Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Riivolution Help needed.  (Read 5971 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 08, 2010, 01:12:28 PM »

I am still just setting it up for use with Brawl+

Here is what I have (spoilered in order to save space).

x/

boot.dol
    boot.elf
    brawlmods
    PRIVATE
    riivolution

x/brawlmods

brawlplus
    textures

x/brawlmods/brawlplus
    RSBE01BP.gct (B+ 7.0.3)
    FIGHTER - All character folders + some texture and PSA hacks.
    INFO - PORTRITE
    INFO2
    MENU - COMMON, controller and STRAP
    MENU2 - sc_title_en.pac
    MODULE
    SOUND - SRTM
    SYSTEM - COMMON3_en.pac

x/brawlmods/textures/
    fighter - copied from FIGHTER over in the brawlplus folder
    info - still empty
    menu - still empy
    menu2 - sc_title_en.pac

I am still having a hard time wrapping my head all the way around it. Its quite an adjustment from HBC to Riivo for me.

I know I have to make a music, stages, and movies folder...but what else needs to be done? I am still uncertain where a lot of things go...

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:59:53 PM »

Where things go depends on what it says in your XML. I assume you're using Bionic's XML from Smashboards, since everything is in "brawlmods."
    Code:
    =========== Where do I place my mods? ===================

X:/brawlmods/bbrawl/ - Balanced Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlminus/ - Brawl Minus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/ - Brawl Plus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/ubrawl/ - UnstoppaBrawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as "fighter".

X:/brawlmods/custom1/ - Custom Set #1. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/custom2/ - Custom Set #2. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/projectm/ - Project: M. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/vbrawl/ - Regular Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",

=========== Where do I place my music? ===================

X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar".
    X:/brawlmods/music/strm/ - Where you place all of your BRSTM files to be used in game.

=========== Where do I place my textures? ================

X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
    X:/brawlmods/textures/info/ - Anything that belongs in "info" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu/ - Anything that belongs in "menu" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2/ - Anything that belongs in "menu2" or "pfmenu2" goes in here.
        X:/brawlmods/stages/ - All stage textures (pac) + any module files (rel) go here.

=========== How about my movies (THP files)? =============

X:/brawlmods/movies/ - Place any THP files you have in here.
    If you don't want music, you don't have to make a music folder. Same for stages and movies.
    Also, there's a little bug I just found that you'll only need to fix if you want to use stages that need different .rel files. There are two times in the XML where you see:
    Code:
    <folder external="/brawlmods/stages" disc="/stage/melee/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
    Both times, keep that line, and below it add:
    Code:
    <folder external="/brawlmods/stages" disc="/module/" recursive="true" resize="true" />

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 06:08:53 PM »

Where things go depends on what it says in your XML. I assume you're using Bionic's XML from Smashboards, since everything is in "brawlmods."
    Code:

X:/brawlmods/bbrawl/ - Balanced Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlminus/ - Brawl Minus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/ - Brawl Plus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/ubrawl/ - UnstoppaBrawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as "fighter".

X:/brawlmods/custom1/ - Custom Set #1. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",

X:/brawlmods/custom2/ - Custom Set #2. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",

X:/brawlmods/projectm/ - Project: M. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/vbrawl/ - Regular Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",

X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar".
    X:/brawlmods/music/strm/ - Where you place all of your BRSTM files to be used in game.

X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2/ - Anything that belongs in "menu2" or "pfmenu2" goes in here.
        X:/brawlmods/stages/ - All stage textures (pac) + any module files (rel) go here.

If you don't want music, you don't have to make a music folder. Same for stages and movies.
    Also, there's a little bug I just found that you'll only need to fix if you want to use stages that need different .rel files. There are two times in the XML where you see:
    Code:
    <folder external="/brawlmods/stages" disc="/stage/melee/" recursive="true" resize="true" />
    Code:
    <folder external="/brawlmods/stages" disc="/module/" recursive="true" resize="true" />

You're right, and I looked at the XML in TextEdit in order to see where everything needed to go.

Do I need an Ocarina code of any kind? Cause I get the feeling I am missing something cause I just tried it with everything needed correctly in place.

Also, when I downloaded th latest Brawl+ version, some of the .rels were missing, and I am sure I did not interrupt the download. Shadow Moses Island's .pacs are also missing.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

Vahkiti
    Intermediate Kitten

Toa of Time

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 06:57:18 PM »

Code:

Code:
    Code:

You're right, and I looked at the XML in TextEdit in order to see where everything needed to go.

Do I need an Ocarina code of any kind? Cause I get the feeling I am missing something cause I just tried it with everything needed correctly in place.

Also, when I downloaded th latest Brawl+ version, some of the .rels were missing, and I am sure I did not interrupt the download. Shadow Moses Island's .pacs are also missing.

I know this is out of date, but I just had to thank you for the tip about the rel files. I've been searching for about a month now for a solution and this did it! Thanks a bunch! Cheesy

xdarkmario
    Intermediate Kitten

That was my C*##k Luigi

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 26, 2011, 08:01:36 PM »

this is good ans all but WHY DIDN'T RIIVOLUTION JUST LEAVE THE FOLDER THE SAME AS IN GECKO!!!  like ( :\private\wii\app/RSBE) life was so much easier!! is their some type of mod to set the folder directory back to that?

"The quieter you come the more you will be able to hear"

BlazingFury
    Extreme Kitten

Wahderful ;)

• Awards Hot Topic Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 08:17:28 PM »

this is good ans all but WHY DIDN'T RIIVOLUTION JUST LEAVE THE FOLDER THE SAME AS IN GECKO!!!  like ( :\private\wii\app/RSBE) life was so much easier!! is their some type of mod to set the folder directory back to that?

This xml has all the gecko os folders in xml its all good homie Awesome Face

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=16990

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: