Ichigo PSA, I've had him put over Ike ever since I found him, now that I know you're sontinuing your work, 2 suggestions:

-Flashstep needs to be much quicker, it's pretty much useless the way it is now, any way to make it so you can choose the distance like with Zelda's teleport?
    -Neutral B, awesome idea, but the lower charges are pretty much useless, my advice is make the charge time to get it to fully charged the same as Link's bow and arrow charge time, more balanced and useful, and are there any better graphics to use? Increasing the range a little wouldn't hurt either

dRage
    Global Moderator

« Reply #147 on: November 05, 2009, 03:30:12 PM »

One thing that I was reminded of when doing BM Mart is that Link's left handed, so if you have use a sword attack, Ichi will swipe with his left hand.

Nice moveset though. Smiley

Oh right, Link's a lefty ...
    Eh, I'll need to see how the UpSmash looks, otherwise I'll use Marth's Usmash or Utilt.

I love the Ichigo PSA, I've had him put over Ike ever since I found him, now that I know you're sontinuing your work, 2 suggestions:

-Flashstep needs to be much quicker, it's pretty much useless the way it is now, any way to make it so you can choose the distance like with Zelda's teleport?
    -Neutral B, awesome idea, but the lower charges are pretty much useless, my advice is make the charge time to get it to fully charged the same as Link's bow and arrow charge time, more balanced and useful, and are there any better graphics to use? Increasing the range a little wouldn't hurt either

Flash Step is very early beta, at the time I made that moveset I didn't really know how to limit his options out of it. I'm thinking of heavily decreasing the endlag but removing the invincibilty at the same time. Were the commands for directional input found? If so than I'll make flashstep a teleport move and map it to UpB.

The Neutral B is not working as intended. Something about that move is completly screwed up. Fully charged does the same damage as the uncharged one, even though they both have different damage values and the move deals zero hitstun.
    I'll try copying it into a new pac file and see what happens once I can test stuff again. About the graphics, I'm not sure what Brawlbox can do for effect replacing but the one I have now is the only wave shaped effect available to Ike.
    Since the move didn't work properly to begin with I changed the normal attacks first but I'll look into charging time/range, once it works the way it should.

Thanks for the feedback guys, much appreciated!
    « Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 03:31:35 PM by Dragonrage » Logged

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: November 05, 2009, 05:14:54 PM »

^Ah, I see, good idea on the flash step, making it very fast with very little endlag but no invincibility would be balanced

How about like fox's side B for speed, but with just a very slight increase in startup time/lag

Actually, I could test this guy for you for the time being with changes and give you feedback via video(though the quality won't be great and you'll have to download it from megaupload) I did this with someone else here with their TP Ganondorf PSA(although he's taken a month's leave at the time)

I can do this BUT I must first get my brother's camera working again, just let me know if you want me to do it, or if you would rather do it much faster by yourself when you get the chance again that's fine

Sanitys_Theif
    Extreme Kitten

The Gambler

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: January 09, 2010, 12:29:06 AM »

I know it's old but this project was so awesome I want to see if the TC will see this and return

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
    Print
    Jump to: