Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 893072 times)
ShadowX
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #645 on: June 03, 2014, 08:31:02 PM »

Could you give me a link to download them, I know that the game won't dump itself into my SD card Its just that I've looked EVERYWHERE and no one gives information on how to acquire the fighter folder, all tutorials assume you have it.
There is no direct download link. To "acquire" the fighter folder, you click on "New Folder" on your computer. You then make the folder with the appropriate character's "game name" (which are stated on the first page of this forum), and place the file(s) associated with that character in it. The hacks are located right here on the Brawl Vault.

Snakezarr
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #646 on: June 03, 2014, 10:28:27 PM »

Thank you for clearing that up.

ShadowX
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #647 on: June 03, 2014, 10:32:10 PM »

Thank you for clearing that up.
Anytime. Smiley

Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #648 on: June 03, 2014, 10:49:00 PM »

Could you give me a link to download them, I know that the game won't dump itself into my SD card Its just that I've looked EVERYWHERE and no one gives information on how to aquire the fighter folder, all tutorials assume you have it.
    on top of this website is a resources button, and go there and on the bottom is this link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vhNdf69qaSZ0N0MnBjOXFYMU0#

the original files are only needed if you are CREATING mods

the folder itself is nothing special its just a folder and has no unique things about it that makes it any different from making a folder labeled "fighter" in the "pf" folder

the reason why all tutorials assume you have it is because there's no need to aquire a directory (path) from a disc or download

ShadowCrosserX
    Intermediate Kitten

A Random Gaming YouTuber...

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #649 on: June 07, 2014, 06:01:34 PM »

Hello, I am having an issue when I try and load a custom character texture on Super Smash Bros Brawl, via both Gecko OS and Riivolution. I have a softmodded Wii, I even have the textures named correctly over which character skin I want it to cover over, I also have the custom textures in the path: private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/fighter/(Name Of Character). Yet, when I load it up, it freezes when I attempt to choose a character or select a stage. I did not try a custom stage yet and sometimes it only loads the original skins for some reason.

For example, I downloaded a character texture on BrawlVault, which was Karas Knight(Meta Knight Texture), then put it the the path mentioned above, I even renamed it. I also did not modify the skin either. Could the game be freezing because the texture is broken or maybe these textures are patched? I tried making a .gct code file via Code Manager using the file replacement code and put it in the "codes" folder on the root of the SD card. In addition, my SD card does not exceed the 2GB memory limit.

So the question is, why is this happening? Is my file corrupted, is it patched by Nintendo, or perhaps the texture itself is broken  in general? There could be many possibilities... All I know is that I followed multiple tutorials stating what to do in which I followed every single step. Could someone please assist me in this issue? Many thanks! Smiley

Additional Information:

- Wii Menu Version: 4.3U (United States)
    - Wii Console State: Softmodded
    - Wii Console Softmodded via LetterBomb

Issues Encountered:

- Wii freezes when selecting a stage or character by loading a custom texture from Gecko OS or Riivolution
    - When Wii console freezes it will not allow me to turn the power off unless I unplug the cord. Therefor rendering me to attempt the process all over again.

File Information:

- The Karas Knight texture is a .pcs file.

~ShadowCrosserX

My Own Inspirational Quote for the Week: "Your personal opinion on your own art value should not be based off of skill or appearance, but of how much you come to really appreciate what masterpiece you accomplished".

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

Archer Class Servant Master Race

• Awards Heart Container Warm Welcomer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #650 on: June 07, 2014, 06:17:06 PM »

Seems like you don't have a PAC file...
    Open your texture in brawlbox, save it as a .pair file, and you're done.

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.
    A forgotten place of a forgotten hero.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #651 on: June 12, 2014, 03:43:24 PM »

I've just recently switched to Project: M (because it works) and everything was going perfectly fine until a couple days ago when I was downloading hacks and downloaded the Shadow over Mr. Game & Watch hack. It was the only one that required me to use a code (something in which I have found I suck at writing...) and a .rel file. I did what I could with the code and placed the provided .rel file in the module folder. Then when I went to test it, it froze! Right at the strap loading screen!

So thinking that it had to have been the Shadow over G&M hack, I immediately went back to my computer and took off the the .pac/.pcs, .rel files, and the code. Guess what? It still didn't work! Same exact spot.

This is the only time when I have had Project: M not work. (Besides it freezing because of other characters, but I took care of those.) If anybody could enlighten me as to why it's not working, I would be most appreciative.

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #652 on: June 12, 2014, 04:21:01 PM »

I've just recently switched to Project: M (because it works) and everything was going perfectly fine until a couple days ago when I was downloading hacks and downloaded the Shadow over Mr. Game & Watch hack. It was the only one that required me to use a code (something in which I have found I suck at writing...) and a .rel file. I did what I could with the code and placed the provided .rel file in the module folder. Then when I went to test it, it froze! Right at the strap loading screen!

So thinking that it had to have been the Shadow over G&M hack, I immediately went back to my computer and took off the the .pac/.pcs, .rel files, and the code. Guess what? It still didn't work! Same exact spot.

This is the only time when I have had Project: M not work. (Besides it freezing because of other characters, but I took care of those.) If anybody could enlighten me as to why it's not working, I would be most appreciative.
    SD Card issues? Did you try to format it?

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

Learning sucks, yeah, but it's from learning that you can eventually create masterpieces.

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #653 on: June 12, 2014, 04:26:05 PM »

SD Card issues? Did you try to format it?
    I'll try that, but that wouldn't explain why it worked before I put that particular hack on it.

Post Merge: June 12, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
    Nothing. Same exact result.

Post Merge: June 12, 2014, 06:23:21 PM
    Ok, so I formatted the SD and put on Project: M without any other extra mods, and then it worked. So it's not a card error.

So my question now is, does anybody know if P:M supports adding extra SFX, Music, or Items? I'm using the Non-Homebrew version because I had to delete HB off my Wii.
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 06:23:21 PM by ShadowX » Logged

Archer(AkenoS3)
    Lol Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #654 on: June 12, 2014, 06:43:30 PM »

I'll try that, but that wouldn't explain why it worked before I put that particular hack on it.

Post Merge: June 12, 2014, 05:03:10 PM
    Nothing. Same exact result.

Post Merge: June 12, 2014, 06:23:21 PM
    Ok, so I formatted the SD and put on Project: M without any other extra mods, and then it worked. So it's not a card error.

So my question now is, does anybody know if P:M supports adding extra SFX, Music, or Items? I'm using the Non-Homebrew version because I had to delete HB off my Wii.
    I dunno.

Though it should work, because I recall adding some PSAs made by Amarythe and Kitsu, I deleted all their songs to add mine, and I even added some other SFX so... yea...

On PC On Phone
    My PSA thread below.

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #655 on: June 12, 2014, 06:56:58 PM »

I dunno.

Though it should work, because I recall adding some PSAs made by Amarythe and Kitsu, I deleted all their songs to add mine, and I even added some other SFX so... yea...
    I think it might be items, since some hacks that are made for P:M or work for it, come with SFX. Plus, adding in your own music is about the easiest thing to do in Brawl hacking, I don't think that it should be a problem in Project: M.

Oh well. I'm going to go try my theory. Thanks for all your help! (I might be back...)

Post Merge: June 12, 2014, 10:56:50 PM
    Ok, so SFX and custom music works fine! I haven't tested items yet. I'll probably do that tomorrow.

Question: Besides using Sawndz (which is currently giving me problems), is there a way to change the victory themes and/or announcer calls? Could it be as simple as dropping in the corresponding .brsar file into the "sounds" folder and renaming it accordingly? Like if I wanted to replace Snake's victory theme, I would put in the .brsar file and name it Z46?
    « Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 10:56:50 PM by ShadowX » Logged

ShadowCrosserX
    Intermediate Kitten

A Random Gaming YouTuber...

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #656 on: June 14, 2014, 05:42:27 PM »

Update: In case your wondering what happened to my earlier post related to my model being deformed, I've deleted that post in which was located here and moved it to a more proper spot known as the "Model Help" section. I probably won't be very specific on where it's at, because being banned for promoting threads is one of the last things on my mind. Sorry...
    « Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 05:52:28 PM by ShadowCrosserX » Logged

My Own Inspirational Quote for the Week: "Your personal opinion on your own art value should not be based off of skill or appearance, but of how much you come to really appreciate what masterpiece you accomplished".

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #657 on: June 20, 2014, 01:06:03 PM »

How do you get recolors to work for a Mr. Game & Watch hack? Obviously CSP's work but when I put recolors in the gamewatch folder, they're all the same original color. There has to be a way since Nintendo did it. I'm just wondering if anybody here knows that way.

vanhuynh16
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #658 on: June 20, 2014, 02:00:18 PM »

Hello! Does anyone know where the locations are all the font files? Like not in the font folders, but in the pac files. I read in an old thread that in MiscData[9], MiscData[10] in common2.pac and common3.pac contain font_hira.brfnt, font_melee.brfnt and font_latin1.arc, font_latin12.arc respectively.

common2.pac
    - MiscData[9] = font_hira.brfnt
    - MiscData[10] = font_melee.brfnt

common3.pac
    - MiscData[9] = font_latin1.arc
    - MiscData[10] = font_latin12.arc

So I cannot find font_watch.arc. Does anyone know where this is located at in the pac files? Thank you!

Or can someone help me look for it also within the pac files? It should be 232 KB! I would be very very thankful if you can help me find it!

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #659 on: June 20, 2014, 10:56:56 PM »

Hello! Does anyone know where the locations are all the font files? Like not in the font folders, but in the pac files. I read in an old thread that in MiscData[9], MiscData[10] in common2.pac and common3.pac contain font_hira.brfnt, font_melee.brfnt and font_latin1.arc, font_latin12.arc respectively.

common2.pac
    - MiscData[9] = font_hira.brfnt
    - MiscData[10] = font_melee.brfnt

common3.pac
    - MiscData[9] = font_latin1.arc
    - MiscData[10] = font_latin12.arc

So I cannot find font_watch.arc. Does anyone know where this is located at in the pac files? Thank you!

Or can someone help me look for it also within the pac files? It should be 232 KB! I would be very very thankful if you can help me find it!
    BRFNT files ARE The fonts, these are ONLY Moddable for a specific characterset for MKW unless you know the exact size and grid of the TPL for brawl'sthe font for the text and stuff such as the character names and stage names thats a ttexture of text

Pages:  1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 53
    Print
    Jump to: