Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 57
Author Topic: SUGOI! Another Clone engine topic :af:  (Read 278238 times)
standardtoaster
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #480 on: March 20, 2011, 12:26:43 AM »

About the "Patching Character Modules" page, might I ask what "li R#" phrases mean? If it seems the same with patching stages, might I ask where is the best guide to learn to do so?
li rA,value is a PPC ASM command.

li = Load Immediate
It puts value into rA

If you understand ASM, it's a lot easier to understand the commands.

Goronguy
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #481 on: March 20, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »

About the "Patching Character Modules" page, might I ask what "li R#" phrases mean? If it seems the same with patching stages, might I ask where is the best guide to learn to do so?
li rA,value is a PPC ASM command.

li = Load Immediate
It puts value into rA

If you understand ASM, it's a lot easier to understand the commands.

Thanks! I've learned something today. Now I'm off to learn some more about ASM.

dpgthirteen
Holy Kitten

Good bye everyone.

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #482 on: March 21, 2011, 03:12:22 PM »

http://anonym.to/?http://opensa.dantarion.com/wiki/Instance_Slots
    Just wait a bit and sooner or later a code will be made so that the game will try to load these costumes if they are referenced, then it may just be a matter of adding CSS slots....
    It's a good thing that PAT0 editing is functional since it can also work for the CSS if what Dant stated a while ago is anything o go by.  Smiley

yeah. It'd be amazing if we could load extra character slots through CSS the same way that extra stages have been added to SSS. Hopefully there aren't any weird file size limits though that would interfere.

The CSS is in ccommon5, so there WILL be a very anal file size limit. Sad

A method of solving this would be making the CSPs with less resolution, though... But that'd be a temporal fix.

You could do that on top of P:M's common5 (they removed things that didnt need to be there to make it much smaller. On top of that, CSP type can make a HUGE difference on the filesize, trust me)

But with riivolution can't you surpass the file limit?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: All signature pics must fit a 695x200 frame.]

Sig by: nomnomblood

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #483 on: March 21, 2011, 03:23:29 PM »

what about the people who well, can't use Riivolution, i stopped using it simply becuase. for one! i couldn't modify Zelda. 2, couldn't do a few other things. so yeah.

OmegaMalkior
    Lol Kitten

Back to normal.

• Awards Heart Container Starstormer Dedicated Hacker Staff Helper

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #484 on: March 22, 2011, 08:41:15 AM »

Can some one edit me a generic ft_ike.rel to be compatible with Yoshi?

SSBB FC:0775-8556-4547
    SSBB Name: Omega
    SSBB hack matches: If you want to Brawl with me with PSAs/textures please use these. If you want to add anything just PM me. Fixed the desync problem!
    SSBB rank: I don't even know
    Additional Smileys that KC-MM doesn't have or are hidden:

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #485 on: April 02, 2011, 11:26:07 AM »

Try giving Yoshi Ike's IC Constants. that should stop the freezing.

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #486 on: April 02, 2011, 11:42:30 AM »

Hmmm.. well .REL patching is a relatively new thing. so i don't know what to say then.

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Hot Topic Famous Hacker Favorite'd Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #487 on: April 02, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »

I patched a Marth module earlier to place over Wolf, since no one I know uses him. Well, when I went to test it out, it worked...ish. The entire time, the ship that Wolf enters in with was in sight and over top of Marth (not a problem, as I could easily scale the ship to 0 times the size). The real problem, though, is when the match ended, the game froze. Anyone have any clue as to why? I gave Wolf's slot Marth's IC constants and sound bank. I have not tested this out in any other character slot, as there's really no one else I want to replace, so it may just be that Wolf is irreplaceable. Has anyone had any luck replacing him?

I THINK this would fit in here, in this thread, what with all the patching modules and stuff going on, and since this topic is about general cloning. If I'm wrong, tell me, and I'll take my questions elsewhere.
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:03:43 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    KC:MM Family JesterㅤThe Last One Here
    Administrator

• Awards KCMM Storyteller Decade Staff RAGE!! Warm Welcomer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #488 on: April 02, 2011, 01:03:05 PM »

I patched a Marth module earlier to place over Wolf, since no one I know uses him. Well, when I went to test it out, it worked...ish. The entire time, the ship that Wolf enters in with was in sight and over top of Marth (not a problem, as I could easily scale the ship to 0 times the size). The real problem, though, is when the match ended, the game froze. Anyone have any clue as to why? I gave Wolf's slot Marth's IC constants and sound bank. I have not tested this out in any other character slot, as there's really no one else I want to replace, so it may just be that Wolf is irreplaceable.
    I THINK this would fit in here, in this thread, what with all the patching modules and stuff going on, and since this topic is about general cloning. If I'm wrong, tell me, and I'll take my questions elsewhere.

Aren't you using the files? You need to rename the files (I.E. FitMotion, Fit) and place them into the folder, I believe.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #489 on: April 02, 2011, 01:05:43 PM »

Aren't you using the files? You need to rename the files (I.E. FitMotion, Fit) and place them into the folder, I believe.

And the Entry/Result/Spy/Dark etc .Pacs of Marth.

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #490 on: April 02, 2011, 01:09:06 PM »

Yes, I did that. I did get in game, and played a match, it's just that once the match ended (The opponent or I died for the last time), it froze.

You've manged to get Roy Marth working on Wolf? Did you have Wolf's FitWolfFinalSpy.pac in the same folder? Not sure if that file would fix the glitches, but this is one of those files Marth doesn't have yet it needs to be in the same folder.
    Yeah, that's what I'm fearing...

I renamed ANYTHING and EVERYTHING from Marth's folder on the disc to my SD card's Wolf folder, and renamed everything. The FitWolfFinalSpy.pac is the only thing really left.
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:11:05 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #491 on: April 02, 2011, 01:12:27 PM »

You should ask ds22 as he seems to have got an extra Marth slot using Mario Debug

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #492 on: April 02, 2011, 01:25:02 PM »

You should ask ds22 as he seems to have got an extra Marth slot using Mario Debug
    Maybe I have the wrong impression of the Project M guys, but I think I'd get more information if I asked a rock in a desert. They're not gonna open their mouths about that sort of thing. They're saving that for the final release of Project M.

Hell, just to get their camera code (which I was dying for), I had to decompile the Project M .GCT file and then read through the whole block of undocumented code just to understand it, and grab out the code I wanted. I still have about 100 lines of code (out of 2000) that I don't understand what it does.

Anywho, if ds22 wants to prove me wrong, and inform me/us on how to properly get a Marth Clone replacement over top of Wolf working, I would be more than happy to take my words back and write an official apology to the Project M team for thinking they're snoody.

Ricky (Br3)
    Administrator

« Reply #493 on: April 02, 2011, 01:28:26 PM »

Maybe I have the wrong impression of the Project M guys, but I think I'd get more information if I asked a rock in a desert. They're not gonna open their mouths about that sort of thing. They're saving that for the final release of Project M.

Hell, just to get their camera code (which I was dying for), I had to decompile the Project M .GCT file and then read through the whole block of undocumented code just to understand it, and grab out the code I wanted. I still have about 100 lines of code (out of 2000) that I don't understand what it does.

Anywho, if ds22 wants to prove me wrong, and inform me/us on how to properly get a Marth Clone replacement over top of Wolf working, I would be more than happy to take my words back and write an official apology to the Project M team for thinking they're snoody.

Which camera code? I don't even remember being able to move the camera decently when I played the P:M demo at release. For me it was just like the unhacked Brawl's.

ㅤlㅤ

ㅤlㅤ

Oshtoby
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #494 on: April 02, 2011, 01:28:53 PM »

Try again, this time with the FitWolfFinalSpy.pac. If it still freezes at the end of the match, I honestly don't know what else it could be. Maybe a code or something (like how I had an freeze with Ike on Diddy) is missing?

Well, I'm in work right now, but I don't see why that would solve anything.The reason I say that, is if it can't find a file on my SD card, would it not, then try to find it on the disc, where it would be? It's most likely a code...

Which camera code? I don't even remember being able to move the camera decently when I played the P:M demo at release. For me it was just like the unhacked Brawl's.

It's a BIT different, believe it or not. Much wider. Makes smaller stages bearable.
    « Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 01:30:51 PM by Oshtoby » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 57
    Print
    Jump to: