Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Viewtiful Joe PSA - IN PROGRESS: Step 1) Animations  (Read 2158 times)
SiLeNtDo0m
Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: October 01, 2010, 02:55:11 PM »

PROJECT VIEWTIFUL JOE

Everyone's favourite hyperactive knucklehead ninja badass hero in red is now gonna be in Super Smash Bros Brawl!  With an awesomely diverse (and hopefully balanced) moveset, loads of custom animations and VFX powers you will be able to HENSHIN-A-GO-GO BABY

Here's the moveset plan (so far):

AAA: A quick punch, quick kick then a final kick.  10%

F Tilt: A quick backfist.  Low damage but decent(ish) knockback.  9%

U Tilt: A mid speed uppercut.  Decent damage, good knockback and low ending lag to follow up into an aerial.  11%

D Tilt: A quick low sweep kick with one leg.  Good combo potential.  7%

Dash Attack: A sliding ground kick (Joe's move Slidin).  8%

F Smash: A slow but powerful fiery punch (Joe's move Red Hot Dragon Punch).  22% fully charged

U Smash:  A quick headspin that deals multiple hits and finishes with an upward kick.  18% fully charged

D Smash: A low double sweep breakdance kick.  Medium power and knockback.  19% fully charged

N Air: An aerial spinning kick with both feet spread wide.  10%

F Air: A simple forward kick in the air.  Low damage but decent knockback.  8%

B Air: A quick back kick.  Again, low damage but decent knockback.  8%

U Air: A fast aerial flipkick.  Low knockback but good combo potential.  8%

D Air: Joe spirals down at high speeds like a drill.  Can also work as a suicide move due to meteor smash properties.  12%

Grab Attack: A rapid knee attack.  Same as Captain Falcon. 2%

F Throw: Joe turns forward and throws the opponent to the ground, ending in a pose.  10%

B Throw:  Same as the F Throw but in the reverse direction.  10%

U Throw: A handstand upwards kick to the opponents.  9%

D Throw: Joe chucks the foe to the ground then jumps on them.  11%

Neutral B - Red Hot Kick: Joe does a fast kick across the stage (or diagonally downwards if in the air).  If the move hits press the A or B buttons again to land another kick.  Up to 3 more kicks can follow afterwards, the last one having high knockback.  15% total

Side B - Shocking Pink Burst: Joe fires off an explosion in front of him from his hands.  Good knockback but fairly slow.  In the air the move is released downwards and pushes him up slightly.  12%

Up B - Rising Vortex:  Joe rises up in a spinning spiral of fire.  Does multiple hits and works as a good recovery move.  16%

Down B - VFX Power: This is Joe's signature move.  Under normal circumstances this move does nothing except a cool pose, but when Joe does the following he can use his VFX Powers (Mach Speed and Slow):

- When Joe has dealt a lot of damage he can enter "Slow" mode with the Down B.  This uses Time Manipulation to make the opponent move slowly for 20 seconds.  The knockback of some of Joe's moves is also increased.  This is so that Joe can finish off opponents.

- If Joe, on the other hand, has been taking a lot of damage use the Down B to activate "Mach Speed" mode with the Down B.  This allows him to speed up time around him and move super fast.  Furthermore, most of his attacks are faster and he gains a new infinite A combo (Red Hot One Hundred).  This is so that he can rack up damage fairly quickly to get back in the fight.

Final Smash - Six Machine: Joe jumps atop the Six Machine and rams into the foe at high speed.  Pretty much the same as Falcon's Blue Falcon, just with the Falcon Flyer vertexed into the Six Machine.  40%

Ok so that's the moveset ^^  Here's what I've done so far:

Animations

-The idle animations
    -AAA all three attacks
    -A couple of the walking/running animations
    -His falling animation
    -His F Smash animtations
    - The walking animations
    - The three tilts
    - The Dash attack

Animations that I still need to do

- The Up and Down Smashes
    - The Aerials
    - The Special Moves
    - The Taunts and Win animations (I will leave these to the very end, AFTER I have released the beta)

I have done more, but they are kinda minor things.  Some moves I can just rearrange and edit from Falcon's moveset (like the Red Hot Kick) but most I will have to do myself.  This will be a long project, but I think that it will be worth it in the end.

Credits go to BeyondYou and Ike Lawlilet for the fantastic model!
    « Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 06:03:37 AM by SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n » Logged

VanillaPuff
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 03:04:03 PM »

Are you going to make these all from scratch? Or are you gonna rip them from other characters?

This looks pretty cool right now. Good luck! 

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 03:18:48 PM »

Are you going to make these all from scratch? Or are you gonna rip them from other characters?

This looks pretty cool right now. Good luck! 

From scratch.  The thing about this model is that if I do the usual method of ripping the animations from other characters and then inserting the bones; he turns back into Captain Falcon's size rather than Viewtiful Joe's size.  But I'm having quite some fun making the animations though Smiley

Eternalshadow
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 04:00:13 PM »

ooo  i am lookin forward to this joe  XD

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: