Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 893173 times)
vanhuynh16
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #660 on: June 21, 2014, 02:07:25 PM »

BRFNT files ARE The fonts, these are ONLY Moddable for a specific characterset for MKW unless you know the exact size and grid of the TPL for brawl'sthe font for the text and stuff such as the character names and stage names thats a ttexture of text

I know that, but just replacing the arc files and brfnt files in system/font doesn't actually change the files unless you can find them in the pac files also. I'm trying to replace the brfnt and arc files with the Korean brfnt and arc files because I'm trying to make a Korean version of PM. Because I'm messing with the .msbin files, I need the font files to be in Korean so they can actually read the Korean on the .msbin files.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 02:09:13 PM by vanhuynh16 » Logged

ShadowX
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #661 on: June 26, 2014, 08:48:04 AM »

Does any version of P:M (no homebrew, homebrew, or gecko) support the use of an SD card larger than 2 GB? I know on the website they said that it had to be equal to or less, but I thought I had heard something about being able to use a larger card. Does anybody know anything about that?

Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #662 on: June 27, 2014, 03:37:48 PM »

Does any version of P:M (no homebrew, homebrew, or gecko) support the use of an SD card larger than 2 GB? I know on the website they said that it had to be equal to or less, but I thought I had heard something about being able to use a larger card. Does anybody know anything about that?
    hackless wii set is limited to 2 GB because the hackless set depends on brawl using an SD card unmodde to even load the launched and

brawl does not support cards bigger than 2GB

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #663 on: June 27, 2014, 03:50:13 PM »

hackless wii set is limited to 2 GB because the hackless set depends on brawl using an SD card unmodde to even load the launched and

brawl does not support cards bigger than 2GB
    So if I were to use the version either for Gecko or Homebrew (When they say Homebrew, they mean Riivolution, right?), I could use a larger card?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #664 on: June 28, 2014, 12:22:53 PM »

So if I were to use the version either for Gecko or Homebrew (When they say Homebrew, they mean Riivolution, right?), I could use a larger card?
    heres how hackless wii works

you take the stage builder method of installing homebrew, but INSTEAD of having the homebrew installer as the thing to load, we put either gecko, projectM".exe", or riivolution, these are ALL hackless wii loadable homebrew applications

what dictates the app that hackless wii loads?

the app's BOOT.ELF being at the root of your SD card

when they say homebrew, they mean, the set WITHOUT the stage builder thing to load it (meaning you MUST have homebrew channel installed to load ANY (pm, gecko, riivolution))

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #665 on: June 28, 2014, 12:32:28 PM »

heres how hackless wii works

you take the stage builder method of installing homebrew, but INSTEAD of having the homebrew installer as the thing to load, we put either gecko, projectM".exe", or riivolution, these are ALL hackless wii loadable homebrew applications

what dictates the app that hackless wii loads?

the app's BOOT.ELF being at the root of your SD card

when they say homebrew, they mean, the set WITHOUT the stage builder thing to load it (meaning you MUST have homebrew channel installed to load ANY (pm, gecko, riivolution))
    So if I downloaded the Homebrew or the Gecko version and used the Homebrew Channel, I would use Gecko or Riivolution and it wouldn't matter which one? They would both be considered the hacked way of loading P:M?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #666 on: June 28, 2014, 03:20:40 PM »

So if I downloaded the Homebrew or the Gecko version and used the Homebrew Channel, I would use Gecko or Riivolution and it wouldn't matter which one? They would both be considered the hacked way of loading P:M?

BOTH are hacked

if you are looking for hackless, REPLACE the homebrew installer from a get homebrew on wii download  with the boot.elf of an app

example

get this: http://www.wiibrew.org/w/images/4/4e/Smashstack.zip

and then download ONE of the following to the ROOT of your SD card:

riivolution: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3417fildtozvztc/boot.elf

Gecko: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8vhzclfz50qjh4u/boot.elf

DESPITE what looks like the same exact file, they are actually different, just LABELD the same because the stage builder thing will be looking for a file in a specific place with that specific name and load the code it happens to contain

you MUST DELETE all your stage buiilder stages through the stage builder  including the SD ones, then exit out and go back to stage builder

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #667 on: June 28, 2014, 03:31:33 PM »

BOTH are hacked

if you are looking for hackless, REPLACE the homebrew installer from a get homebrew on wii download  with the boot.elf of an app

example

get this: http://www.wiibrew.org/w/images/4/4e/Smashstack.zip

and then download ONE of the following to the ROOT of your SD card:

riivolution: http://www.mediafire.com/download/3417fildtozvztc/boot.elf

Gecko: http://www.mediafire.com/download/8vhzclfz50qjh4u/boot.elf

DESPITE what looks like the same exact file, they are actually different, just LABELD the same because the stage builder thing will be looking for a file in a specific place with that specific name and load the code it happens to contain

you MUST DELETE all your stage buiilder stages through the stage builder  including the SD ones, then exit out and go back to stage builder
    I already had all of this installed on my Wii originally. I had to take off Homebrew and thus Gecko because of a situation with a sibling of mine, but I still have Riivolution installed.

My question is, is there a way for me to use P:M through Riivolution and use an SD card that's larger than 2 GB?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #668 on: June 28, 2014, 05:21:39 PM »

I already had all of this installed on my Wii originally. I had to take off Homebrew and thus Gecko because of a situation with a sibling of mine, but I still have Riivolution installed.

My question is, is there a way for me to use P:M through Riivolution and use an SD card that's larger than 2 GB?

if your sibling  doesnt allow you homebrew  then you're screwed and cant play projectM,  you CANNOT use riivo with PM, because they are cheat code happy for everything which bugs me personally that they use codes first, then files if the code cant mod what they need

you will NEED to iunstall homebrew on the wii  OR a 2GB sd card to run projectM from now on

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #669 on: June 28, 2014, 06:50:06 PM »

if your sibling  doesnt allow you homebrew  then you're screwed and cant play projectM,  you CANNOT use riivo with PM, because they are cheat code happy for everything which bugs me personally that they use codes first, then files if the code cant mod what they need

you will NEED to iunstall homebrew on the wii  OR a 2GB sd card to run projectM from now on
    So Homebrew is mandatory for me to to use the other two options? Huh.

So if I understand this correctly, to use P:M with a SD card larger than 2 gigs, I need to reinstall Homebrew and run it through what? Gecko OS?
    « Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 06:51:19 PM by ShadowX » Logged

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #670 on: June 28, 2014, 07:30:40 PM »

So Homebrew is mandatory for me to to use the other two options? Huh.

So if I understand this correctly, to use P:M with a SD card larger than 2 gigs, I need to reinstall Homebrew and run it through what? Gecko OS?
    through their app

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #671 on: June 28, 2014, 07:37:58 PM »

through their app
    That's the one that comes with the other two versions, right?

So when I put one of the other versions on the SD card, I would go to the Homebrew Channel and then run P:M through the app that comes with it?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #672 on: June 28, 2014, 11:52:05 PM »

That's the one that comes with the other two versions, right?

So when I put one of the other versions on the SD card, I would go to the Homebrew Channel and then run P:M through the app that comes with it?
    its always been since 3.0 the app they made

now you take my previous post

and MOVE the boot.elf of the projectM app to the root of the SD card

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #673 on: June 29, 2014, 12:30:44 AM »

its always been since 3.0 the app they made

now you take my previous post

and MOVE the boot.elf of the projectM app to the root of the SD card

M'kay. I'll try it and see how it goes. Thanks for the help.

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #674 on: July 12, 2014, 06:09:45 PM »

Project: M (in one way or another) is essentially part of, or uses, the Twilight Hack correct? According to http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests a SD card thats 4gb or higher (SDHC) does not work with the Twilight Hack.

If that's true, then how am I supposed to use an SD card that's larger than 2gb with P:M?

Currently, I'm using a Transcend 8gb SDHC Class 10 card because my other 2 Transcend 2gb SD cards weren't enough. (I also have both 512mb and 256mb cards, but that's irrelevant right now.) All I did was copy the exact files from one 2gb card to the 8gb card. The 2gb cards worked fine, but as I said, didn't have enough memory. When I use my 8gb, it loads HBC and shows that I have P:M on the card and even loads the P:M menu. But when I press "PLAY", it just goes back to the Wii menu (also if I don't do anything for a while on the P:M menu, everything freezes except the background music).

Can someone please help me out with this? I just spent almost $10 on this card so it's brand new and I don't want to have it be a waste of money.

Pages:  1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 53
    Print
    Jump to: