Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 893083 times)
ptoung
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #675 on: July 12, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »

are there any skins you can just load up from the character's folder with riivolution

Diddy Kong
Lol Kitten

chief

• Awards Heart Container Hot Topic Famous Hacker Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #676 on: July 13, 2014, 02:49:29 PM »

Project: M (in one way or another) is essentially part of, or uses, the Twilight Hack correct? According to http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/SD/SDHC_Card_Compatibility_Tests a SD card thats 4gb or higher (SDHC) does not work with the Twilight Hack.

If that's true, then how am I supposed to use an SD card that's larger than 2gb with P:M?

Currently, I'm using a Transcend 8gb SDHC Class 10 card because my other 2 Transcend 2gb SD cards weren't enough. (I also have both 512mb and 256mb cards, but that's irrelevant right now.) All I did was copy the exact files from one 2gb card to the 8gb card. The 2gb cards worked fine, but as I said, didn't have enough memory. When I use my 8gb, it loads HBC and shows that I have P:M on the card and even loads the P:M menu. But when I press "PLAY", it just goes back to the Wii menu (also if I don't do anything for a while on the P:M menu, everything freezes except the background music).

Can someone please help me out with this? I just spent almost $10 on this card so it's brand new and I don't want to have it be a waste of money.

simple, its not the hackless set that works with larger SD cards

you need to already have used the twilight hack to install either homebrew or the projectM launcher (BOTH of which support cards bigger than 2 GB)

the gateway to starting hackless or installing them to your wii menu hackless does *NOT* support larger than 2 GB

additionally if its something like riivo, you can have a clone of the app  part of the two sd cards, and the bigger one have the mod pack installed on it, and just as the app booots, switch the two sd cards before the app gets a chance to read it

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #677 on: July 13, 2014, 06:30:30 PM »

simple, its not the hackless set that works with larger SD cards

you need to already have used the twilight hack to install either homebrew or the projectM launcher (BOTH of which support cards bigger than 2 GB)

the gateway to starting hackless or installing them to your wii menu hackless does *NOT* support larger than 2 GB

additionally if its something like riivo, you can have a clone of the app  part of the two sd cards, and the bigger one have the mod pack installed on it, and just as the app booots, switch the two sd cards before the app gets a chance to read it
    Per your previous suggestion of using the P:M app, that's what I'm using now. I would like to keep everything on one card, if possible.

My 8gb is formatted to FAT32 which I have not used before with Brawl hacking; I've always used the FAT format and I've never had a problem with it. (Note that my 8gb will not allow me to format it to FAT, nor have I found a way for the Wii itself to format my card as a digital camera can.) I don't know if this is the problem, but other than the size of the card, the format, and the class, there's nothing different between my 8gb and my 2gb. Any suggestions?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #678 on: July 14, 2014, 03:53:40 PM »

Per your previous suggestion of using the P:M app, that's what I'm using now. I would like to keep everything on one card, if possible.

My 8gb is formatted to FAT32 which I have not used before with Brawl hacking; I've always used the FAT format and I've never had a problem with it. (Note that my 8gb will not allow me to format it to FAT, nor have I found a way for the Wii itself to format my card as a digital camera can.) I don't know if this is the problem, but other than the size of the card, the format, and the class, there's nothing different between my 8gb and my 2gb. Any suggestions?
    fat32 has a higher copacity per file and size limit, FAT is i think 2GB capacity max, and fat32 is 32 GB, xfat is 256GB

that doesnt matter on formatting, you will still need the 2 GB to launch the modlauncher from stage builder, then SWITCH sd cards when the app comes up, if this fails, then you HAVE to install the app to the wii menu or install homebrew from the 2GB

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #679 on: July 14, 2014, 06:38:20 PM »

fat32 has a higher copacity per file and size limit, FAT is i think 2GB capacity max, and fat32 is 32 GB, xfat is 256GB

that doesnt matter on formatting, you will still need the 2 GB to launch the modlauncher from stage builder, then SWITCH sd cards when the app comes up, if this fails, then you HAVE to install the app to the wii menu or install homebrew from the 2GB
    I did install the app. I said that in my previous comment; first sentence.

I know that you need a 2gb card to run it from the stage builder. I'm asking how can use a larger card with the app. You said it could be done, but it's not working. What am I doing wrong?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #680 on: July 15, 2014, 02:15:42 PM »

I did install the app. I said that in my previous comment; first sentence.

I know that you need a 2gb card to run it from the stage builder. I'm asking how can use a larger card with the app. You said it could be done, but it's not working. What am I doing wrong?
    if SDHC isnt working with the project M launcher launching project M

ask the PMBR for help

otherwise, look into the SDHC code and checking that the app used uses an SDHC supported IOS

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #681 on: July 15, 2014, 02:35:49 PM »

if SDHC isnt working with the project M launcher launching project M

ask the PMBR for help

otherwise, look into the SDHC code and checking that the app used uses an SDHC supported IOS
    Two things:

1. Where do I contact the PMBR?

2. How would I look into the SDHC code?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #682 on: July 16, 2014, 03:53:29 PM »

Two things:

1. Where do I contact the PMBR?

2. How would I look into the SDHC code?
    1) click our chat link, then join #projectM room
    2) this forums

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #683 on: July 16, 2014, 07:12:53 PM »

1) click our chat link, then join #projectM room
    2) this forums
    1. Alright. I found it. I'll look into it. Thanks.
    2. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "this forums". Do you mean that there's a page on the KC-MM forums that would indicate where I locate the SDHC code? If so, could you give me a link to that/those page(s)?

Diddy Kong
    Lol Kitten

chief

« Reply #684 on: July 17, 2014, 01:59:09 PM »

1. Alright. I found it. I'll look into it. Thanks.
    2. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "this forums". Do you mean that there's a page on the KC-MM forums that would indicate where I locate the SDHC code? If so, could you give me a link to that/those page(s)?
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=65342.0

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #685 on: July 17, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »

Thanks! I'll look into it and see how things turn out.

MrEpicIsHere777
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #686 on: July 23, 2014, 11:31:11 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, (since I am new) but is thier have the common(x).pac files for NTSC-U brawl? The newest link is disabled.

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #687 on: July 23, 2014, 11:41:30 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, (since I am new) but is thier have the common(x).pac files for NTSC-U brawl? The newest link is disabled.
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4vhNdf69qaSVGlRMXNRWW1Ybms&tid=0B4vhNdf69qaSZ0N0MnBjOXFYMU0

MrEpicIsHere777
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #688 on: July 23, 2014, 11:43:08 AM »

Thanks so much!

ShadowX
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #689 on: July 23, 2014, 11:44:22 AM »

Thanks so much!
    Anytime.

Pages:  1 ... 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 ... 53