Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 893143 times)
blueghost18
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2010, 10:27:31 PM »

can any one help me

wcronusw
Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »

The reason that music has static or a new song randomly plays is because you have overwrote on an old brstm and they have fused together. Best thing to do is to make sure the song you are putting in the folder is not already in the folder (eg: A01.BRSTM is already in the folder so you can't put another A01.BRSTM in that same folder.) Delete the old one and put your new song in the folder. Just do not overwrite the songs or you'll technically be fusing them together (in brawl hack retrospective)

Puraidou
The one and only
Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #77 on: October 24, 2010, 04:18:48 PM »

The reason that music has static or a new song randomly plays is because you have overwrote on an old brstm and they have fused together. Best thing to do is to make sure the song you are putting in the folder is not already in the folder (eg: A01.BRSTM is already in the folder so you can't put another A01.BRSTM in that same folder.) Delete the old one and put your new song in the folder. Just do not overwrite the songs or you'll technically be fusing them together (in brawl hack retrospective)

This is not true cause of a few things.
    1. The files get overwritten not fused.
    2. I overwrite every single song i have every time and i have yet had this nor have i ever met someone who had this.
    3. Overwriting a file is just saying: i remove this bit and place this bit and that for every bit. So it's not fused in any way.

wcronusw
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #78 on: October 25, 2010, 09:08:27 PM »

This is not true cause of a few things.
    1. The files get overwritten not fused.
    2. I overwrite every single song i have every time and i have yet had this nor have i ever met someone who had this.
    3. Overwriting a file is just saying: i remove this bit and place this bit and that for every bit. So it's not fused in any way.
    Its happen to me several times. I stopped overwritting the brstms and the random music stop playing. I assumed this over experience not knowledge.

brawlerzane
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #79 on: October 29, 2010, 03:18:58 PM »

for some reason it didnt load for me....HELP

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #80 on: October 29, 2010, 08:56:06 PM »

Hey I have a psa guide on everything I know so if u want to add it to ur toturial
    Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?a0s0c288cf97f09
    « Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 09:33:43 PM by ShadowMarth » Logged

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

Not A Frog
    Mega Kitten

Ribbit.

• Awards Hot Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #81 on: November 06, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »

Hey can someone give me that download to the Tankitem.bress or .brees? The download in the oroginal files is boken.

Help contrubute to the Hacking Starter Guide here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=15199.0

Check out my topic: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=16844.msg292461#msg292461

WOOH! I GOTS A LAPTOP!!!

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Featured Super Saiyan Topic Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #82 on: November 09, 2010, 07:29:09 PM »

Added two new sections near the end detailing how to downgrade your Wii and what to do if a game or channel requires you to update your Wii. I also put some of the reference lists into spoilers to reduce the size of the post.

Anon23
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #83 on: November 11, 2010, 10:21:34 PM »

ok I'm probably retarded, but I still can't figure out some things.
    1. whats the difference between a texture and model?
    2. whats the difference between a .pac and .pcs?
    3.what is Fit(Character)MotionEtc.pac used for? and how is it different from Fit(Character).pac

In general I'm confused about how many file you can put in the pf/character folder in your SD card.

for example in
    Quanno's Ichigo V2
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#ByUserID=3024&Moderated=All

what do these files do?

inside is

fitIke0#.pac
    fitike0#.pcs
    fitike.pac

If I understand correctly, the one without a number is supposed to be the moveset.
    But which one is the thing that makes the sword trace red?
    « Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:39:05 PM by Anon23 » Logged

tjmsrubegoldberg
    Pursuit Cop
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Featured Super Saiyan Topic Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #84 on: November 11, 2010, 10:42:51 PM »

ok I'm probably retarded, but I still can't figure out some things.
    1. whats the difference between a texture and model?
    2. whats the difference between a .pac and .pcs?

what do these files do?
    fitIke0#.pac
    fitike0#.pcs
    fitike.pac

If I understand correctly, the one without a number is supposed to be the moveset.
    But which one is the thing that makes the sword trace red?

1. A texture is the most basic editable part of Brawl. Textures are generally every visible design, color, or picture found on a character, stage, menu, etc. (For example, on characters, there are generally separate textures for clothes, skin, hair, armor/accessories, eyes, face, etc.) Models are the actual 3D figures that the textures are located on. A character model is usually edited through vertex hacking. (For example, Cloud over Ike has edited hair, an enlarged sword, etc.) Models and textures are both located in the FitCharacter##.pac/.pcs files.

2. A .pcs file is simply a compressed .pac file. The .pac file is used to load the transforming characters and in the single player modes. .pcs files are used in normal matches. For all characters, it's important to have the .pcs file. The .pac file is only needed for transforming characters (listed in the OP) or if you want to have the texture/model visible in other modes besides the normal one.

3. You are correct. The FitIke.pac is the moveset (PSA) file. It also makes the sword trace red, since that is part of the PSA.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #85 on: November 15, 2010, 09:48:27 PM »

Is it possible to have PSAs of a character while not overwriting the original and still being able to choose their other textures? Because every PSA I tried it always comes with a FitCharacter.pac without any numbers so I have to replace the original one meaning I'll never be able to be the original character as long as the PSA is present.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 09:23:22 AM by (specter) » Logged

Anon23
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #86 on: November 18, 2010, 02:44:42 AM »

Hey, I'm a bit new to Minus so I'll be asking a lot of stuff here. If anyone can answer as many as they can I'd appreciate it.

1. I downloaded two stages from here: "STGFINAL(HYRULEFIELD).pac" and "Castle Cave (Color).pac". Now I don't know what to do with them. I just want to know what I have to do or where I have to place these files so that I can play on these two stages in Brawl. Picture of files below. Also, the st_plankton.rel that came with Castle Cave is in /module.

2. Is it possible to have PSAs of a character while not overwriting the original and still being able to choose their other textures? Because every PSA I tried it always comes with a FitCharacter.pac without any numbers so I have to replace the original one meaning I'll never be able to be the original character as long as the PSA is present.

2. Currently one charcter= one moveset. A couple of people are working on "Clone" engines, but untill they finish, which could be several months from now if ever, each character can only have one moveset. so Unfortunatly, it is impossible to have Naruto over Ike, with his moveset verse the original Ike.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #87 on: November 18, 2010, 09:25:23 AM »

Currently one charcter= one moveset. A couple of people are working on "Clone" engines, but untill they finish, which could be several months from now if ever, each character can only have one moveset. so Unfortunatly, it is impossible to have Naruto over Ike, with his moveset verse the original Ike.

Oh ok I see.

Next question:

With stages, what are .rel files for? I know how to use them and where to put them, but what do they really do? Why do some stages from this site come with them and some don't (and usually don't require them if they don't come with it)?

Akiba Red
    Lol Kitten

AOI CHAN

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #88 on: November 18, 2010, 09:30:47 AM »

.rel files are like extra files for a character/stage. If you were able to port a .rel to an alloy for example, in theory, they will be able to ledge grab, do specials guard, dodge, and etc.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #89 on: November 18, 2010, 09:35:27 AM »

.rel files are like extra files for a character/stage. If you were able to port a .rel to an alloy for example, in theory, they will be able to ledge grab, do specials guard, dodge, and etc.

I don't quite understand. I thought they were only used to allow you to replace a regular vBrawl stage with a hacked one?

Also, why can't alloys do any of those things? I don't even have the alloys yet.

Pages:  1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 53
    Print
    Jump to: