Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sentinal of the Ruined Metropolis -Shinbora-  (Read 3081 times)
Aether
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic Favorite'd

• View Profile Awards
    « on: December 09, 2010, 02:17:33 AM »

Long ago, in the lands of Unova there stood a massive city. Fearing the world outside, its citizens created or recruited a powerful being, Shinbora, to protect their lands forever. As the years went by, the city fell to ruin by some unknown cause, leaving only a few stone chambers, buried in the sand, and their eternal protectors, to roam the dunes forever.

Shinbora, the Pseudo-Bird Pokemon Joins the Fray!

This is what we are trying to make

As you can see, this is a vertex over Metaknight. I also plan to make a PSA Moveset once this is finished.

Model Changes:
    -Metaknight's mask will be moved up and vertexed into Shinbora's head.
    -His hand's will be vertexed into Shinbora's trident shaped limbs.
    -As a start, his feet will be vertexed into Shinbora's tail.
    -Need a texture to go with the vertexing.
    -His wings will be vertexed to resemble Shinbora's wings.
    -Arms will be resized a little larger.
    -Current Tail will be scrapped. It needs to be made out of his cape.
    -Metaknight's feet will be made into the spikes on the lower part of Shinbora's Torso.
    -Minor details need to be perfected. (neck and hands need to be larger for example)
    -Needs higher quality texture.

Credits:
    Aether: Head
    Weyard: Tail and texture
    AdfroMan: Trident Arms

If you would like to attempt anything just ask. Credit will be given for any help we receive. I should ask before hand that you make any changes on a fresh Metaknight model. I can then move the changed parts over into my official model. Its not that i dont trust you, im just too lazy and annoyed with mediafire to upload it  Undecided

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:31:41 AM by Aether » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 02:18:18 AM »

lol your link to his Wiki page is messed up.

Ok I think the way this is gonna work is:

UPDATES PERTAINING TO THE MODEL AND TEXTURE WILL BE UPDATED IN THIS POST, WHILE AETHER'S INITIAL POST WILL BE USED FOR INTRODUCTION, PROJECT STATUS, CREDITS, TEAM STATUS, AND PSA/MOVESET RELATED THINGS.

The Ridley project is on hold until we can get some help with specials, my Saturos project is just going slow, and I've finished/gave up on all of my pending requests, so I'm going to be working on this a little.

I'm doing the texture and vertex work right now as Aether supervises, as he has no idea how to use the new vertexing method.  

As you can see, Metaknight's texture warps weirdly on his body, so it made the green-teeth things sort of slanted. I'm going to try to fix that, but if I can't get it to look right, it's going to remain as it is in the above pictures.

Texture to do list:
    -Wing textures
    -Get eye to work right
    -Leg/tail textures (they'll probably just be gold for now, because they are stretched in such a way that I don't think I'll be able to get the stripes on them.)
    -Update texture if needed.

Vertex to do list:
    -Vertex wings
    -Make arms larger
    -Vertex cape into tail (if possible)
    -Once/if above is finished, need to replace the legs with default Metaknight legs so I can make the white spikes

Be warned, the picture Aether posted isn't exactly truthful. He painted the eye on because I'm still having some problems getting the "visor" into that slot without distorting it. It should look just like that by the time I get the first batch of new pictures out.
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 05:02:00 AM by Weyard » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: