Question: :|
|: - 1 (8.3%)
c: - 7 (58.3%)
:[ - 2 (16.7%)
>:U - 2 (16.7%)
:T - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 61
Author Topic: Ridley's Lair: Hats  (Read 308856 times)
Gamma Ridley
~Mercenary~
Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 09:23:18 PM »

~~~ULTRA HYPER MEGA NECRO BUMP~~~

Bumping this old thing with progress of a new thing I've been working feverishly on:

That's right, it's exactly what you think it is.

What is it, you ask?

Well, it's this:

Yup.

The Metroid Queen's lair.

Woo.

Now, I realize that I have yet to actually complete a stage, but I'm actually very close to finishing this thang.

The only thing left is to get the Metroid Queen model working in-game, as well as to find a less plain background, throw some Metroids in, and finish texturing some stuff.

So yeah.

bye

Ultraxwing
    Holy Kitten

Master of the Vault!

• Awards Constructive Hot Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 09:54:28 PM »

i KNEW you were working on the most legendary Gameboy stage ever made in history.

as soon as i saw the first preview. i came a thousand buckets. then you confirmed it.

well the white ocean is now in play.

in all seriousness. do you plan on vertexing Giga bowser? or do you plan on making it a 3d sprite that moves and does all th things the metroid did?

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 09:56:20 PM »

i KNEW you were working on the most legendary Gameboy stage ever made in history.

as soon as i saw the first preview. i came a thousand buckets. then you confirmed it.

well the white ocean is now in play.

in all seriousness. do you plan on vertexing Giga bowser? or do you plan on making it a 3d sprite that moves and does all th things the metroid did?

Glad you enjoy it. XD

And no, I'm not doing anything crazy like vertexing it. I have the actual model from Other M, but its texture just isn't cooperating. /: It looks very strange, for now. Hopefully I'll find some way to fix it.

Carnage
    God Kitten

(retired)

• Awards Constructive Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Starstormer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: June 17, 2011, 07:26:26 AM »

so how is mew project going btw and the stage looks cool even though i never played any metroid game Cheesy

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: June 17, 2011, 07:43:15 AM »

Don't you wish the Other M models would just work with brawl? God i'd love to see the Metroid Queen, MB and such on a stage. I'd DIE if that happened xD (Yes i'm an Other M fanboy, blame me! XD)

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »

so how is mew project going btw and the stage looks cool even though i never played any metroid game Cheesy

Thanks. :]

As far as progress on Mew, well.... I haven't worked on it  lately. /:

I've been kinda busy, and the only free time I have in the day is late at night.

And this stage is taking up a surprisingly large amount of time...

We'll see how things turn out.

Don't you wish the Other M models would just work with brawl? God i'd love to see the Metroid Queen, MB and such on a stage. I'd DIE if that happened xD (Yes i'm an Other M fanboy, blame me! XD)

Yeah, I wish she'd just cooperate. -.-

SmashHackers managed to get a bunch of them working in-game, but for some reason Queenie doesn't look right...

And hey. I loved Other M too.

So what. =P

TruePhilosopher
    Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• Awards Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: June 18, 2011, 02:29:23 AM »

MB aka Melissa Bergman should be in Brawl, complete with a PSA!!!  This would be too epic for words.  I also loved Other M!

Also are Other M models .mdl0 format?  If so I could try to get the model to work/look proper for you, assuming no one else is doing this.  From my knowledge I'd just have to hex the animation data to fit Brawl format and of course turn the model to be in the correct position on your stage.
    « Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:33:50 AM by TruePhilosopher » Logged

Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2011, 06:28:07 PM »

MB aka Melissa Bergman should be in Brawl, complete with a PSA!!!  This would be too epic for words.  I also loved Other M!

Also are Other M models .mdl0 format?  If so I could try to get the model to work/look proper for you, assuming no one else is doing this.  From my knowledge I'd just have to hex the animation data to fit Brawl format and of course turn the model to be in the correct position on your stage.

I appreciate the offer. Yes, Other M uses .mdl0, but the problem isn't getting the queen to work in game.

The problem is getting her textures to look right. I can place her correctly and animate her and stuff, but I just need her textures to not look... weird.

If you want, I could PM you the file and you could take a look at it.

TruePhilosopher
    Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: June 18, 2011, 06:34:43 PM »

Are the textures not allocating correctly or are you saying they just look strange on the model and need to be edited via Photoshop, Gimp, etc.?

Married: N/A | Dad: LenSho | Bros: dRage ~ Robz ~ Oizen ~ Vish | Nephew ~ Seraph

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2011, 06:39:33 PM »

Are the textures not allocating correctly or are you saying they just look strange on the model and need to be edited via Photoshop, Gimp, etc.?

I'm honestly not sure what's wrong with them....

Demonslayer hexed the Queen's file so that the AnmClr and AnmTexSrt folders and the stuff contained within them work fine and won't crash them game.

The textures are all in the proper format, size, etc. But I think the problem is that something is supposed to disable certain things at certain points, but that's not happening...

I realize how vague and uneducated that sounds, so I'm just gonna PM you the file so you can have a look at it.

TruePhilosopher
    Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: June 18, 2011, 09:37:34 PM »

It's so odd, because it does work perfectly fine in BrawlBox.  No matter the edits I made to it I couldn't get the textures to pop up.  It seemed like the Metroid was pulling from various resources around it at times to even have a texture. What method did Demonslayer use to convert the model?  404's or FortWaffle's method?  I'd say maybe try the other conversion out and see if you get any different results.  I think there definitely is something wrong in the Hex, however I'm not quite sure where to look in the file to find the problem.  Sad

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #56 on: June 18, 2011, 09:39:25 PM »

I'm not even sure. SmashHackers did all the ripping and hexing, so I'd have to ask him...

Demon just fixed a few things so that I wouldn't freeze.

I'll check.

TruePhilosopher
    Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #57 on: June 18, 2011, 09:48:10 PM »

A random thought just occurred...Does or did the Metroid have an animation that controlled/changed the textures? It may be as simple as having that.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2011, 09:50:57 PM »

That was what I was thinking.

My guess would be that there's something missing that's supposed to control it's textures.

Unfortunately, that's all that came in the .brres  /:

Other than the clr0 file and whatever is contained within the AnmTexSrt folder, there was nothing else.

*sigh*

TruePhilosopher
    Extreme Kitten

Pirate aficionado...

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #59 on: June 18, 2011, 10:08:08 PM »

Tell them to check the battle event data if they could as the texture animation data is probably in there somewhere.  Either that or you'll have to figure out what controls the texture allocation in the hex file and edit it to map correctly without the need for the animation.

Pages:  1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 61
    Print
    Jump to: