Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Programmers PLEASE!  (Read 2796 times)
Allbait
Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: November 02, 2010, 07:52:47 AM »

This is about animation swaps and deformities... So everyone knows that to fix a deformity you need to go in brawlbox and copy the traslations from the T-stance and place it in the first frame of the animation that was ported and you gotta do it to every bone... So to skip the annoying constant copy and pasting is there any programmer that can PLEASE make a program that automatically does this copy and pasting? Every time I port animations I wonder WHY ISN'T THERE A PROGRAM TO DO THIS YET?  Im srs here

I suck at explaining what I want but I think the idea got through... right?

Please and thanks BTW

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

Lecapria
    Lol Kitten

In College ~ Like a boss

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 09:30:59 AM »

i had this problem too, i think that hasnt been done bc it would change the positions and rotations as well. Sometimes they want certain animations to be dirrerent int some ways, and to make a program that only changes the length and width of an animation, (having taken C++ college coarses and in AP java programming) would be very difficult. They would have to ave the original programming for Brawl box and the names of the variables for the characters which would be looking at SSBB in code form Im srs here that would not be fun. i know someone whos been programming all his live and is extremely smart. were getting together this weekend and i will introduce him to brawl box,and see if he can do anythihng for it. Hes so smart he MADE a 3d printer and got a scholarship for it! not impressed

as a summary, it hasnt been done bc thats something really advanced and would take 100s and 100s of added code to a program we didnt build.

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]
    My "Vertexing with Anim8or!" tutorial~

lecapria.tumblr.com

Allbait
    Supreme Kitten

Fin Dovahkiin Fent Qahnaar Pah Paalle

• Awards Ninja Hot Topic Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:32 PM »

I had this problem too, I think that hasn't been done because it would change the positions and rotations as well. Sometimes they want certain animations to be different in some ways, and to make a program that only changes the length and width of an animation, (having taken C++ college courses and in AP java programming) would be very difficult. They would have to have the original programming for Brawl box and the names of the variables for the characters which would be looking at SSBB in code form Im srs here that would not be fun. I know someone who has been programming all his live and is extremely smart. We're getting together this weekend and i will introduce him to brawl box,and see if he can do anything for it. He's so smart he MADE a 3D printer and got a scholarship for it! not impressed

As a summary, it hasn't been done because that's something really advanced and would take hundreds and hundreds of added code to a program we didn't build.

Part in red: It would NOT change the rotations because the rotations are what make the animations; the translations are to edit the location of the bone in relation to the one before it. Editing the rotation would be changing the animation but changing the translation would be to change the way the model looks in the animation.

Hmmm let me make it simple...
    Each character has their own translation for example Zelda.
    And all of her animations keep the same translation as her T-stance obviously.

Frame 1 controls the translation of the whole animation BTW
    Which is why when you port it to another character the animation causes deformations, because each model has a different set of translations.
    When I give Marth Zelda's Wait3 his model will use the animations translation and the result is this:
    So how do you fix it? Simple you copy the values from Marth's T-stance (the spoiler before the one before) and place it in the first frame of the ported animation. The result is this:

This is a bad example because the deformation isn't as apparent, but trust me, its there.

The problem is that you have to do that for every bone in every animation which is a lot of copy and pasting.

Part in yellow: I'm not saying to add to brawlbox... I'm saying make a whole new program

Part in pink: The hundreds of coding is nothing compared to the hundreds of copy and pasting's, especially if its a skilled programmer making it.

I think that making a program to do this is possible, tricky and time consuming, but possible.

Friend Safari: Bug (Masquerain, Butterfree, Pinsir)
    4613-8365-7114

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container KCMM Veteran Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 02:08:50 PM »

hmm...
    I think I'll do this myself when I get around to it >_>

I program in Py, but sadly I'm not a total expert at it...

but this is a good idea, and I might make a prog
    once I get into CHR0 files...
    (I really need a CHR0 importer for blender)

I'm working on REFF and REFT files right now...
    (Pikachu's Final Smash)

but yea Tongue

Quote: Friedslick6
    you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.
    But the coolest part was that you didn't stop working on it despite that.

Quote: Internet Explorer
    you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

quote: Greg
    You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

Pik
    Holy Kitten

i like the way you die boi

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 03:47:14 PM »

I'd support this, many times I've found myself wishing for a program like this.

Lecapria
    Lol Kitten

In College ~ Like a boss

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 03:57:58 PM »

all im saying is it would be difficult and time consuming. and the "part int red" is what brawl box can do as far as copy and pasting

My "Vertexing with Anim8or!" tutorial~

lecapria.tumblr.com

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 04:46:34 PM »

all im saying is it would be difficult and time consuming.

actually...
    brawl's format is actually quite simple...

so really:
    difficult... no
    time consuming... maybe

brawl's format:
    everything has a header of at least len(16) to len(64)
    and is offset based, with a relocation table.

it's complicated, but simple...
    (alot to explain to get an idea of what I mean by that)

you have been through a lot of hassle. I've watched every topic you posted on this, and most of them seemed to disintegrate gradually.

you're doing more with your life right now than probably most other people around you. You're a valuable asset to the Smash community. So yeah, you should be proud.

You do have a gift which I've seen many developers use to their advantage. You can become a great coder, and with all of those ideas I think you can really build something great.

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 05:33:20 PM »

a note on the CHR0 format (without looking)

if my theory is correct, the format should be similar to this:

CHR0 header len(32 or 64)
    relocation table (offsets to bone data)
    anim data (bone data)
    string data (bone names)

if correct:
    each bone should contain a len(32) header for the number of frames and such...

data is most likely 32bit
    locXYZ, rotXYZ, scaXYZ
    in hex:
    loc: '00000000 00000000 00000000'
    rot: '00000000 00000000 00000000'
    sca: '00000000 00000000 00000000'

all that would need to be changed would be the loc (trans) on a specific bone, from a pecific bone...

process cannot be entirely automatic due to bones such as 'TransN' or 'HipN'
    their location is changed at times...

but at least it still beats 'Ctrl+C'/'Ctrl+V' Tongue

I suck at GUI's though, so I'm not the best man for programming :/
    I can provide info if need be Wink

??_?
    Attention. I have your Attention.
    Holy Kitten

PM me or something

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Sniper Pin Collector

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 08:00:01 PM »

hm, so in brawlbox if you go to frame 0 (1 back from 1) it is the T-stance.  Wouldn't it just be easier to make brawlbox make every translation in frame 0 a keyframe and then be able to hit copy under transform all?  Seems easier than making a new program, sorry to stifle any motivation here tho

DarkPikachu
    Angel Kitten

complexity == fun

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 08:20:06 PM »

hmm...

you can try it...
    but create a backup first, just in case :/

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: