Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 896120 times)
inactive
Mega Kitten

Ciniccino

View Profile Awards
« Reply #465 on: November 10, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »

same i cant get the stage models to to work either! its annoying because i  dont like a bunch of stages

thanks for making this guide after like a year i can hack!

Post merge

Wait after I posted this they worked... -_-
lol
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 07:35:14 PM by Gamma Ridley » Logged

Kilroy
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #466 on: December 25, 2012, 09:30:03 AM »

Hey so i started hacking my wii today, and i got homebrew channel and riivolution(i only have an 8 gig sd card). I've got project m on my sd card but it's not running when i start brawl through riivolution. I've got a sandisk 8 gig micro sd card. Please help.

Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #467 on: December 27, 2012, 03:45:31 AM »

Hey so i started hacking my wii today, and i got homebrew channel and riivolution(i only have an 8 gig sd card). I've got project m on my sd card but it's not running when i start brawl through riivolution. I've got a sandisk 8 gig micro sd card. Please help.
    riivolution is not a gecko loader replacement, you need another file that takes the place of the usual file patch code you are used to seeing, known as an XML

crwys
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #468 on: January 05, 2013, 09:21:58 PM »

Ok so the filepatch is not working for me.
    I copied the code so I know thats right, I know its loading the right codes. I know the folder paths and file names are correct. The stage hacks addon works.
    K:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter
    I know the region matches the game.
    It says codes found, all codes work besides the file patch. I've tried one already in a gct, and I tried to add it manually as well and its not working.
    Any ideas?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #469 on: January 06, 2013, 02:31:59 AM »

Ok so the filepatch is not working for me.
    I copied the code so I know thats right, I know its loading the right codes. I know the folder paths and file names are correct. The stage hacks addon works.
    K:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter
    I know the region matches the game.
    It says codes found, all codes work besides the file patch. I've tried one already in a gct, and I tried to add it manually as well and its not working.
    Any ideas?
    did you add any hacks? are they named right? ( a mario hack with a file named "awesome mario hack (crack edition).pcs" for example,  is not a valid setup )

if ypu are only using pac files, you will ONLY see them when your online opponents pick them

crwys
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #470 on: January 06, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »

Never mind I figured it out, its because I was using a 16gb micro sd card. Switched to a 2gb sd card and it worked like a charm.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #471 on: January 06, 2013, 05:15:46 PM »

Never mind I figured it out, its because I was using a 16gb micro sd card. Switched to a 2gb sd card and it worked like a charm.
    yup about the SDs

if using gecko, you are limited to 2GB (because thats the max brawl supports)
    if you use riivolution however,
    you can use up to 32 GB SD

S1ikz
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #472 on: January 07, 2013, 09:20:16 AM »

Hey there i have a question. When naming the FitCharacterXX.pac or pcs for riivolution do you have to place the _en in them and if so where becuase i just placed the files of a link texture to look and fight as saber but when i run the game and try to brawl it freezes. Thanks for the help.

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #473 on: January 07, 2013, 07:31:12 PM »

Hey there i have a question. When naming the FitCharacterXX.pac or pcs for riivolution do you have to place the _en in them and if so where becuase i just placed the files of a link texture to look and fight as saber but when i run the game and try to brawl it freezes. Thanks for the help.
    no _en

freezing on a fitblahblahexex.pcs indicates the hack itself is bad - contact the creator of suspected file

Emmanoelbs
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #474 on: January 08, 2013, 10:05:42 PM »

i am trying here where to place the brres files, i need to rename the image type (Image.Brres) or the image itself (imageBrres.png)? OR... i need to convert the image file with a program?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #475 on: January 08, 2013, 10:16:29 PM »

i am trying here where to place the brres files, i need to rename the image type (Image.Brres) or the image itself (imageBrres.png)? OR... i need to convert the image file with a program?

brres for what?

brres  for portraits contain textures, and should NOT have a renamed PNG file in it's place

if you are asking about the damage meter's portraits during a battle it's:
    pf>info>portrite>infacexxy.brres

more on what xxy means here at http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=25.0

NoobTextureHacker
    Intermediate Kitten

The weaker you are the louder you bark

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #476 on: January 13, 2013, 03:44:25 PM »

hello i just started this texture hacking thing as suggested by my name and i got the textures to work on the dolphin emulator and i burn a copy of it and only some textures worked. So i decided to load them from usb or sd card. So what do i put in after K:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter i have the characters that i want to texture hack do i put the texture hacks in these files. O and i am using Gecko OS to load my brawl back up will to work plz help Cry [/b] [/i] [/size] [/size]

The pain of being alone...is not an easy one to bear..why is it...that I can understand your pain? But...I already have many people who are important to me now...and I can't let you hurt any of them...even if I have to kill you!

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #477 on: January 13, 2013, 03:54:06 PM »

hello i just started this texture hacking thing as suggested by my name and i got the textures to work on the dolphin emulator and i burn a copy of it and only some textures worked. So i decided to load them from usb or sd card. So what do i put in after K:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\fighter i have the characters that i want to texture hack do i put the texture hacks in these files. O and i am using Gecko OS to load my brawl back up will to work plz help Cry [/b] [/i] [/size] [/size]
    and then \yoshi\the modded files go here

for example...

NoobTextureHacker
    Intermediate Kitten

The weaker you are the louder you bark

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #478 on: January 14, 2013, 06:33:57 PM »

thanks but how do you test the hacks because i want to burn it on a disc

The pain of being alone...is not an easy one to bear..why is it...that I can understand your pain? But...I already have many people who are important to me now...and I can't let you hurt any of them...even if I have to kill you!

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #479 on: January 14, 2013, 08:28:04 PM »

thanks but how do you test the hacks because i want to burn it on a disc
    not advisable,  you CANNOT test a hack without running it in the game
    because everything will look fine...
    until the game tries to use it and freezes because something small was wrong with it...

I assume you pirated brawl and are trying to burn it or are stuck on the oldfut method of modding brawl.... in that case, please buy the game and THEN try testing them on your wii

Pages:  1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 53
    Print
    Jump to: