Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 11
Author Topic: Official Sephiroth PSA/Move Set Thread  (Read 54420 times)
Aafyre
Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « on: October 12, 2010, 07:48:56 PM »

Alright, I was told to start up a new thread for the Sephiroth PSA since the s o u l z e r o can't work on it anymore. So far, the only members are myself, ShadowMarth, and Pein0Akatsuki. Since our team is still so small, we could use all the help we can get. If you want to join the team, just tell me what you want to work on and I'll talk to Sumire about adding you.

So far, BigBadBooya already helped us out with the Final Smash. I do think it needs to be weaker and have less range but the visuals are awesome. The only thing left for his Final Smash that would make him perfect is letting him fly around for a little bit with his wing either after he uses the smash or while he's holding the smash ball.

Team Members:

PSA: ShadowMarth
    Animations: Pein0Akatsuki
    Idea and Moveset Manager: Aafyre (I'd love to help out with anything else if I'm needed)

Move Set Ideas:

Final Fantasy VII - Sephiroth (over Marth)

Special Traits / Other:
    Marth's countering pose could make for a pretty good basic standing pose for Sephiroth. Is it possible to have him walk while holding his sword like this too?

This could be a good run for him:

Some of Sephiroth's smash attacks could be cool with Ganondorf's shadow effects.

Sephiroth has ridiculous range with most of his attacks, including his grabs. That is the entire point of him. To keep him from being broken, maybe he'll have a tip property like Marth, where the whole middle section of his sword deals very little damage and has very little stunning capabilities.

Sephiroth will have three jumps, allowing him to perform better in the air.

His fall speed should be somewhat slow and floaty, like Melee Mewtwo's. However, pressing down allows him to fall much faster.

Rolling out of his shield could be a teleportation thing, with as much distance as Melee Mewtwo's roll.

If possible, it would be nice for him to be able to both wall-jump and wall-cling. I'm sure this is not possible, but being able to run up walls would be pretty badass too.

Cool quotes that could be ripped from Dissidia:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HDTqNYPgW4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HDTqNYPgW4</a>

Weak Attacks:
    A Combo
    A series of slashes.

Forward Tilt
    Sephiroth performs a series of attacks with his sword, his fists, and his legs. Like a cross between Ike's Neutral A combo and Snake's Forward Tilt combo. The last strike of this will be the only one with significant knockback.

Up Tilt
    Sephiroth swings his sword to shoot out some rather weak air blades diagonally up. This will play very similarly to the CoN Naruto PSA's Kunai attack. Marth's Up Tilt animation would work well for this.

Down Tilt
    Ike's Down Tilt would probably be fine, as long as the range in increased.

Running A
    Maybe kind of like Marth's.
    Allows you to lead into some of your A combos, like so:

Smash Attacks:
    Forward Smash
    Sephiroth performs a slash similar to Link's Forward Smash animation. But the longer you charge this, the more strikes he performs, which could end up looking a lot like Marth's full Forward B combo, except that he would travel a further distance while attacking. This attack can have Ganondorf's shadow effect.

Up Smash
    Pretty much the same as Ike's, just faster and weaker. Fast enough so that his Up Tilt can sometimes set the opponent up for it.

Down Smash
    Sephiroth holds his sword up and stabs it into the ground. Very similar to Ike's Neutral B, even the animation can be the same. But instead of fire, there can be that green lifestream stuff, with bits of earth/rocks cracking up, kind of like this:

Of course, this gif is of what his Aerial Down A should be, but the effect is the same.

Specials:
    Neutral B
    Sephiroth summons a meteor that shoots diagonally down. The longer you charge, the greater distance the meteor travels. For example, just tap B, and it comes down right in front of you. Charge it for a bit, and it comes down like in this gif:
    If performed in the air, there is no charge up, and it shoots out a bunch of weaker meteors.

Forward B
    Maybe something like Zelda's Forward B. You will control a little shiny thing, but when you let go, it will explode into shadowy spheres.

Up B
    Extremely similar to Lucario's. Sephiroth enters a flying state that lasts maybe a second. There will be a brief start-up time where you choose the initial direction you want to go in. You can also attack out of it and use whatever remaining jumps you have afterwards.

Down B
    Sephiroth summons a giant pillar of fire around him. The longer you charge, the more pillars there will be, with a maximum of three (the second pillar will be in front of him, the third will be in back). These pillars pull the opponent toward them and keep the opponent trapped for a second or two while burning him (like Ness' PK Fire). Good at racking up damage, but little knockback. Maybe Ho-oh or Entai's fire could work for this (though obviously much weaker than either).

Grabs:
    Grab
    Sephiroth pulls his sword back then thrusts it in a given direction (Forward, Up, Diagonally Up, or Diagonally Down), impaling the enemy. This will have a slow start-up time, like Samus', giving the player a chance to choose which direction he will stab in. Marth's Neutral B is a pretty perfect animation for this.

This gif includes his Up Throw

Aerial Grab
    Works the same as his ground grab, but it will always stab upwards, and automatically fling the opponent downwards. This could be a good spiking move.

Pummel
    Sephiroth twists his sword while the enemy is impaled.

Forward Throw
    Sephiroth pulls his sword back and kicks the opponent off of it.

Back Throw
    Sephiroth turns around and performs Marth's forward smash animation (or something like it), flinging the opponent off his sword.

Up Throw
    Sephiroth flings his opponent upward off his sword.

Down Throw
    Sephiroth slams his opponent into the ground, pulls his sword out of him, and then stabs him again.

Aerial Attacks:
    Neutral A
    Marth's Neutral A in the air could work fine for this. Just up the range.

Forward A
    Sephiroth swings his sword downward, very much like Ike's Forward A in the air.

Back A
    Marth's arial Back A should work fine, just with increased range.

Up A
    Sephiroth rapidly stabs upwards. Little to no knockback, but good at racking up damage.

Down A
    What Sephiroth does when he kills a certain someone. Think Toon Link's. It can even use Link's exact animation. One of his main killing moves. If he hits the ground with it, it can cause the earth to crack up and green lifestream stuff to come out.

Final Smash:
    Sephiroth enters a state similar to Super Sonic, where he can fly around and perform his attacks (Unlike Sonic, just touching the opponent will not hurt them).

Kinda like this.
    His Neutral B becomes a slash attack, and if you connect with it, it leads to a cinematic attack (similar to Captain Falcon's if possible) like this:
    Also, I doubt this is possible, but if Sephiroth could grow a wing while in this mode, that would be badass.

Downloads:

BigBadBooya's Final Smash: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12878
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeRoO0buIgE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeRoO0buIgE</a>

My Vertex: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=12336
    « Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 02:11:42 AM by Aafyre » Logged

junior139
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:52:23 PM »

yeahh cloud post first

Cataly5t
    Advanced Kitten

I stare into my mothers eyes and hope for ruin.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »

Looking foward to this! Finally, sephiroth being made into brawl hopefully. I support this project all the way. ^^ Make this as epic as he can be.

Executioner of Halo Reach.

tenkashi
    Extreme Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 03:23:24 AM »

what do you guys have done so far? also his Final smash! very badass! im making people mad everywere!

Boku wa dare dai? Kimi wa lambo?

Kimi wa dare dai? Boku wa Lambo! X3

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 03:56:09 AM »

could i ask u guys to not make him overpowered?

Link40
    Extreme Kitten

You can not resist the power of the Wunderwaffe !

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #5 on: October 13, 2010, 05:24:17 AM »

could i ask u guys to not make him overpowered?

Balancing phase comes normally afterthe creation of the PSA. It is easier to do this way.

fighter20brawler10
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 07:42:32 AM »

Since Sephiroth has the huge sword i was thinking in the PSA they could make his weapon range bigger

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 08:39:55 AM »

yeah but they already talked about balancing him, by making his close range ttacks a LOT weaker...

i just dont want a god psa...

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 09:11:50 AM »

well i officially cannot wait, i just hope the sword hit's where it's supposed to...

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 09:21:00 AM »

btw, the up smash idea would fit better in a up throw...

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 01:50:42 PM »

actually yeah, it would.

Ct.OWN
    Lol Kitten

Me and ma minions :3

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: October 13, 2010, 02:01:00 PM »

Well this'll be interesting.

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 02:07:05 PM »

Ill help with the PSA but if you want me to do something U will have to PM me because im still working on my Ultimate ShadowMarth V3 PSA

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

Aafyre
    Holy Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Featured KCMM Veteran Ninja

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: October 13, 2010, 03:56:32 PM »

Okay, it's cool to see that we're getting some feedback here. If we changed his Up Smash to his Up Throw, what would you do for his new Up Smash?

Ct.OWN
    Lol Kitten

Me and ma minions :3

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: October 13, 2010, 04:12:55 PM »

Hmm. Make it something more sephirothy. IDK what since I never played the FF games with him in it. In fact, the only one I have it the first chrystal chronicles. -_-

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 11
    Print
    Jump to: