Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 53
Author Topic: The Complete N00B's Guide to Brawl Hacking  (Read 894958 times)
Cheetah
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #345 on: November 29, 2011, 05:49:05 PM »

What is the code manager you choose in the Riivolution setup?  I went through them all and none worked and I need help getting codes.  Sad  And what is the setup in Gecko to get the file patch code to work since I can't get any working on Riivo?

epicpokenerd!
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #346 on: December 06, 2011, 02:29:05 PM »

I'm new at this hacking thing, and I don't know where to put the file codes in my SD card. The only ones I can think of are codes, txtcodes, and the Gecko OS folder. I understand if your conused, but would anyone by any chance know what folder it goes in?

zigazav
Advanced Kitten

Likes to hack SSBB. Using mom's Wii for hacks now.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #347 on: December 06, 2011, 10:36:26 PM »

This is a great guide! It really helped me out! Even more so, because I AM a noob! ^^ Keep up with the great work!

I'm currently taking requests for BRSTMs, if I feel like it. Also, I'm having trouble with the Brawlvault Sig Generator, the picture won't show like it used to do, the sig I created won't show.
And, what's up  with Censoring my previous signature  KCMM? I wasn't using the word "S**t", that was Japanese language I was using in there, in a song. Nothing to do with that bad language word you think I was using. No offence.

Tribrawl
Advanced Kitten

A Sword, a Villain, and a Green Cap in every story

View Profile Awards
« Reply #348 on: December 07, 2011, 04:59:26 PM »

so...  i hace absolutely now idea where and how i reach the root of the sd card. nyway, im confused. is there a certain... ugh i dont even no. HELP! Sad

Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #349 on: December 07, 2011, 05:30:39 PM »

so...  i hace absolutely now idea where and how i reach the root of the sd card. nyway, im confused. is there a certain... ugh i dont even no. HELP! Sad

XD.

Root of the SD Card is... Uh... Say... You enter the SD... The first folder, the "root"... Get.... It? ._.

Tribrawl
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #350 on: December 08, 2011, 05:59:27 PM »

XD.

Root of the SD Card is... Uh... Say... You enter the SD... The first folder, the "root"... Get.... It? ._.

o ok. well, like i said. im  a noob

Tribrawl
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #351 on: December 08, 2011, 06:25:26 PM »

i dont know what im doing. can someone send me a short guide to download stuff cuz i brought it to the root and it didnt work... outpost island.

Tribrawl
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #352 on: December 10, 2011, 07:19:03 AM »

O god... i'm stupider than i thought...
    wats riivelotion? wat other files do i need for a hack? and  i think i might get lost in this complication, but, how do i make a hack!
    y do i have to be such an idiot...
    Tongue

zigazav
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #353 on: December 11, 2011, 06:17:16 AM »

NOOB question here: How do I get the items in common3_en to work? it's in the right directory:
    D:\private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system (I use Riivolution) Do I need a certain file in munu2? Just something that I wanted to know recently today.
    EDIT: SSBB freezes when I try to load my SD through Riivolution. I have my SSBB hacking files like this:
    D:/private/app/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter_en for that file, and D:/private/app/pf/menu2/sc_selcharacter2_en for that other one, and D:/private/app/pf/menu2/sc_selmap_en for my selmap file. And I have these in the system folder: common3_en, and common5_en
    What am I doing wrong?
    EDIT2: Items work, it's just the common5 and the cheatcode file's not working. (Meaning I can't get to the CSS or SSSscreens.) I'll try to get things working.
    EDIT3: FAIL! I'll try to get Didy Kong to help me with this, hopefully that guy can help.
    « Last Edit: December 14, 2011, 06:06:38 PM by zigazav » Logged

I'm currently taking requests for BRSTMs, if I feel like it. Also, I'm having trouble with the Brawlvault Sig Generator, the picture won't show like it used to do, the sig I created won't show.
    And, what's up  with Censoring my previous signature  KCMM? I wasn't using the word "S**t", that was Japanese language I was using in there, in a song. Nothing to do with that bad language word you think I was using. No offence.

skerman207
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #354 on: December 15, 2011, 08:04:45 AM »

I need serious help! I don't know how to get it so I can have more than just the regular stages on my stage selection screen. I want to be able to use the n64/melee expansion pack but I don't know how or where to put it on my wii!

zigazav
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #355 on: December 15, 2011, 04:24:55 PM »

I need serious help! I don't know how to get it so I can have more than just the regular stages on my stage selection screen. I want to be able to use the n64/melee expansion pack but I don't know how or where to put it on my wii!
    I'm having trouble with that too! Hopefully someone will come with a help area for stage hacking that clear enough for noobies.

You forgot the "Letter Bomb" method of getting the homebrew channel, which works for system menu ver. 4.3, if you want, I can tell you how it works if you want.

Ridley Edit: Merged two posts.
    « Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 12:45:01 AM by Santa Ridley » Logged

Hubert Oswell
    Hyper Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #356 on: December 19, 2011, 07:44:15 AM »

I can't go to the GFX swapping, vertex swapping, and dual colored eyes tutorial. Was it deleted?

Dyclone
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #357 on: December 24, 2011, 01:23:10 AM »

This is a really good guide. It helped me a lot

rutgo
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #358 on: December 25, 2011, 10:43:37 AM »

Hey, I know most experienced hackers hate explaining things, and I've self taught myself a ton of hacking in the past few days but now I'm at a real .

Just got some new games and of course the friggin' Wii wants an update. I tried to use that preloader app but it always says "failed to locate root" when I try to install. This may have been answered before but I don't want to go through 24 forum pages looking for it.

I could really use some help here, I've done a lot of hacks to this wii so I'm too scared to put in the update in case it bricks and I just can't for the life of me figure out how to get past it. I'm using wii software 4.3

*EDIT: I should also mention that I have also tried priiloader, and while that did seem to install, nothing changed. I was under the impression that priiloader would activate as soon as I turned on my wii in place of a system menu, was I totally wrong about that?
    « Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 11:05:44 AM by rutgo » Logged

GTALionKing
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #359 on: December 25, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »

Hey, I know most experienced hackers hate explaining things, and I've self taught myself a ton of hacking in the past few days but now I'm at a real . Just got some new games and of course the friggin' Wii wants an update. I tried to use that preloader app but it always says "failed to locate root" when I try to install. This may have been answered before but I don't want to go through 24 forum pages looking for it. I could really use some help here, I've done a lot of hacks to this wii so I'm too scared to put in the update in case it bricks and I just can't for the life of me figure out how to get past it. I'm using wii software 4.3 *EDIT: I should also mention that I have also tried priiloader, and while that did seem to install, nothing changed. I was under the impression that priiloader would activate as soon as I turned on my wii in place of a system menu, was I totally wrong about that?

i delete homebrew off of my wii but  then i can't play it until they come out with the next vr. of homebrew so thats i i can really tell you to do.

Pages:  1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 53
    Print
    Jump to: