Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Young Justice: Failsafe team recruitment  (Read 2501 times)
namine207
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: March 30, 2013, 05:50:28 PM »

Hey guys!

So I'm both a big fan of Brawl modding and DC Comics, and with the Young Justice video game coming out in september, I thought of how awesome it would be to take those characters and make a brawl game out of them! Not only are the character designs my absolute favorite of any DC property, but I think it would be awesome to bring their powers to life under the brawl engine.

I've learned how to import fairly well, but it would be awesome to have help! Of course, the project wouldn't begin until the game is released, but until then, I'll be practicing importing on various DC superheroes via DCUO and other games. I'll also be figuring out how to rip the models, music, and areas from the game as soon as it's released.

Effectively, this project is going to be a step by step thing, with little goals that help us achieve the ultimate goal: building a complete game, fairly separate from Super Smash Bros. aside from running on its engine (And Subspace Emissary. No one can change that as far as I know). And if for whatever reason we don't achieve it, that's okay too, at least we'll have made resources that others can use for superhero games and such! Cheesy

So... here're the types of people I'm really going to need:

Moveset designers - I have no experience with movesets whatsoever, so having even one would be absolutely amazing!

People who are good with sawnds - I can rip the sounds from the game, but I don't know how to put them in at the  moment. Finding someone to do this would help a lot.

Riggers/Skin Weighters - If you take a look at my importing experiments so far, you can tell that I'm not the best with the skin weights tool. Or maybe it's 3DS Max. Either way, my models typically end up with glitches. I would need people to both combine meshes with brawl skeletons and who have enough knowledge to help me learn how to do it better so I can fix said glitches.

Graphics Designers - I'm fairly good with graphics atm, but it would be cool to have someone help design menu buttons, title screen stuff, character selection screen images, etc.

Update -Here's the list of characters that are currently confirmed to be in the game:

Nightwing
Superboy
Mrs. Martian
Aqualad
Kid Flash
Artemis
Zatanna
Tempest
Beast Boy
Robin
Rocket
Batgirl
Batman
Superman
Green Lantern
Wonder Woman
Red Tornado
Black Canary
Lex Luthor
Sportsmaster
Cheshire
Icicle Jr.
Killer Frost
Black Manta
Psimon
Riddler
Blockbuster
Bane
Klarion
(Most likely Catwoman. I'm just waiting for it to be Catwoman.)

And if I think of anything else, I'll add it in! Luckily, we have plenty of time until September to find out what else we'll need to do and plan who goes over who. I'll add in a list of YJ: Legacy characters as soon as I can and hopefully I'll be able to find like minded people to assist with it! If not, that's okay too. I'm totally willing to work by myself. Smiley

Thank you so much for reading this much! If you can think of any things I haven't thought of regarding doing this project, please reply, I'd love to hear them.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 05:55:26 PM by namine207 » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: