Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: texture help on stages. (solved! thanks mewtwo2000)  (Read 5498 times)
Robz
Drinking boss Epic
Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• Awards Fiery Topic >9000 Diamond in the Rough Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: July 11, 2010, 05:26:27 PM »

Hi Robzdablades here.

I never thought I'd be here again asking for help. >_>

Anyways I have a problem with textures on a stage. Its a weird error and its barely noticeable by others.

the textures on my stages sometimes randomly darkens. here how it works.

*I restart my brawl and play on my custom stage without playing any other stages. Afterwards I play on a different stage. THEN i go back to my custom stage and realize that some textures are darker then before.*

Why is this? why does this happen? Heres a picture of my stage after I played a different stage.

Notice how the limos abit darker?

any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A message from Mewtwo2000

Well, that's not a texture problem. It's a lighting problem. I mean, I have one stage in the vault that has that same problem, but I did not remove it on purpose because it's interesting to me.

Let's say, there are some kinds of models, or material types if you prefer. And each light has an effect over each kind of model/material. If a stage has light for only certain objects, and not for others, those other objects will get a lighting used before, like another in another stage played before.

The stage in the Vault I have with that problem on purspose, is a FD with an SSE background, the name is Shadow Bug Final Destination. Depending of the stages loaded before, it has either a lighten or a darken ground, and that makes it interesting in some way. But, of course, that's not good for your car.

There are 2 possible solutions.

1- Try changing the flag3 property for the textures in the car to another number, the same as Goroh or something. Same to other darkened models.

2- If freezes, or simply doesn't work, try to get another lighting. I am lately using the one in Distant Planet, it has 4 different lights I guess, and it's almost sure it will fix the problem in your stage. Get it from one of my latest stages such as Saffron City if you want. You should edit the lights to be the same as the ones you're using now, this is possible with the latest unofficial version of brawlib in smashboards. If you get any trouble with this, just ask me.

Try them in that order, as it's faster to make the first one, and if it works, it's not necessary to make the second one.

Tell me if you're successful with it. Also, keep up the good work, your stages are great =)

his First solution worked. Im posting this here so others can learn from this.
    « Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 07:04:09 AM by Robzdablades » Logged

Bros: dRage ~ Vish 
    Bang your fist to the ground. let people know your name. Always make people laugh. and always share your booze.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a1yoVv5Uto&feature=related
    Guy Gets f'ed up
    If you dont drink then you don't work hard enough. simply put. Drink after success. Not during.

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 06:36:27 PM »

I honestly had the same problem, but I thought it was just me so I never said anything about it. I don't know what could cause this problem, hopefully someone could help. <_<

Robz
    Drinking boss Epic
    Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 04:14:49 PM »

Im bumping this since its been 24 hours =]

Bang your fist to the ground. let people know your name. Always make people laugh. and always share your booze.
    Guy Gets f'ed up
    If you dont drink then you don't work hard enough. simply put. Drink after success. Not during.

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 05:02:24 PM »

I noticed that when playing there once, thats really weird, do you think there is a particular format of textures that end up darker? and what screen data are you using?

Robz
    Drinking boss Epic
    Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »

Im using the New PokemonStadium sceneData

Guy Gets f'ed up

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 06:24:19 PM »

Interesting i'm having the same problem with battlefield falls XD
    *thinks of ways to solve this*

Miniova
    Extreme Kitten

Real life strikes again!

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 08:40:56 PM »

Yea it's weird... me and my friend played on one of his Final Destination textures a while back and the stage had really bright reds in it the first match we played in brawl but after that the colors were a bit darker.  I have no idea either.

People if you have anything you need to ask me(especially the katana ness thing) please talk to me over AIM. I'll be more than happy.  AIM is Gradybryson1993

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: July 13, 2010, 09:13:15 AM »

The scenedata in  New Pokemon Stadium doesn't change, does it?  I might think its a fog, but that would appear every time... weird...

Robz
    Drinking boss Epic
    Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 05:04:18 PM »

I shall bump this since its been almost 48 hours >_>

Guy Gets f'ed up

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »

The Limo brres replaces Donkey Kong?  If so, there's your problem and your fix.  The Donkey Kong darkens.
    « Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:57:06 PM by LordNOaH » Logged

Robz
    Drinking boss Epic
    Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 04:26:34 PM »

The Limo brres replaces Donkey Kong?  If so, there's your problem and your fix.  The Donkey Kong darkens.
    I dont think thats the case. I switched the limo to another modeldata. still the same problem occurs. I'll since it over to different modeldatas to make sure.

Guy Gets f'ed up

??_?
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 08:05:27 PM »

The Limo brres replaces Donkey Kong?  If so, there's your problem and your fix.  The Donkey Kong darkens.
    I dont think thats the case. I switched the limo to another modeldata. still the same problem occurs. I'll since it over to different modeldatas to make sure.
    Oh, I thought maybe because that model darkens in-game it might cause the limo to, but I guess not.  I'm out of ideas xP

Robz
    Drinking boss Epic
    Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 04:49:47 PM »

Oh, I thought maybe because that model darkens in-game it might cause the limo to, but I guess not.  I'm out of ideas xP

I am too. I tried different Scenedata. I tried renaming the textures and Materials. I tried changing texture formats. Its killing me. *looks up too the heavens* Please. Halp meh  Oh shi~

Guy Gets f'ed up

Robz
    Drinking boss Epic
    Special Access

I ain't no baby man.

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 07:03:21 AM »

A message from Mewtwo2000

Well, that's not a texture problem. It's a lighting problem. I mean, I have one stage in the vault that has that same problem, but I did not remove it on purpose because it's interesting to me.

Let's say, there are some kinds of models, or material types if you prefer. And each light has an effect over each kind of model/material. If a stage has light for only certain objects, and not for others, those other objects will get a lighting used before, like another in another stage played before.

The stage in the Vault I have with that problem on purspose, is a FD with an SSE background, the name is Shadow Bug Final Destination. Depending of the stages loaded before, it has either a lighten or a darken ground, and that makes it interesting in some way. But, of course, that's not good for your car.

There are 2 possible solutions.

1- Try changing the flag3 property for the textures in the car to another number, the same as Goroh or something. Same to other darkened models.

2- If freezes, or simply doesn't work, try to get another lighting. I am lately using the one in Distant Planet, it has 4 different lights I guess, and it's almost sure it will fix the problem in your stage. Get it from one of my latest stages such as Saffron City if you want. You should edit the lights to be the same as the ones you're using now, this is possible with the latest unofficial version of brawlib in smashboards. If you get any trouble with this, just ask me.

Try them in that order, as it's faster to make the first one, and if it works, it's not necessary to make the second one.

Tell me if you're successful with it. Also, keep up the good work, your stages are great =)

his First solution worked. Im posting this here so others can learn from this. Cheesy

Guy Gets f'ed up

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 01:35:36 PM »

Yeah, but don't forget to mention that you really changed flag6, not flag3. That makes the material to be unaffected by lighting when 255, which is different to what I told you via PM. So it would be the 3rd option. But by doing this, the objects will be plain color, I mean, no shadows over the models.

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: