Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Riivolution Help  (Read 6399 times)
Xaro
Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: December 10, 2010, 05:56:17 PM »

Hey all! Where do the common5.pac and other specific files go if I'm using Riivolution. I've found http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=11743.0, but can anyone be more specific?

Like where CSS files, SSS files, common5.pac, common3.pac, and other system files go?

Victory Badguy
Slightly Different
Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 06:13:00 PM »

It all depends on the .xml file that you are using.  Can you show us which ones you are using, or are you just using the Brawl+/-/whatever version provided in the guide?

Xaro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 06:38:11 PM »

i used these files and instructions:
    Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I launch texture hacks/codes on a SDHC (over 3GB) or USB drive? Hide
    If you're launching it from Gecko OS, texture hacks, stage textures/hacks, Brawl+, Brawl-, Balanced Brawl, etc. will not work from SDHC cards in Brawl because Brawl's programming doesn't read SDHC cards, but will launch Gecko OS codes.

If you do want texture hacks, Brawl+ or any type of code-related goodness from a SD card, SDHC card, or even a USB drive, google for "Riivolution". Riivolution will let you replace any file from your SD/SDHC/USB, as well as run codes.

1) Download Riivolution. Again, I emphasize using Google for it. Extract it to your SD card or USB drive.

2) Make a folder in the root of your SD card/USB drive called "riivolution". You should have "apps" and "riivolution" in the root. Inside "riivolution", download codehandler.bin from here and place it in the "riivolution" folder.

3) Download modlauncher.xml and save it inside the "riivolution" folder.

4) Launch Riivolution from your favorite loader. It should bring up the options for Ocarina, but everything should be preset for you to hit "Launch".

It should look similar to this:

So, you may be asking, where do I place Brawl+, Brawl- or even my regular brawl codes? My texture hacks? Look no further:
    Where to place things:
    =========== Where do I place my mods? ===================

X:/brawlmods/bbrawl/ - Balanced Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlminus/ - Brawl Minus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/brawlplus/ - Brawl Plus. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/custom1/ - Custom Set #1. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/custom2/ - Custom Set #2. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",
    "info", "info2", "menu", "menu2", "module", "stage" and "system" folders as well.

X:/brawlmods/projectm/ - Project: M. RSBE01.gct goes in this folder, as well as all of the other "pf" files.

X:/brawlmods/vbrawl/ - Regular Brawl. RSBE01.gct goes in the root of this folder. Contains "fighter",

=========== Where do I place my music? ===================

X:/brawlmods/music/ - Where you place "info.pac", and optionally, "smashbros_sound.brsar".
    X:/brawlmods/music/strm/ - Where you place all of your BRSTM files to be used in game.

=========== Where do I place my textures? ================

X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/ - All of the character textures go here, e.g. X:/brawlmods/textures/fighter/captain/FitCaptain00.pac
    X:/brawlmods/textures/info/ - Anything that belongs in "info" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu/ - Anythin that belongs in "menu" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/textures/menu2/ - Anything that belongs in "menu2" or "pfmenu2" goes in here.
    X:/brawlmods/stages/ - All stage textures (pac) + any module files (rel) go here.

=========== How about my movies (THP files)? =============

X:/brawlmods/movies/ - Place any THP files you have in here.

If you want to discuss Riivolution or get help/support, read the Riivolution topic in the Workshop.

from this thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262863

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 07:02:17 PM »

Ah, so you used the modlauncher.xml.  You put the common5 and common3 in the brawlmods/textures/system folder.  CSS and SSS stuff have to go into the common5 file.

Xaro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 07:08:21 PM »

do i have the version to where I always have to have the _en on file names? or does it matter with my codes?

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 07:52:13 PM »

If you're using the version in the guide, then no, you don't have to have _en at the end of your common# files.  Trust me, this is the same version that I use, and neither my common3 nor my common5.pac have _en at the end.

Xaro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »

everything's working now! thanks a lot!

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 08:48:33 PM »

No problem.  If you need anything else, feel free to ask.

Xaro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 11, 2010, 05:35:40 AM »

anyone got a good guide on how to make strap loader screen?

also, i've got the grand stadium stage texture over pictochat and it didn't work. game would freeze and wouldn't load when I select pictochat. so i switched it to pokemon stadium and the same thing happened. any idea how to fix this?

btw, here the file i'm talking about: http://www.mediafire.com/?337bpm5e8x3g8xu
    « Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 03:29:25 PM by Xaro » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: