Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: DEADPOOL! (cheers to Nano for the vid)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5I4s74Q2WI</a>
Delicious like a chimichanga - 7 (14.9%)
SDo0m and Mephisto classy mofos ಠ_ರೃ - 9 (19.1%)
OMG A MOD WUT SORCERY IS THIS?!?! - 3 (6.4%)
- 13 (27.7%)
Seriously Classy Option™ ಠ_ರೃ - 7 (14.9%)
wherez vegeeeta? - 8 (17%)
Total Voters: 47

Pages:  1 ... 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 ... 515
Author Topic: SDo0m's Dark Void: Deadpool Release (pg 512)! Major thanks to Mephisto!  (Read 1771028 times)
Kagemaru
Angel Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6015 on: January 08, 2012, 02:44:26 AM »

You asked for more detailed feedback... here goes.

Without having a real good sense of how it feels due to not having a Beta to work with, as far as aesthetics go,

The Run/Walk stuff is all good. Any tweaks to that would be your artistic sense kicking in extra. Because it looks god as is. But feel free to tweak how you want.

Same with the jumps. Its not like Vegeta had a specific way he jumped, but those don't seem unlike something he'd do. Not overly acrobatic, but still enough to show that he's a skilled fighter.

I can't say I like the flow of his AAA combo. Personally, if thats the move you're going to use, it's look better not being continuous. It just doesn't look very good when it goes on...

His F-Smash is good. I like the knee and I like the way it looks.

The Dash Attack is very much televised. I don't know if you did that on purpose, but when I look at it in that video, there is a frame that looks out of place which to me... broadcasts the attack in what I believe is enough time to dodge it. As a dash attack, its not exactly supposed to televise itself... but its your psa, i'm just commenting.

The up-smash desperately needs more range in the front. I know you said you were gonna keep it from having a lot of range front wise, but thats to little... you'd be hard pressed to use the up smash unless they were standing directly on top of you... which isn't easy to do all the time.

the headbut does not look good at all I'm sorry. Its not that its a bad animation, its just strange looking in the video. It actually took me a second to see what he was doing. If you're going to keep that headbut, I'm going to try and explain how I think it would look better.

The way it looks currently is that he gets flat in the air and extends his body more so from his midsection. It may look better if he extends himself more so from the feet. (as in he moves forward in the air a bit) That way it looks like he's jutting his head forward instead of stretching his body.

Or, he could just not get entirely flat in the air... its just a strange looking pose.

I'm going to love using those air moves tbh. Even his N-Air is nice looking.

Thats about all I got from the video... can't wait for the moveset to be out to the public. I'm more of a Goku fan myself and would like to see what you do with good ol' Kamehameha boy... But this Vegeta is looking to be on par with the quality of your usual works... which are great.

The thing that pisses me off about Project: M the most is that Sheik's chain doesn't tether ledges anymore. WHY THE NERF? :/

If only hacking Brawl paid bills.

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6016 on: January 08, 2012, 03:28:38 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback guys.  As regards to the U Smash, you've all missed one quality about it and that's the fact that it has a really good hyphen smash and DACUS.  Did you not noticed how in the video I took a good run up before I did an Up Smash?  I've deliberately made Vegeta have fairly low traction and a decent run speed for this purpose.  His U Smash is designed to be fast and powerful like Fox's U Smash.  However I will definitely change the animation to something else.  Despite trying to replicate the move from Tenkaichi 3, it just came out looking totally awkward and wrong.  I'll probably try a different attack entirely.

Well since that was the general response, time for individual replies XD

About vegeta
    These are just in my opinions. You don't have to change things if you don't see need be.

~ Stance is epic but it looks alittle wide.
    ~ I agree with the comments on the jumps, they are too monkey like. (Even though he is one.)
    ~ Dash attack is a little delayed. You should maybe make its speed even.
    ~ The forward air head butt needs to go. Thats more of something of Goku's nature, not Vegeta.

I don't know if it helps but its all I could think of from watching the first preview video. Yet i still look forward to its completion.

1) Stance is mainly canon to this:

But obviously I tweaked it to make it more interesting.

2) I'm still not seeing the problem with them personally.  Vegeta doesn't really jump so there's nothing to base it upon so I don't really see what needs changing...

3) This applies to Kagemaru too, but I deliberately designed the dash attack to be fairly strong and slow much like Ike's Dash Attack.  There's a deliberate build up and antic to give the attack more oomph.

4) Bro, you're totally wrong here (this is also aimed at xZedkiel).  Whilst the animation didn't come out great, that headbutt is COMPLETELY canon.  Play the Tenkaichi games.  Vegeta does headbutts in EVERY form and in EVERY Tenkaichi game.  Goku infact, rarely uses headbutts at all.  Though the main reason why it looks odd here is because he's not rushing forward before he does it.  There's almost the temptation to swap the dash attack and the F Air around.

The Neutral A kicking just looks very stiff to me, as if he's randomly swinging his legs and his upper body stays in the same position except moving around.
    The Up Tilt should have his upper body do something, and the leg should straighten out at the end of the kick to show force being applied.
    The forward air, that also doesn't really fit Vegeta, it just looks odd and out of place for him to use that headbutt unless it was part of a rush combo.
    That's the only negative I have from that video.

1) Agreed with the AAA combo (applies also to dpgthirteen).  I'm gonna change the Attack100 to something more like this:

2nd row, 6th and 7th sprites along

2) His upper body is moving, and his leg does straighten (it's almost perpendicular to the natural line of his spine...)  I think it needs to be more upright though overall.

May i say, very nice work you have done so far SDo0m, this is coming along nicely. I agree with others here that the USmash should either have more range, or i dunno, something different. Also for some reason, the charging animation for FSmash looks wobbly to me, like hes moving around too much. Also you should make his DTilt trip opponents, given the animation it has, it only makes sense, or make it act like Sonic's, popping the opponent into the air for combos and whatnot.

1) D Tilt does hit opponents into the air though.  It's meant to be more like Falco's D Tilt with more reach.  Strong launching technique.  Oh, and it does also have a 40% chance of tripping anyway Tongue

2) Not changing the F Smash charge for the simple reason that they aren't fun to do.  Charging animations are boring and tedious to make.

You asked for more detailed feedback... here goes.

Without having a real good sense of how it feels due to not having a Beta to work with, as far as aesthetics go,

The Run/Walk stuff is all good. Any tweaks to that would be your artistic sense kicking in extra. Because it looks god as is. But feel free to tweak how you want.

Same with the jumps. Its not like Vegeta had a specific way he jumped, but those don&#039;t seem unlike something he&#039;d do. Not overly acrobatic, but still enough to show that he&#039;s a skilled fighter.

I can&#039;t say I like the flow of his AAA combo. Personally, if thats the move you&#039;re going to use, it&#039;s look better not being continuous. It just doesn&#039;t look very good when it goes on...

His F-Smash is good. I like the knee and I like the way it looks.

The Dash Attack is very much televised. I don&#039;t know if you did that on purpose, but when I look at it in that video, there is a frame that looks out of place which to me... broadcasts the attack in what I believe is enough time to dodge it. As a dash attack, its not exactly supposed to televise itself... but its your psa, i&#039;m just commenting.

The up-smash desperately needs more range in the front. I know you said you were gonna keep it from having a lot of range front wise, but thats to little... you&#039;d be hard pressed to use the up smash unless they were standing directly on top of you... which isn&#039;t easy to do all the time.

the headbut does not look good at all I&#039;m sorry. Its not that its a bad animation, its just strange looking in the video. It actually took me a second to see what he was doing. If you&#039;re going to keep that headbut, I&#039;m going to try and explain how I think it would look better.

The way it looks currently is that he gets flat in the air and extends his body more so from his midsection. It may look better if he extends himself more so from the feet. (as in he moves forward in the air a bit) That way it looks like he&#039;s jutting his head forward instead of stretching his body.

Or, he could just not get entirely flat in the air... its just a strange looking pose.

I'm going to love using those air moves tbh. Even his N-Air is nice looking.

Thats about all I got from the video... can't wait for the moveset to be out to the public. I&#039;m more of a Goku fan myself and would like to see what you do with good ol'; Kamehameha boy... But this Vegeta is looking to be on par with the quality of your usual works... which are great.

Actually, looking back I've replied to a lot of this already, so all I can say is thanks really XD  However, the comments on the F Air are particularly useful.  I'm really thinking it would help a lot more if I swapped the Dash Attack and the F Air around.  What do the rest of you think? 
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 04:03:31 AM by SiLeNtDo0m » Logged

Thundaga_T2
    Extreme Kitten

Hey You!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6017 on: January 08, 2012, 03:49:04 AM »

Thanks for all the feedback guys.  As regards to the U Smash, you've all missed one quality about it and that's the fact that it has a really good hyphen smash and DACUS.  Did you not noticed how in the video I took a good run up before I did an Up Smash?  I've deliberately made Vegeta have fairly low traction and a decent run speed for this purpose.  His U Smash is designed to be fast and powerful like Fox's U Smash.  However I will definitely change the animation to something else.  Despite trying to replicate the move from Tenkaichi 3, it just came out looking totally awkward and wrong.  I'll probably try a different attack entirely.
    Thinking of combo options, i like that.

Thundaga_T2 & AwesomeCasey795
    Check out our music request thread here

xZedkiel
    Heroic Kitten

Quitting for a while... Wish I could quit life..

• Awards Famous Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6018 on: January 08, 2012, 04:14:58 AM »

So I'm not wrong then SDo0m XD you yourself said he uses them while rushing which is what I said it would work for lol. And yeah the up tilt should be more upright, and that would work better for the attack100 because the current one just looks so odd. x.x

DrKoala
    ­Tactical Disaster
    Special Access

­

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6019 on: January 08, 2012, 05:53:45 AM »

I feel personally offended.
    I think I should report this poll.

In all seriousness though, it does look quite nice so far - but regardless of how good the final version may be, I will not get it. While I do like Vegetable to some extent, I don't like him enough to get rid of Wolf, one of my mains.
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 06:04:16 AM by Calamitas » Logged

Royal_Blade
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Heart Container B

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6020 on: January 08, 2012, 07:03:30 AM »

I feel personally offended.
    I think I should report this poll.

In all seriousness though, it does look quite nice so far - but regardless of how good the final version may be, I will not get it. While I do like Vegetable to some extent, I don't like him enough to get rid of Wolf, one of my mains.
    He'd probably be easy to port over either Fox or Falco. So you don't necessarily have to remove Wolf.

Quote from: br3compactor
    By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.
    *Fixed URL*
    My PSA Thread

slayermarth101
    Child of Prophecy
    Heroic Kitten

Marth is my main main. >:D

• Awards Rising Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6021 on: January 08, 2012, 08:16:35 AM »

He'd probably be easy to port over either Fox or Falco. So you don't necessarily have to remove Wolf.
    Articles

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6022 on: January 08, 2012, 08:18:27 AM »

Articles
    he said falco or fow because they share the smae articles with some changes like all of them  have a n-B projectyle,downB shield,similar up B coding and side B too thats why porting should be easy

DrKoala
    ­Tactical Disaster
    Special Access

­

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Featured

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6023 on: January 08, 2012, 08:33:24 AM »

Yeah, because character ports in general work so well in PAL.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6024 on: January 08, 2012, 09:11:20 AM »

Yeah, because character ports in general work so well in PAL.
    if its a true port theres no reason why it shouldnt since im pal too Tongue
    nuff with the port talk lets just wait to see what sdoom does with the specials xD

slayermarth101
    Child of Prophecy
    Heroic Kitten

Marth is my main main. >:D

• Awards Rising Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6025 on: January 08, 2012, 09:53:15 AM »

he said falco or fow because they share the smae articles with some changes like all of them  have a n-B projectyle,downB shield,similar up B coding and side B too thats why porting should be easy
    I ported Fox over wolf... The blaster did NOT work. It shoot but nothing came out.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6026 on: January 08, 2012, 10:01:26 AM »

dude, ur making some awesome progress, if i can help with anything model-wise tell me ^^

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6027 on: January 08, 2012, 12:01:56 PM »

I ported Fox over wolf... The blaster did NOT work. It shoot but nothing came out.
    talking about a true port no a rel port  like first model port then remake the psa obode the character with Fox/falco pac file this would work perfectly like i did mewtwo over luigi xD but i wont be making a true port since i dont care for wolf since i use the one slot wolf over Fox and thats good enough for me Tongue

DoctorFlux(Mariodk)
    Never Gonna Give You Up

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Heart Container KCMM 2012 Awards Winner >9000

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6028 on: January 08, 2012, 12:07:32 PM »

if we do real port on the model SSJ mode will maybe not work since model changer in PSA on ported models dont works sometimes

I Dont Take Requests & Dont Do Brawl Mods anymore Maybe Sm4sh modz later

songeflemy
    Master Puppeteer
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Good Citizen KCMM Veteran Heart Container Shadow the Pinhog

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6029 on: January 08, 2012, 01:51:48 PM »

No, keep the dash attack and the Fair the same. Just do more animation work with the headbutt and it will be alright.

Pages:  1 ... 399 400 401 [402] 403 404 405 ... 515
    Print
    Jump to: