Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Brawl+ File Mover v1.2.3  (Read 2269 times)
MagmarFire
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 15, 2009, 12:53:18 PM »

Before you storm out and say that I'm ripping off an idea of Chaemelion's, please hear me out here. Wink

I, like Chaemelion, have decided to write a program that allows one to have texture hacks automatically moved to the proper directories on an SD card and renamed, allowing time reserved by moving and renaming the files to be cut into a fraction. In this case, you don't have to memorize what to name your files in order to have them show up properly in the game.

I'm sure that Chaemelion's Texture Manager can do this, too, so don't think I'm trying to turn you away from it if you're using it already. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but what may be the difference between his program and mine is that if a character's texture directory doesn't exist on your SD card, the program will automatically create it for you.

Another thing is that it doesn't just deal with textures: If you're a Brawl+ player and have a precompiled .GCT, you can use this program to move it to the right directory (this is relatively untested, so there may be errors). Also, if you have prebuilt .BRSTMs, there are two things you can do: (1) put a whole bunch of properly-named .BRSTMs (<franchise letter><number>.brstm) in the program's directory, so it will automatically move all of them; (2) put a .BRSTM file in the directory so it can be properly renamed to replace most any song you want, including SSE songs. This program also has support for any files created from Dantarion's Any-Length Custom Song Titles Tool.

So, in short, yes, my program is pretty much like Chaemelion's Texture Manager, only with .BRSTM and .GCT support, automated directory creation, and with a lower-level interface.

Here's the link if you're interested in trying it out. If you try it, tell me what you think! And also feel free to make suggestions if you do! Cheesy

milkaholic123

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »

TOOO MUCH INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'll try it out.

MagmarFire
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 05:17:43 PM »

TOOO MUCH INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I'll try it out.

I can't say that organization's my thing, really. Tongue

But thank you!