Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 893091 times)
MayaFey
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »

It says 2gb, but windows says 1.86gb.

Do i need a different card?

tjmsrubegoldberg
Pursuit Cop
Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Featured Super Saiyan Topic Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: September 04, 2010, 08:08:03 PM »

Anything less than 2 GB should be fine. Try backing up everything on your SD Card to your computer and then formatting it by following the instructions in the first post of this thread.

MayaFey
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: September 04, 2010, 08:27:55 PM »

Anything less than 2 GB should be fine. Try backing up everything on your SD Card to your computer and then formatting it by following the instructions in the first post of this thread.
    Okay. I did that and went into training and it worked! So i go to brawl to take some photos and it freezes and whines again. :I  any idea now?

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: September 04, 2010, 08:39:19 PM »

Okay. I did that and went into training and it worked! So i go to brawl to take some photos and it freezes and whines again. :I  any idea now?

What kind (brand) of SD Card are you using? Do you have any other SD Card that you could try, just to see if it's your SD Card that's causing the problem?

MayaFey
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010, 08:44:12 PM »

What kind (brand) of SD Card are you using? Do you have any other SD Card that you could try, just to see if it's your SD Card that's causing the problem?
    It's a microcenter, and the only card I have below 2 gigs. :<

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: September 04, 2010, 08:51:13 PM »

It's a microcenter, and the only card I have below 2 gigs. :<

You might want to try using Riivolution instead of Gecko OS. You won't have to use the File Patch code, only Riivolution. The guide to setting it up is in the first post. Also, Riivolution will work with SDHC (Bigger than 2 GB) cards, although you won't be able to save replays, snapshots, or stages to your SD card from Brawl while you're using it. (You can just launch Brawl normally if you want to move replays, snapshots, and stages to your SD (not SDHC) card though.)

MayaFey
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: September 04, 2010, 08:56:16 PM »

I'll give that a shot later, thanks.

TheNevii
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: September 06, 2010, 11:26:55 AM »

Question: I'm moving from Gecko to Riivolution so that I may replace the SSBB intro with Star Wars Alpacas (
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gZ0x8AVaBI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gZ0x8AVaBI</a>
    ). I read that the some files need to be named differently, and I was just wondering, which files that I have would I have to rename for them to work? Is it just the ones in the menu folders, or do I have to add "_en" to all of my files? I replace stages, fighter .pac's, fighter .pcs's, and music. The usual.

Also: now that I have a program that can replace the cinematics, what folder do I put the files in and what do I rename them? I can't find anything on that. O_o

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: September 06, 2010, 11:55:49 AM »

Question: I'm moving from Gecko to Riivolution so that I may replace the SSBB intro with Star Wars Alpacas (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gZ0x8AVaBI). I read that the some files need to be named differently, and I was just wondering, which files that I have would I have to rename for them to work? Is it just the ones in the menu folders, or do I have to add "_en" to all of my files? I replace stages, fighter .pac's, fighter .pcs's, and music. The usual.

Also: now that I have a program that can replace the cinematics, what folder do I put the files in and what do I rename them? I can't find anything on that. O_o

The movies belong in pf > movie

As for the file names, go to http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170#203,1 and use the exact file names on there. (Most of the files with _en on them are in system, the menus, the infos, and a few stages.)
    « Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 11:58:00 AM by tjmsrubegoldberg » Logged

NinjaLukeI
    Intermediate Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: September 07, 2010, 10:53:36 AM »

I am trying to do the thing but its not working whenever I put my SD CARD in the wii on stage builder. It just goes normally. And I watched a tutorial and the guy said there is a file named mmconfig.txt which I have and you need to change the number for IOS to 222, 249 or 250 I did all of those and it is not working please help me I have a PAL disc,

AshtrayHeart
    Intermediate Kitten

Mis lagrimas quiebra el espejo

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: September 09, 2010, 03:37:54 PM »

I tried updating to a new SD card with more space. I am, in fact, running out of space on mine.

I got an 8 GB SD that is, in fact, compatible with Homebrew. The list said so, so I believed that everything Homebrew uses should be compatible as well.

Everything seems fine until it applies SD codes through Gecko. It SAYS it's applying the codes, but nothing is changed when Brawl actually starts.

All I'm asking is the name of an SD card I can simply order online. One that's larger than 2GB that works perfectly fine for Gecko OS. If one exists, that is.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently I can only use Riivolution for cards larger than 2 GB? If true, how exactly do I go about that for Brawl? Sorry in advance if I'm being a pain.
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 03:41:17 PM by AshtrayHeart » Logged

The idea of Community will be something displayed at a museum.

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #56 on: September 09, 2010, 05:03:03 PM »

I tried updating to a new SD card with more space. I am, in fact, running out of space on mine.

I got an 8 GB SD that is, in fact, compatible with Homebrew. The list said so, so I believed that everything Homebrew uses should be compatible as well.

Everything seems fine until it applies SD codes through Gecko. It SAYS it's applying the codes, but nothing is changed when Brawl actually starts.

All I'm asking is the name of an SD card I can simply order online. One that's larger than 2GB that works perfectly fine for Gecko OS. If one exists, that is.

EDIT: Okay, so apparently I can only use Riivolution for cards larger than 2 GB? If true, how exactly do I go about that for Brawl? Sorry in advance if I'm being a pain.

If you want to use an SDHC (more than 2 GB) Card, you'll have to use Riivolution instead of Gecko OS.The instructions for using Riivolution are in the first post. You'd use it just as you would use it for any other SD Card.
    « Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:03:55 PM by tjmsrubegoldberg » Logged

Yourface191
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: September 10, 2010, 09:23:52 PM »

the link under riivolution in number 3 doesnt work

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #58 on: September 10, 2010, 09:59:30 PM »

the link under riivolution in number 3 doesnt work

Right click, save as. SSBBFiles.xml is the file name.

Yourface191
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: September 10, 2010, 10:23:59 PM »

does it go in the root

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 53
    Print
    Jump to: