Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Kirby Hats and Model Swapping  (Read 6780 times)
mnsg
Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 10, 2010, 11:35:21 AM »

With model swaps going around, I decided to make this thread to explain about model swapping Kirby Hats.

Now, as a lot of people may know, whenever Kirby copies opponents, he wears a cap that relates to whoever he copied.  Most of the Kirby hats don't affect Kirby's model, while others do.

Model Swapping Kirby Hats

The following is a list of Kirby hats that do not affect Kirby's model.

Mario
    Link
    Samus
    Yoshi
    Fox
    Pikachu
    Luigi
    Captain Falcon
    Ness
    Peach
    Bowser
    Zelda
    Sheik
    Ice Climbers
    Marth
    Ganondorf
    Meta Knight
    Pit
    Wario
    Zero Suit Samus
    Ike
    Charizard
    Squirtle
    Ivysaur
    Diddy Kong
    Lucas
    King Dedede
    Lucario
    R.O.B.
    Toon Link
    Wolf
    Sonic

When you view those hat models via BrawlBox, look at the tab that reads FileFlags.  Texture data and model data relating to those Kirby Hats will have a FileFlags of 25600.  Kirby hat data with that FileFlags can be model swapped, but you must make sure to get hold of ALL the data with the variable 25600 (textures, models, animations, etc.), or else you might have problems.

Now, the Kirby Hat PAC files are NOT compressed in any way, but model swapping can affect the file size of the PAC files.  Therefore, some model swaps could lead to game crashes, while others may work with some drawbacks.

Now, I know that at least one Kirby hat model swap works without ANY flaws, which is swapping Wario's Cap with Mario's Cap (shown on the snapshot below).  However, I have also seen a model swap in which Kirby dons Ganondorf's cap after copying Marth.

Basically, explore and find out which hat swaps work and which ones don't.

Non-Swappable Kirby Hats

Below is a list of non-swappable Kirby hats.

Donkey Kong
    Mr. Game & Watch
    Falco
    Olimar
    Jigglypuff
    Solid Snake

Those Kirby hats are not model swappable, due to the fact that they DO affect Kirby's model.  They also do not have the FileFlags reading 25600, which adds to this fact.  Therefore, don't waste your time trying to swap those hats since it will NOT work correctly.

Conclusions

I hope that this guide came in handy for those who like to model swap.

Micaiah
    Marvel vs Capcom freak.
    Hyper Kitten

Dem SwagGirls

• Awards Fiery Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 12:05:03 PM »

Thank you  so much for this....^^
    I tried to to swap the captain hat with the samus one but it didn't work....

Question: if I have two characters that give Kirby the same hat, but the animation is different....does the game freeze?

3ds FC: 1134-7732-2469

mnsg
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker >9000 Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 12:28:10 PM »

Thank you  so much for this....^^
    I tried to to swap the captain hat with the samus one but it didn't work....

Question: if I have two characters that give Kirby the same hat, but the animation is different....does the game freeze?

The game won't crash, as shown on the snapshot below.  Of course, it could vary between hats.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: