Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 893077 times)
Clay Smith
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 11:43:22 AM »

Using Riivolution and am RSBE01 and got most everything to work last night and got some custom characters and models in and such but today I realized that my codes werent working and realized I had ocarina disabled, but when I enable it and launch the game, I am left with only a blank screen (have tried both VI hook and KPAD hook). 

Have I missed something somewhere?

demonsxlr8
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 01:07:50 PM »

... anyone? i put the Strap into ''RSBP>pf>menu>strap

and in the strap folder i puted StrapEn.pac

i turn on the game with riivolution and the strap does not work.

any suggestions?

ME IS NOT PERFECT AT ENGLISH

lol, i'm portuguese but i'm not perfect at english. I may have some mistakes on my post, but, wtv Grin

tjmsrubegoldberg
Pursuit Cop
Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Featured Super Saiyan Topic Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 04:56:55 PM »

... anyone? i put the Strap into ''RSBP>pf>menu>strap

and in the strap folder i puted StrapEn.pac

i turn on the game with riivolution and the strap does not work.

any suggestions?
    Since you're PAL, StrapEn.pac may not work. You might want to try renaming it to StrapFr.pac or StrapSp.pac, depending on your language.

Whenever I try to make a new .brstm file with BrawlBox, the program only lets me work with the first 1.65 seconds. Obviously, this won't do, so how can I get the program to read data for the whole song?
    Personally, I don't like BrawlBox for making BRSTMs. I use the BCSM-GUI 1.5 (Link is in the first post I think), and make the loops with a separate audio editor (like Audacity).

Using Riivolution and am RSBE01 and got most everything to work last night and got some custom characters and models in and such but today I realized that my codes werent working and realized I had ocarina disabled, but when I enable it and launch the game, I am left with only a blank screen (have tried both VI hook and KPAD hook). 

Have I missed something somewhere?
    What codes do you have on? Make sure you don't have the File Patch code in your GCT. It doesn't work with Riivolution.

Clay Smith
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 11:01:30 PM »

I don't have the File Patch Code (or at least not anymore, originally I was trying to set up with the gecko OS but I couldn't get that to work so I switched over to Riivolution and took out the File Patch Code.

The codes i'm using are all from a code pack that was on a download link from one of the menu hacks in the brawl vault.  Basic stuff like splitting the pokemon and unlimited replay time.

If needed I can load up the .txt and paste all the codes here if it's possible one of those is messing things up.

Edit: Ok, so I did some more searching and i found I was missing files (don't I just feel like an idiot now), but now my codes won't work.  It loads up the game and all now but its not putting in the unrestricted camera on pause/replay or the greater than 3 minute replay time.  I havn't really tested any other codes yet cause its easiest to just throw on a match for 4 minutes and pause at the beginning to check camera bounds.

I'm not using any brawl+ or anything special like that, just loading up normal ol' brawl (with some modded textures that i've gotten to work) and have the .gct file in the x:/codes folder.  (I also tried x:/data/gecko/codes/  because I was reading through ToonJDub's guide to Riivolution and at some point he said that's where he has to keep his, but that didn't work either)
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:56:47 AM by Clay Smith » Logged

demonsxlr8
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 02:53:27 AM »

i have my wii in english, then i'll try to put it in spanish, and if i put it in spanish i need to rename or redownload/renam the files that are [something]En.pac    to   [something]Sp.pac right?

ME IS NOT PERFECT AT ENGLISH

lol, i'm portuguese but i'm not perfect at english. I may have some mistakes on my post, but, wtv Grin

MayaFey
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #35 on: September 04, 2010, 12:37:13 AM »

I put the .pcs file into private/wii/app/rsbe/Fighter/ness/00.pcs and my wii started making this whine when I got to the map selection screen. Then, I realized that my sd card went into the F drive, not the E drive. So I change it to private/wii/app/rsbf/Fighter/ness/00.pcs and run it again, getting that whining sound once again. I copied the code for gecko letter for letter and have the most recent versions of everything, does anyone know what could be wrong?

EDIT: It's NTSC (US) if that helps.
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 12:39:49 AM by MayaFey » Logged

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #36 on: September 04, 2010, 12:59:18 AM »

I put the .pcs file into private/wii/app/rsbe/Fighter/ness/00.pcs and my wii started making this whine when I got to the map selection screen. Then, I realized that my sd card went into the F drive, not the E drive. So I change it to private/wii/app/rsbf/Fighter/ness/00.pcs and run it again, getting that whining sound once again. I copied the code for gecko letter for letter and have the most recent versions of everything, does anyone know what could be wrong?

EDIT: It's NTSC (US) if that helps.

The file should be named FitNess00.pcs. It belongs in private > wii > app > RSBE > pf > Fighter > Ness > FitNess00.pcs.

MayaFey
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #37 on: September 04, 2010, 01:07:39 AM »

:O

you are fantastic

edit: wait up, it's still whining

maybe i need to fix the capitalization on the folders?

or maybe it's because i have another file that may not be named right either, but I'm not using that one.

huh
    « Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:20:19 AM by MayaFey » Logged

MayaFey
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #38 on: September 04, 2010, 02:19:26 AM »

Sorry about the double post.

I fixed both of those, and it still freezes and whines everytime at the map select. I just can't see what I've done wrong.

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #39 on: September 04, 2010, 02:37:08 AM »

I fixed both of those, and it still freezes and whines everytime at the map select. I just can't see what I've done wrong.

What file are you trying to use? Do you have any other hacks besides the character files?

MayaFey
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #40 on: September 04, 2010, 02:40:52 AM »

What file are you trying to use? Do you have any other hacks besides the character files?
    No, it's just that file. I had one for zero suit samus, but that had two files and two files is way too complicated.

It currently resides in F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\Fighter\Ness\FitNess00.pcf

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #41 on: September 04, 2010, 04:02:36 AM »

No, it's just that file. I had one for zero suit samus, but that had two files and two files is way too complicated.

It currently resides in F:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\Fighter\Ness\FitNess00.pcs

Specifically, what file is it? There might be something wrong with the file that's causing the freezing. Did you download it from BrawlVault? The location of the file is correct, and even if it wasn't, the game wouldn't freeze, it would just not load the file. Does the game freeze without hacks on? What hacks do you have? Just the File Patch code?

MayaFey
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 09:24:45 AM »

It's a ness recolor straight out of the vault. I can try a different one if you like.
    On a side note, the game starts fine without the code, and I only have the file patch code.

MayaFey
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 07:15:51 PM »

So, as far as I can tell, nothing is wrong?

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »

What size is your SD card?
    If it's over 2GB, you can only use it with Riivolution.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Pages:  1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 53
    Print
    Jump to: