Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So, about stage sounds... (Not a hacker, just want to know if this is possible)  (Read 1140 times)
Iced_Shadows
Hyper Kitten

How dare you read this text! IT'S PERSONAL!!!

View Profile Awards
« on: August 20, 2010, 12:47:26 AM »

Hello. I have been messing with the Stage Switcher program to put my downloaded stages over any stage I want. It has prove to be useful so far, but I noticed one flaw. For example, if I put Halberd onto Bridge of Eldin, the Halberd stage would be there just like normal, BUT there is no sound from the stage. Characters, items, and music still make sound of course, but the Halberd blasting off and the cannons on the Halberd do not make any sound at all.

All I want to know is, is it possible to make the Halberd have sound if it is on a completely different stage? What I wanted to do was put Daytime Halberd, Nighttime Halberd, and Sunset Halberd on three of my Smashvilles... but the lack of sound kind of kills the stage for me. =/

DarkPikachu
Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:10:08 PM »

yea...

I havn't used stage switcher...
    but rel files are scripts pretty much...
    they have a little bit extra that I don't undertand just yet...

but use the original rel file and see if setting the string:
    stClassInfoImpl<14, stHalberd> to stClassInfoImpl<33, stVillage>
    allow's it to work like it should...

IDK...
    maybe it's just a string...
    IDK too much about rel files...
    besides the fact that they're used in the exact same fasion as py files in blender

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:36:06 PM »

It would be a lot easier if you used the alternate stage loader code, that way you could just have all 3 versions of Halberd with different button activators. I don't think you'd be able to get the whole loading certain versions at certain times of day thing to work anyway.

Iced_Shadows
    Hyper Kitten

How dare you read this text! IT'S PERSONAL!!!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 10:05:00 PM »

I'll have to figure that code out here soon then. Again, I'm still kind of new to these Brawl hacks. I don't see why it wouldn't load them depending on the time of day though. I mean, Smashville is technically five different stages right? It just loads them based on what time it is. I know that putting alternate stages on Spear Pillar and Shadow Moses Isle works just fine, even with the Stage Switcher.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: