Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53]
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 502051 times)
Magicthunder
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #780 on: October 17, 2016, 08:53:58 PM »

So I've been wanting to hack Super Smash Bros. Brawl too, but I use an emulator to play it. I own two physical copies of the game and everything but I like having it on the go is all so I use Dolphin Emulator on my laptop to play. The thing is, as far as I know, it is possible to hack an emulated wii as you would a real one, though it is MUCH more complicated. I know my request my be a bit difficult or stupid but I really just want to know how to add songs into the game at the very least. A lesson on adding in characters and stages through cloning would be greatly appreciated as well, but really the only thing I completely want out of this is new music. Preferably without replacing any of the songs already in the game, so also through cloning if that's even possible... I just realized how difficult and demanding my request sounds, its not necessary for it to be accomplished, I realize this is a VERY complicated thing to ask and I was just shooting to see if I hit a mark. Just to summarize, I would like to be taught how to add music, characters, and stages (but mostly music) into brawl without replacing any of the main assets while also using an emulator as a wii instead of an actual wii. I have downloaded the Gecko OS, I can create virtual SD cards at will, the current one I use being 2 GB in size but I can create a smaller one if necessary, and I know how to run the Gecko OS in my emulator. Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope someone can help me out here, or at least let me know if my extremely demanding request is a lost cause. Once again, thank you very much

spiderfreak1011
Newbie Kitten

Just your typical Smash fan here.

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #781 on: December 30, 2016, 11:05:47 PM »

I had a question. I see a number of stage textures that i want to use tend to be ones that go over the Wifi Waiting Room Stage. But, i don't know how to really access that stage with hacks these days, especially considering Wifi only works with certain networks now. Could someone help me with this issue? One such stage i want to use that goes over the Wifi Waiting Room is this one in question: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=All&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Featured=All&Name=The+Research+Facility&ByUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=Stage&SubtypeSearch=and&Target=-1

[img=http://oi60.tinypic.com/2hsbvhw.jpg]

YershiBear
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #782 on: January 15, 2017, 07:31:41 AM »

If anyone knows about this, please tell me: Where are Project M's stock image files? (You know, the images that show how many lives you have left in a match. I'm modding the game with costumes but cannot locate stock image files.)

ShadowX
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #783 on: January 18, 2017, 02:01:30 AM »

If anyone knows about this, please tell me: Where are Project M's stock image files? (You know, the images that show how many lives you have left in a match. I'm modding the game with costumes but cannot locate stock image files.)
"X:\projectm\pf\info2\info.pac" or "X:\projectm\pf\menu\common\StockFaceTex.brres". I don't remember which is the one for in-game stocks. Also, the stock icons in "X:\projectm\pf\stage\melee\STGRESULT.pac" are the ones on the results screen.
Hope that helps!
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 01:17:04 AM by ShadowX » Logged

spiderfreak1011
Newbie Kitten

Just your typical Smash fan here.

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #784 on: February 14, 2017, 02:44:58 PM »

Alright so, i've had this problem ever since i started using GeckoOS, but it's pretty trivial, so, i haven't said anything of it up until now.

Whenever i start up Gecko OS and Brawl with Hacks enabled, compared to when i start up Brawl normally in the Wii Menu, i notice something happens. Everytime i start it up with Gecko OS, the screen gains these Big Black Bars on the sides of the screen. When i start up normal Brawl, it just has the entirety of the game take up my screen, no bars or anything.

This really bothers me because when i try to capture the footage and edit it, i have to zoom in the camera to not show the black bars and it hurts my overall quality because the pixels get blown up.

They're really huge Black Bars on the sides too, each one makes up about an inch of length on either side, and from what i've scoured from the internet, no one seems to know of a way to fix this or if there's a version of GeckoOS that fixes it. So, i was hoping you guys could help. If i could even just reduce the length of the bars by half, i'm sure the quality would improve drastically. Can anyone help me?

Post Merge: February 15, 2017, 02:29:23 PM
^^ Actually nevermind, i don't need help with this anymore, friend helped me.

But i do have this question i never figured out. Where do i go to find out how to use the Alloys in Brawl? I never found out what code or what to use to properly use them and such. Could anyone help me with that?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 02:29:23 PM by spiderfreak1011 » Logged

[img=http://oi60.tinypic.com/2hsbvhw.jpg]

Pages:  1 ... 50 51 52 [53]
Print
Jump to: