Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 [2]
Author Topic: Saturos Project- Suggestions/Advice needed--A few updates  (Read 15214 times)
Weyard
Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 08:02:04 PM »

Bump.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 08:12:46 PM »

Well, what do you think needs help? And with the aerial forward a, does Saturos slash, or stab?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 10:15:31 PM »

Well, what do you think needs help? And with the aerial forward a, does Saturos slash, or stab?
    Slashes.
    1st hit: Swings sword from left to the right.
    2nd hit: Swipes from right to left, hitting lower than the first hit.  
    3rd hit: Draws his sword-arm back, pauses then swings hard horizontally from left to right. Needs a lot of recoil. This strike would hit opponents hard, giving some knockback.

Similarly to Marth's neutral Aerial really. Just a fairly quick sweep from left to right, then from right to left. Then the final hit should look similarly to final hit of Link's triforce slash, in that he draws back, performs the slash quickly, then suffers some serious recoil.

-

I have most of the other animations finished. I still need to change some Jump animations and such.

As for psa work, I have a request topic up for the UpB. Hopefully someone will be able to do that soon. Besides it, we need:

-I've already attached hitboxes for his other 3 aerial moves. They just need graphic effects. Specifically,The forward Aerial will need a small fire effect on the final hit. The first 2 hits could have some basic "slashing" graphic effects but it isn't necessary. The Neutral A needs the swirling fire-like effect, I'll do this one myself.  The Backaerial needs a random slashing graphic effect. Lastly, the UpAerial needs a fire trail coming from his feet.

-His upA has a hitbox, but no graphic effect. This one would need a small single fireball effect just past the reach of his hand.

-His forwardA's hitbox isn't working right for some reason. I have to fix it. This one would also need a single small fireball just past his hand.

-Forward Smash needs momentum push or something to make him leap forward during it. Haven't done this yet. It will also need a slashing/impacting graphic effect.

-Down Smash needs graphic effects. This would will need an small-medium sized explosion on both sides of him.

-Up Smash needs graphic effects. Attach small fire graphic effect to his sword.

-I need to copy/paste his Neutral B, so it makes 2 collumns. I will then have to change timers as needed. I WILL DEFINITELY BE DOING THIS ONE MYSELF.

-ForwardB needs "stun" flags and yellow flashing graphic effects on sword during the attack portion of the animation. I WILL DEFINITELY BE DOING THIS ONE MYSELF.

-DownB is still in the development stage. I think I might just make it similar to Captain Falcon's downB, in that he dashes forward while covered in fire. I have no experience with "projectiles" so unless someone else can make something similar to his Fireballs, I will have to come up with something else entirely.

-Lastly I need to change his attributes so he is different from Ike.

If anyone wants to or is able to do any of the things listed above, please do so. Don't worry to much about timers. Just put them all at 30 frame intervals or something, I'll correct them as needed for now. I will have the v1 download link up in a few days, until then, just make any changes on a fresh fitike.pac. I will move the changes onto my running pac.

The above list might change this week because I'm going to attempt a few of them myself. Tell me if you plan to do one of them so I can avoid it.

Thanks.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 10:27:56 PM »

The Up and down smash GFX don't sound too hard, I could give them a shot.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 11:46:16 PM »

The Up and down smash GFX don't sound too hard, I could give them a shot.

Thanks Cheesy.

More detail if you'd like:

Up Smash's graphic effect just needs to be attached to the sword throughout the animation. Just use a graphic effect that will give a nice "trail" effect if you can.

For the downsmash, attach them to his hands. One on each, offset to the left and right respectively just a bit. I'm using DarkSamus's downA as it right now, but I'm going to make my own in which he follows a similar motion.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »

Original Post updated.
    UpB has been changed. I need to remember how I got it and credit if necessary, edit it a bit in psa and it's finished.
    V1 download will be released later this week.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #21 on: December 07, 2010, 04:42:28 PM »

^Sorry for not responding earlier, I should have it done by tonight (A little late, I know).

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 05:10:27 PM »

^Sorry for not responding earlier, I should have it done by tonight (A little late, I know).

It's alright. Good luck with them.

-

I just changed his attributes.

Officially, he is going to be "slippery" like Lugi. He will slide a little once you stop running. He will have pretty good aerial mobility.

Right now both of these effects are kinda overkilled. I replaced his attributes with Marth's numbers, then changed a few things. Right now you can't really control him at all. I'm probably not going to be able to get them just right before the V1 Download, so you might have to deal with his overslipperyness for a while if you wanna use him.

I fixed the hitbox on forward A finally. It just needs a graphic effect now.
    Downsmash's hitbox is almost correct now. I'm still working on it.
    UpAerial works perfect now. He gains some vertical distance with it.\
    NeutralAerial holds him in place for a frame or two now, so it's easier to fastfall it into an opponent.

His new upB is tricky to use, but it fairly well. I suppose the difficulty of using it to recover balances it a bit.
    His Grounded upB's damage and knockback have been reduced to almost nothing. I'm thinking of maybe putting a "cape" effect on it so it's not completely useless.

The main thing I need to do now is weaken ALL of his attacks. His new speed along with Ike's power is quite broken. As stated in the OP, his physical attacks need to be weak, while his NeutralB and such should be his main kill moves.

I'm going to update the OP with all of the new information shortly. Expect V1 download in a day or two.

ZenBridger
    Intermediate Kitten

And then there was nothing

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 12:32:45 PM »

Good to hear. Cheesy
    Very excited.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2010, 03:38:51 PM »

I think I'm going to go on and release the first version.

All animations have been changed except for basic movements, taunts, forwardAir, and downA.
    Although a few of these are just temporary until I can can make new animations for them. All attacks have working hitboxes now, although forwardA's hitbox is still messed up. It only hits if the opponent is litterally touching you. His attributes have been changed so that his speed is close to Marth's. I have yet to lower his damage/knockback, so at this point he's pretty broken. This first version is just for testing purposes. Please give me your feedback.

You can find it here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=14434&Moderated=All
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 03:47:08 PM by Weyard » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2010, 06:44:11 AM »

BUMP

I've been busy with other stuff and haven't had a chance to change anything else. What's everyone think of it so far, as far as attributes and potential moveset? Any suggestions or advice? Anyone want to contribute to the project?

I've had one report of freezing at CSS, anyone else had any problems with it?

Once I get back into it, I'm going to do the forward smash and forward Air animations, then get their hitboxes working.

Pages:  1 [2]
    Print
    Jump to: