Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: What should I do next?
<a href="http://uploads.ungrounded.net/639000/639457_dirty-pop-pop-n-sync.swf" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://uploads.ungrounded.net/639000/639457_dirty-pop-pop-n-sync.swf</a>
A stage! - 63 (50.8%)
A tutorial! - 24 (19.4%)
ME *strips* - 37 (29.8%)
Total Voters: 124

Pages:  1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 73
Author Topic: I had a great time! Thank you all for being a part of this with me!  (Read 421673 times)
KTH
French fries
Special Access

• Awards Nintendo Revolution Team Heart Container Smash 3 Team Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #900 on: August 16, 2011, 06:16:59 PM »

I really want City Escape. :p

Konan
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #901 on: August 16, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »

Amazing work on your most recent hack! Smiley

sp147
    Extreme Kitten

'Sup, dood!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #902 on: August 17, 2011, 06:11:05 PM »

Amazing work on the new stage br3

and best of luck to you, hope everthing goes well Angel

JBG
    Semi-Retired Crumudgeon
    Special Access

• Awards Starstormer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #903 on: August 17, 2011, 06:24:08 PM »

It sucks when these things happen. Sorry to hear about that, and I hope all goes well.

I've actually considered hanging up my hacking hat for good a number of times, but I've usualy just taken a long break. Hope all goes well, and do what you want, take it at your own pace.

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #904 on: August 19, 2011, 10:13:59 AM »

Answering time...

That's sad to read. I hope you're getting better soon and things start to work well. Life has these kind of things, sometimes everything's okay, and sometimes you wish to disappear.

Don't think about disappointments, and take your time.

Good luck Wink

Thank you, Mewtwo. I also hope so.

Aww sorry to hear it.  Well, as Mewtwo2k said I hope things start looking up for you later on and these things happen.  Whilst yes it is a bit of a shame we won't be seeing City Escape or Clock Tower any time soon, life is more important and I'd rather a br3 that takes a break from hacking and sorts things out in life and comes back happy, than a br3 that feels the need to force himself to make these stages and still is unhappy.

As for the stage, it looks beautiful.  Just taking this zoomed out screenshot here, there's something very serene about it.  It's as though the stage conveys more than just platforms and ledges, but actual human emotion.  I can't quite describe it:

Thank you, SDoom. I'm glad you see it that way.

Wow I'd never be able to guess you were going through depression, you seem pretty normal here.
    But hopefully things get better for ya man. I know exactly what you mean as I went through a bit of a depressing phase I'm my life earlier this year.

But the moment you get better you'll feel like million bucks!
    If ya ever need to talk about somthing just send me a pm and I'll hopefully get back to ya quickly.

Yeah, it's not much obvious anywhere else other than the family thread. I don't really like to go off-topic on the threads that are not supposed to that.

I hope you did overcome your depressive phase and thank you for the offer, I won't forget.

Tested the stage, the special thing was what I supposed. Nice find. So, it's from some SSE stage, right? I guess I'll be using the same, instead of the clear water from Delphino Tongue

About the stage itself, it's really detailed, with the laptop, the books... Everything fits well, and as SDoom says, it looks serene.

Well, hope you find the serenity you seem to be looking for with that stage. Again, good luck :3

Yes, Mewtwo. I believe it's nice for you to see some other people can experiment a bit too? =]

Thanks again.

First off, I hope you get better soon, life... Sometimes throws depression at you, but think of the things worth living for, family, friends... Those kinds of things, just... Take deep breaths whenever a panic attack hits. And if you have to, get medication for it. You'll pull through at some point, just do what you need to.

Second, this stage... Is very, VERY nice! Brawl has been lacking a realistic house stage, and you delivered it very nicely.

This stage is great for pictures, I'm sure, being a former BSS member, will find a good use for it for pictures. Overall? Very nice. Smiley

But yeah... Like I said though, please, just try to relax, I know depression can be hard... But, if you pull through, and get the right medication, you'll feel better, a little at a time. But it adds up.

Thank you very much for the advice and I'm glad you like the stage.

I'll be praying for you br3, a year ago life was being unkind to me in just about every way and I hated it. things will turn around, probably when you least expect it too. If you ever decide to start hacking again we'll all be ready for whatever you bring! Whether it's City Escape, Clock Town. Just make sure you're doing it because you love it, not because other people want it. You have made a great contribution to the brawl community. I should thank you actually, if it wasn't for the pm you sent me back in May, I would have probably never posted anything in these forums.

Thank you. And I'm glad my PM encouraged you to hang around.

Also I totally forgot to comment on the stage but it is freaking sexy!
    Half of the graphics in it look better then most of the wii games out there XD
    I've gotta try it out when I get the chance, but I like all the little details in it like the diffrent soda cans and the book shelf.
    Were the books on the shelf meant to be actual books? I couldn't actually notice any I recognized XD

Thanks, I also like how the details came out. The books are all real books with the exception of one (the one with the Brawl emblem). But the only one that's actually recognizable is the top one in the top shelf.

O_O
    The stage... it looks amazing. So detailed Awesome Face
    Sorry to hear about your life, old wifey. It was nice having your hacks around. Hope to see you again sometime Smiley
    *hugs*

I'm glad you like the stage, Seggy. And I'm not disappearing... I'm just temporarily (or maybe definitely) not hacking.

*hugs back*

I like how I'm in the KC-MM photo and KC-MM is on the laptop. I like all the graphics like the Plasma TV and soda cans. I'm sad to hear about how your life is dealing with you though. Sad

I'm glad you like the stage and its details and thanks for your concern.

The stage is really peaceful over Distent Planet, great work on it.
    ^This.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, i hope everything goes well for you...

Thank you, Sorceress, and I'm really glad you enjoy my stage and find it peaceful to play on.

I really want City Escape. :p

lol, not what I expected but yeah, I do too.

Amazing work on your most recent hack! Smiley

Thank you, Konan. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Amazing work on the new stage br3

and best of luck to you, hope everthing goes well Angel

Glad you like the stage and thank you, sp.

It sucks when these things happen. Sorry to hear about that, and I hope all goes well.

I've actually considered hanging up my hacking hat for good a number of times, but I've usualy just taken a long break. Hope all goes well, and do what you want, take it at your own pace.

Thank you for your concern, Majora.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #905 on: August 20, 2011, 01:58:12 AM »

Great stage. It is just really good looking. You've gotten plenty of feedback, I'm sure you know by now. If you need to take a break go for it. Everybody has some point in their life where they are depressed about something; I just hope you get through it ok. Good luck; you are really talented and I would hate to see you leave indefinitely. Anyway I hope you feel better.

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #906 on: August 23, 2011, 08:39:04 AM »

Great stage. It is just really good looking. You've gotten plenty of feedback, I'm sure you know by now. If you need to take a break go for it. Everybody has some point in their life where they are depressed about something; I just hope you get through it ok. Good luck; you are really talented and I would hate to see you leave indefinitely. Anyway I hope you feel better.

Thank you for your concern, E. Spirit, and I'm glad you like the stage.

By the way, people, I'm just letting you all know that I don't want to give up on this. As soon as I don't feel the effects of depression anymore, and I have enough free time (university classes have started again and it's my final year), I'll be back to vertexing and making stages. Until that, I may even drop by eventually and release something else, like a menu.

That said, and given the fact that the V2 of my Aqua Blue/Terra tower CSS is already getting to 1000 downloads as well... is there any special kind of CSS you guys would want? I mean... a recolor of my CSS or a different one, or the such... fire your opinions away!

EDIT: Not a single idea?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #907 on: August 23, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »

Maybe something Bleach related?

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #908 on: August 23, 2011, 08:42:32 AM »

Maybe something Bleach related?

You mean like a Bleach themed CSS?

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #909 on: August 23, 2011, 08:52:22 AM »

You mean like a Bleach themed CSS?
    CSS, SSS, that kind of stuff yeah.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #910 on: August 23, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »

CSS, SSS, that kind of stuff yeah.

Sounds good. Gonna think about it.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

JediKnightTemplar
    Expert Kitten

I'm pretty much a useless lurker.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #911 on: August 27, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »

Just taking this zoomed out screenshot here, there's something very serene about it.  It's as though the stage conveys more than just platforms and ledges, but actual human emotion.  I can't quite describe it:

I agree with you. Just looking at the screenshots I've seen, it almost seems to represent what I'd imagine br3's emotional state might be right now (emphasis on the might, I don't want to put words in his mouth), with the clouds symbolizing his depression and the glimmer of the sun through the overcast symbolizing his hope for the future. The building might represent the one place he feels he has solice from a dank and depressing world. Once again, if this isn't actually how you feel, don't get offended, I'm just interpretting the images I've seen through the lense of high school English class.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #912 on: August 27, 2011, 08:23:29 PM »

I agree with you. Just looking at the screenshots I've seen, it almost seems to represent what I'd imagine br3's emotional state might be right now (emphasis on the might, I don't want to put words in his mouth), with the clouds symbolizing his depression and the glimmer of the sun through the overcast symbolizing his hope for the future. The building might represent the one place he feels he has solice from a dank and depressing world. Once again, if this isn't actually how you feel, don't get offended, I'm just interpretting the images I've seen through the lense of high school English class.

I'm not offended, I actually like to see the opinions you guys have about the stage, and also what you can see from it.

If I were to say... I'd say this location exists somewhere inside of me. Sometimes, I like to imagine myself in a house away from the rest of the world, in a calmer place, closer to nature. A place where you could go outside and just sit or lie down on the grass, and look to the sky just to see the clouds move by. This place I built isn't just really a Brawl stage, but a location that comes out of my heart and into reality where I think it belongs.
    « Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 08:30:27 PM by Ricky (br3) » Logged

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Friedslick6
    Extreme Kitten

I'll always be, just like you.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #913 on: August 28, 2011, 12:53:39 AM »

Well your latest stage has certainly inspired me in the work I'm currently doing in Computer Graphics & Design at school. Thanks for all the effort you've put in, really. Smiley

At some point, you just have to bend down and tie your shoelaces.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #914 on: August 28, 2011, 08:47:32 AM »

Well, good news, everyone!!

First of all, my stage was featured on SDoom's video for the Scott Pilgrim PSA! Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0pfuUUNsk" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CF0pfuUUNsk</a>

It's got me really happy to see someone used it on a video! Smiley

Also, I found the 3DSMax installation CD in the mess of my room and I'm installing it on my computer as we speak! That means I might be back to vertexing soon!

Well your latest stage has certainly inspired me in the work I'm currently doing in Computer Graphics & Design at school. Thanks for all the effort you've put in, really. Smiley

I'm glad to hear my stage inspired you. Good luck on your work!

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Pages:  1 ... 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 ... 73
    Print
    Jump to: