Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 14
Author Topic: Project RIDLEY PSA *VERSION 1.1 IS OUT*  (Read 74810 times)
Aether
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: November 09, 2010, 02:18:27 PM »

Ridley, The Space Pirate General, finally joins the fray!

First and foremost, this wouldnt be possible without StarWaffle's Charizard Vertex. He deserves loads of the credit since it is his vertex that we will be using. Although i did edit his texture a little. Mostly just fixing the color and making the backs of his wings purple instead of yellow.

Current Changes
    (Items listed which are not marked through still require images)
    AAA - Moves forward with each attack. Third hit is now a bite
    Forward Smash - Now a forceful tail whip with a high knockback sweetspot on the tip. This will be edited again before i call it done though. At full charge it can kill every character at 0% damage. WAY too strong lol.
    Down Smash - Tail whip then head butt
    Forward Air - A forceful bite
    Down Air - Ridley's signature tail stab

Dash Attack - Spins across the ground
    Down Tilt - Stomps, knocking the opponent upwards
    Neutral Aerial - Sweetspot and meteor added on tip of tail
    Side Special - On the ground, Ridley shoots a fireball forward which explodes after a few frames. But in the air, Ridley shoots a fireball which curves downward as it goes. When you touch the ground after using it, Ridley automatically fires another fireball

Jumps - Changed
    Falls- Changed
    Size - He is now 1.35 x Charizard's size. Hitboxes and gfx on all attacks have been increased to take that into account. He is about half a foot or so taller than Samus. This is how he appears during the Melee intro video and the manga. The sizes of bosses always vary during games (Bowser) so they are not a good example, besides, i prefer the intelligent general Ridley over the mindless giant monster Ridley

Moveset Changes

AAA
    The first two claw swipes now have a huge graphic effect. The third hit is now a bite. This is most useful if you mix grab pummels and releases in with it to extend the combo

Down Tilt
    Charizard's stomp has now been moved to his Down Tilt instead of Down Smash. It has been weakened respectively of course

Forward Smash
    A forceful tail whip. Has a high knockback sweetspot on the tip. Also does damage behind him as the tail
    moves back into its original position

Down Smash
    Slams his tail behind him then bucks his head into the air. Both parts of the attack have different timing, trajectory and knockback. The tail knocks to the side, while his head knocks into the air.

Forward Aerial
    A forceful bite

Down Aerial
    Ridley's Signature Tail Stab. Perfect for meteoring people who try to recover low. Just float it over the edge and enjoy lol

Side Special
    On the ground, Ridley shoots a small exploding fireball forward. In the air, Ridley shoots a curving fireball which staggers and does damage but does not knock. *This attack is still in development and its not considered finished*

Current Progress
    Model: 100%
    Animations: 90%?
    PSA: 80%
    Other: 25%?

CREDITS
    Aether (Animations and some PSA)
    Weyard (Some PSA)
    Cuddly-Metaknight (Aerial Side Special-Fireball)
    SDo0m InCaRnAtI0n (Ground Side Special-Fireball)
    Fliptocat (CSS Portraits and Pictures)
    Get A Load Of This! (Video)

WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
    -Someone who can give him a pound similar to "Bowser's Down Special", as Ridley's Grounded Up Special Basically, make him jump up into the air then pound instead of Fire Spin. Keep the air version the same though
    -Someone who can make a dash attack (similar to Ike's) over Ridley's Neutral Special Its going to end up being his Side Special but I need it over his Neutral Special because i plan on swapping his fireballs with it once finished. Plus it gives you 3 animations to work with instead of 1 if you were building it on his Side Special
    -Someone who knows how to fix the glitch which causes him to shoot a second fireball when he hits the ground
    -Ideas for Down Special
    -Ideas for the rest of the unchanged attacks (Up smash, Up Tilt)
    -Testers. There arent any glitches or anything. I just need to know how to balance him.
    -PICTURES. Seriously, the only camera I have is on my DSi. The results arent exactly good. I will need one picture for each changed attack plus a HUGE picture for the top of the page to showcase him
    -VIDEOS!!!! After its finished, to show it off  Awesome Face

PLEASE Download this and test it out. We REALLY need your feedback. This is going to be available to the entire community, so you could atleast tell us what you want to see.

As for the current download, i uploaded it on my DeviantArt since some people dislike Mediafire and Megaupload. Its normally an art site, but i found out how to upload files as well.

NEWEST DOWNLOAD:

Ridley Version 1.1

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=13562&Moderated=All
    Included is a Metroid Other M Ridley Texture.

If you would rather use another texture...
    Here is Cuckoo's Recolor pack
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=1&Reported=All&Name=%25Ridley+%25&ByUser=%25Cuckoos%25&Credit=%25&Info=%25&Thumb1=%25&Type=%25%25&TypeAlt=%25
    And here is StarWaffle's original texture
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=1&Reported=All&Name=%25Ridley%25&ByUser=%25StarWaffle%25&Credit=%25&Info=%25&Thumb1=%25&Type=%25%25&TypeAlt=%25

Once the download is finished, extract the folder from the .rar. Then move them into Charizard's folder on your SD Card. But if you dont know that, why are you even here : \

It includes
    FitCharizard00.pcs/FitCharizard00.pac (Vertex and Texture)
    FitCharizard.pac (PSA Moveset)
    FitCharizardMotionEtc.pac (Animations)

EXTRAS

VIDEOS
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_e280CbSLg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_e280CbSLg</a>

Credit will be given to anyone who helps with anything.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 11:06:12 AM by Aether » Logged

EternallyBlueTeam
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: November 09, 2010, 02:27:46 PM »

I can make some picture's for you if you want Cheesy.
    I won't be able to make a video of it because I have a PAL brawl and then you will have a video with no sounds and that sucks. Keep up the good work!

EBT.

ChaosInvoker
    Mega Kitten

Gone crazy, be back in a few hours

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: November 09, 2010, 03:12:39 PM »

I could make a video when I have time, you'll have to pardon the quality though as my capture card only provides satisfactory quality!

Here's an example of one I did for DivineOverloard:
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQHjGfYVo4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tQHjGfYVo4</a>

I know, it's not bad, but it's still not great either  Undecided

This looks like a cool idea, can't wait to see it finished!

ShadowMarth
    Holy Kitten

~The Prince of Shadows~

• Awards Tutorial Writer Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector Constructive

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 03:13:09 PM »

Awesome! But I just got a FS idea.
    When he uses it, he jumps up and goes in to the background( Ex: when u get a lugia it flies up and centers its self in the background)And spits out a giant fireball up into the air and after about 3 seconds it falls from the sky and when it hits it explodes with a giant explosion killing everyone on stage.

Managing between Being in the US Army and other things. All is well so far.

FC:4256-5446-5169
    PSA 2.35:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=29684
    Competitive play Official thread:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=54433.msg1069108#msg1069108

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 03:20:45 PM »

It's about time someone made this!! I'm so excited to use this!  Ridley is badass and needs more love.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »

Huge Post Incoming.

The main thing we need right now is someone familiar with ThrowN projectiles. We were planning on giving him a standard Fireball as his forward B, however after countless attempts, the best I'v managed to get is the fireball's graphic effect, appearing at the frame1 ThrowN point, then disappearing, without the hitbox activating. The only guide I'v been able to find for it was done by JoeGrandma, but it's more of a quick summary of the process rather than an actual guide. Here is his explanation in it's entirety if anyone needs to see it.

I don't know how useful this is, making a projectile by deleting hitboxes and inching them forwards is not only inconvienient, but also looks really weird when someone shields through it.

Instead, I recommend making a custom animation, and in that animation, just animating the ThrowN bone. It's invisible and doesn't stretch your body, and you can utilize keyframes instead of typing in every x-offset for every frame. In PSA, just attach your hitboxes and GFX to the ThrowN bone and you're set! A projectile that moves and only hits once, with minimal work!

Let's say that you wanted to shoot out a fireball that moves forward in a straight line forwards, specifically, 50 scalars forwards and it moves forward for 30 frames.

Open the animation that you want to change in Brawlbox using the Model Previewer. On the left side, under "Bones," go to the last bone, which should be ThrowN.

On Frame 1, change the translations to x=0, y=5, z=0. Get rid of all keyframes for the ThrowN bone, and go to Frame 30, and change the translations to x=0, y=5, z=50. You can use these numbers to change where it goes, and you can even use multiple keyframes to make your projectile move in a non-linear path!

Go into PSA and just create an offensive collision that is attached to the ThrowN bone and lasts 30 frames.

For the GFX, you will most likely need to do this, to make sure it travels and appears for all 30 frames:

Set Loop 30 Times:
    Graphic Effect
    Synchronous Timer: Frames=1
    Execute Loop

I hope that clears things up!

Also, on a side note, I noticed that my name is quoted as "GrandmaJoe" on the OP.

Awesome! But I just got a FS idea.
    When he uses it, he jumps up and goes in to the background( Ex: when u get a lugia it flies up and centers its self in the background)And spits out a giant fireball up into the air and after about 3 seconds it falls from the sky and when it hits it explodes with a giant explosion killing everyone on stage.

A while ago when we were thinking about his FS, our best idea was kinda similar to that. Our version was, that he flies up, then swoops across the stage a few times, dropping fireballs beneath him. Possible bringing the camera up so that you can't see the floor of the stage (like Olimar's), then doing set damage and Knockback. Not that I have any idea how to accomplish this. I'v never even touched a Final Smash in psa.

I could make a video when I have time, you'll have to pardon the quality though as my capture card only provides satisfactory quality!

Here's an example of one I did for DivineOverloard:

I know, it's not bad, but it's still not great either  Undecided

This looks like a cool idea, can't wait to see it finished!

We probably won't be needing videos until it's almost completed. We have a small digital camera that can also record lame videos. Hopefully the capture card you're talking about has better quality than this lol.

Aether needs to update the CP with some of this and replace in the Vault download instead of the file from his DA. http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=13562&Moderated=All

First things first, we need someone to make him have this ThrowN based Fireball as his forwardB, or explain to me, in detail, how to set it up in PSA.

However, all feedback is greatly appreciated. If you've downloaded the psa and have any advice/suggestions, please comment and let us know.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:27:13 PM by Weyard » Logged

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: November 09, 2010, 04:24:31 PM »

I can make some picture's for you if you want Cheesy.
    I won't be able to make a video of it because I have a PAL brawl and then you will have a video with no sounds and that sucks. Keep up the good work!

EBT.

Sure, if you dont mind, take a screenshot of each of his changed attacks then post them thumbnail-sized here. Then ill add them to the first post.

As you can see from the picture up there, my camera fails : /

-----
    Im working on a few new changes at the moment and will update the first post when completed. Trying to fix the hitbox on his forward aerial.

Szasz
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 04:34:31 PM »

Use the stomp from Metroid prime 1: trilogy. either down smash or whatevs.

Seriously though, sounds cool so far. Is there much of a change in damage/speed/gameplay? also what version of brawl is this designed for?

milliondollar mistake
    Extreme Kitten

Boom.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: November 09, 2010, 04:36:32 PM »

I have a FS idea, for those of you that played Metroid other m, remember that attack he would do when he would fly to the top of the stage and shoot down a fireball, and when it hits the ground it explodes, sending a firery shock wave across the arena? I'll try and find a vid

My 3DS friend info, just PM me and I'll add you.
    Name:James
    FC:0216-0855-5243

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2010, 04:38:48 PM »

Use the stomp from Metroid prime 1: trilogy. either down smash or whatevs.

Seriously though, sounds cool so far. Is there much of a change in damage/speed/gameplay? also what version of brawl is this designed for?

DownSmash is finished already. He lunges into the ground, in sort of a bucking motion, with his tail hitting behind him in a large range, while opponents infront of him are hit with a headbutt. The front and back hitboxes are different, the back hits at a range similar to Marth's forward smash, while the headbutting portion only hits if they make direct contact with his head during the animation. It looks pretty awesome as well.
    We could probably use a stomping sort of hit for his downtilt.

Almost all of his attributes have been changed. We use it on Balanced Brawl right now.

I have a FS idea, for those of you that played Metroid other m, remember that attack he would do when he would fly to the top of the stage and shoot down a fireball, and when it hits the ground it explodes, sending a firery shock wave across the arena? I'll try and find a vid

Thats almost the exact same thing one of the earlier posters suggested. It will most likely end up being something similar to that.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:46:33 PM by Weyard » Logged

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 04:42:21 PM »

he plays faster and stronger than charizard, but is a little more frail. Weight, gravity, air mobility and velocity have all been changed to make him unique in the air.

its not really being designed for any specific version. But right now it can keep up with the Dark Samus psa. Weyard is trying to upload a vid between them right now.

I think i might just give him Charizards stomp as his Down Tilt.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:44:41 PM by Aether » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 04:45:07 PM »

Stupid Kodak camera takes hours to load the videos and pictures before I can even start uploading it online. It'll still be a while before I get it uploaded.

he plays faster and stronger than charizard, but is a little more frail. Weight, gravity, air mobility and velocity have all been changed to make him unique in the air.

its not really being designed for any specific version. But right now it can keep up with the Dark Samus psa. Weyard is trying to upload a vid between them right now.

I think i might just give him Charizards stomp as his Down Tilt.

I wouldn't say it keeps up with it. If both were set to computer players Dark Samus would probably 3 stock it. I used a sideways wiimote while you used a gamecube controller if you'll recall. It wasn't an even match  I see what you did there ...

X
    Mega Kitten

Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm back.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: November 09, 2010, 04:47:25 PM »

I like the FS ideas that I've seen with the fire ball bursting and sending the shockwave that kills everyone.

But how about having a less cheap FS where Ridley locks a character who's very close to him in place and goes off stage to fire three fireballs (like the ones that Meta Ridley fires in Boss Battles) where the first two are smaller and do maybe 5-15% damage and then a bigger one that does roughly 15-30% and sends that character locked in place flying for a distance?

Or is that not possible?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2010, 04:48:32 PM »

I like the FS ideas that I've seen with the fire ball bursting and sending the shockwave that kills everyone.

But how about having a less cheap FS where Ridley locks a character who's very close to him in place and goes off stage to fire three fireballs (like the ones that Meta Ridley fires in Boss Battles) where the first two are smaller and do maybe 5-15% damage and then a bigger one that does roughly 15-30% and sends that character locked in place flying for a distance?

Or is that not possible?

So would that be, the first 2 fireballs only hitting one character, while the last one hits everyone on the stage (only giving knockback on the final hit?)

I'm not really sure whats possible.
    Most of the new Final Smashes I'v saw in the vault aren't very complex so maybe it's a lot more complicated than it sounds to make them work correctly.
    « Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:50:17 PM by Weyard » Logged

Aether
    Extreme Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: November 09, 2010, 04:49:53 PM »

IDK whats possible really lol. We need someone with experience haxing final smashes

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4 ... 14
    Print
    Jump to: