Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
Author Topic: Official *Project Zero* Thread (STILL NOW HIRING) (ACT NOW!)  (Read 44615 times)
Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #135 on: February 15, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »

What do you mean standard? Was zero originally going to be like as strong as ganondorf?

No, think about Marth in terms of the general strength of his moves.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

IM NOT TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PRESENT IS!!

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #136 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:10 AM »

With all these combos, this is going to be A LOT more work for just you guys. wont this take even longer then?

[PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Psycho Philia
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Heart Container Ninja Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #137 on: February 16, 2011, 08:19:12 AM »

It will probably take longer, but as long as it matches his objectives, there should be no problem. It is better to take more time and do a Psa that pleases yourself and that achieves the goal you fixed, than doing a Psa that has a certain taste of unachieved.

Oh bomb, no one understands you. You have to be expressive with your feelings. Don't worry, Philia will help you with that. Fu fu fu fu....

Kitare, Saitan no Ikazuchi! Ikare, sousei no daichi! Ribaasukuruseidaaa!

ethNargy
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #138 on: February 16, 2011, 05:11:28 PM »

Honestly, I'd add in some Z-buster attacks in the form of moderately ranged melee attacks. Think along the lines of how falco uses his gun in his throws, or how Samus uses her blaster for a few of her melee attacks. I wouldn't go crazy with trying to make a different move for each attack, if you don't stick mainly with his Z-saber/buster, it's just not going to feel like Zero.

I have to say though, that model for zero I saw in the community pack is pretty impressive looking. Nice work on that.
    « Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 05:13:56 PM by ethNargy » Logged

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #139 on: February 16, 2011, 06:55:17 PM »

It will probably take longer, but as long as it matches his objectives, there should be no problem. It is better to take more time and do a Psa that pleases yourself and that achieves the goal you fixed, than doing a Psa that has a certain taste of unachieved.
    Yes I know it will match his objectives but im just making sure he knows what he is in for. Cuz if you think about it now the movea re going to be mostly combos which will probably twice as more animations if not more.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #140 on: February 16, 2011, 06:57:55 PM »

Honestly, I'd add in some Z-buster attacks in the form of moderately ranged melee attacks. Think along the lines of how falco uses his gun in his throws, or how Samus uses her blaster for a few of her melee attacks. I wouldn't go crazy with trying to make a different move for each attack, if you don't stick mainly with his Z-saber/buster, it's just not going to feel like Zero.

I have to say though, that model for zero I saw in the community pack is pretty impressive looking. Nice work on that.

I take no credit for the community pack.

Zero's Buster isn't going to work to well in a Combo-Oriented moveset. Besides, the Command Arts are much more prominent than Zero's buster in any case.

Zero however, will retain his Z-Buster Neutral B. It'll just have extra functionality for some attacks.

@!YIaXeD OuT: It's fine. I won't have extra attacks for each and every other move, but some moves with have extra functionality depending on factors, like Zero's Buster being a certain charge level.

IWasAPerson
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #141 on: February 16, 2011, 07:46:37 PM »

As far as the Z-buster goes, it would make the most sense just to leave it as a neutral-b move. Seeing as how Zero could only use it standing still in X5 and X6, it would work out just fine.

With animations, I finished up another two anims. Looking at Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Zero's animations are really fluid and just look really good. I'm getting it this weekend, so after I enjoy it for a while I'll start taking some inspiration from that for animations. For obvious reasons I wouldn't use them wholesale but they're still good to use as a base. That and it's just an excuse for me to play MvC3.

Speaking of the moveset, though, it would really help me if I knew a direction of where to go with the animations. Though it seems like in the fighting games Zero is more or less a glass cannon: if you could combo with him he was awesome but his health drained kinda fast. So I'd imagine Zero as either a fast and light character or a standard character. But, of course TvC and MvC3 aren't Brawl, so I could be way off base here.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #142 on: February 16, 2011, 08:13:58 PM »

As far as the Z-buster goes, it would make the most sense just to leave it as a neutral-b move. Seeing as how Zero could only use it standing still in X5 and X6, it would work out just fine.

With animations, I finished up another two anims. Looking at Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Zero's animations are really fluid and just look really good. I'm getting it this weekend, so after I enjoy it for a while I'll start taking some inspiration from that for animations. For obvious reasons I wouldn't use them wholesale but they're still good to use as a base. That and it's just an excuse for me to play MvC3.

Speaking of the moveset, though, it would really help me if I knew a direction of where to go with the animations. Though it seems like in the fighting games Zero is more or less a glass cannon: if you could combo with him he was awesome but his health drained kinda fast. So I'd imagine Zero as either a fast and light character or a standard character. But, of course TvC and MvC3 aren't Brawl, so I could be way off base here.

The direction were going is a brand new moveset (Mostly). However, the new moveset I have in mind has more options than the last one gameplay wise.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #143 on: February 18, 2011, 10:40:21 PM »

Did you already have your PSA in mind? or are you still coming up with stuff? And are you making your own? or taking combos straight out of the games?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #144 on: February 18, 2011, 10:47:01 PM »

Did you already have your PSA in mind? or are you still coming up with stuff? And are you making your own? or taking combos straight out of the games?

I had my PSA in mind, but I decided to change it. Animations will still be done, we don't need to have a full moveset for general and miscellaneous animations. I'll put up moves as I get ideas.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #145 on: February 19, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »

You are still including his famous wall slide right? Btw how come we havent heard from nuke in a while
    « Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 02:06:23 PM by lYIaXeD OuT » Logged

Rayn
    Extreme Kitten

I gotta learn to fall asleep at reasonable hours..

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #146 on: February 19, 2011, 03:01:40 PM »

didn't you read his thread? he quit hacking until further notice.

Vee and Random's Bucketson | Happily married to Velen
    Personas:
    Luxord (Kingdom Hearts)
    Renard/NegaRen (Lapfox Trax)
    Louis (Left 4 Dead)
    Vinyl Scratch (My Little Pony)
    The Kid (Bastion)
    Tumblr!

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #147 on: February 19, 2011, 06:37:57 PM »

didn't you read his thread? he quit hacking until further notice.

Correction, he quit PSA hacking (his main talent aside form animations).

Though I've decided not to bother him about helping out with the project.

lYIaXeD OuT
    Supreme Kitten

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #148 on: February 22, 2011, 07:38:35 PM »

What exactly is Zero's buster going to be like, any game in particular?

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #149 on: February 22, 2011, 10:24:48 PM »

What exactly is Zero's buster going to be like, any game in particular?

The uncharged state will take from X6, the rest will be from games before that where he uses it, Especially X3, where he has the fourth charge level where he uses a Double Buster + Slash Wave combo.

Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11
    Print
    Jump to: