Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can Anyone Help me get Fourside Working?  (Read 3375 times)
Brosephski
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: September 03, 2010, 07:11:16 PM »

I recently downloaded the quite popular Fourside texture hack for New Pork City ( http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=5653 ), but I've run into a few problems.

For starters, I also have Brawl- installed, and for those of you who don't know, this automatically changes my New Pork City into the Wifi Training Room. I didn't think this would be an issue as the creator claims the stage works for the Wifi Training Room, and it does, but what he failed to mention was that it shares the same(?) teleporting issues that Onett apparently has. When you're on the saucer, and it disappears, you teleport to the middle of the saucer before falling. It's not a huge issue, but if it can be fixed, I'd love to do so.

Apparently these issues can be fixed when properly using a Final Destination based .rel file, but being fairly new at modding, I have no idea how I'm supposed to acquire this. Don't get me wrong, I know where .rel files go and have used them before, but only when they were packaged with the stages themselves. I don't really know where I'm supposed to get one to make this stage work properly on the Wifi Training Room.

So can any of you experts help me out? Where do I get the file, and what should I name it when I put it in my module folder? I'm at a here, but I really want to make my Fourside work, so any help would be really appreciated!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 07:15:12 PM by Brosephski » Logged

Segtendo
Local Marie Fanboy
Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »

inb4 wrong section, but look at the description.
    Quote from: Fourside BV description
    About the file, works in final destination, wifi room, battlefield, onett (with a teleporting problem) and Newpork (environment gets dark sometimes and there's an invisible item, but it's fully playable), without needing a rel file.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Brosephski
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 07:34:41 PM »

I did read the description  Oh shi~

It works in WiFi room, but for some reason it has the teleporting problem* from Onett. Near the bottom of the description it explains that the problems can be eliminated (or at least minimized) if you use an FD based .rel, but I am unsure of what that is exactly or how to precisely use it.

And apparently this is in the wrong forum. Which forum should I move this too?

*I am unsure of what the specific teleporting problem with Onett is, but, at the very least, a teleporting problem does exist in the WiFi version.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 07:49:09 PM »

You could always use an .rel to port the stage and it wouldn't have a problem. I have 2 Mediafire folders that are for edited modules.
    Final Destination
    WWR
    Read the descriptions before use.
    Also, this goes in the help section.

Brosephski
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 07:54:19 PM »

You could always use an .rel to port the stage and it wouldn't have a problem. I have 2 Mediafire folders that are for edited modules.
    Final Destination
    WWR
    Read the descriptions before use.
    Also, this goes in the help section.

Incredibly helpful! Thank you very much, and I'll be sure to use the correct forum next time.

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 08:01:16 PM »

No problem. Glad I could help.

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 02:16:00 PM »

Sorry, I wasn't here to help ^^U

Anyway, what you're mentioning is that Fourside, when using brawl-, and renamed to STGONLINETRAINING.pac, adquires the bug that is only for Onett?

It shouldn't happen, because online training should be using the original otrain.rel file, which is different to onett's, and that's bug free O.o

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 04:59:12 PM »

The problem he's talking about always happens, even if you use a rel (like I do) I think he's just assuming it's the same problem as on Onett.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: