Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Just thought I'd ask.......What do you think of Metroid Other M??
It's good. I didn't have any problems with the story or how Samus was portrayed.
I liked the game but I didn't like the way that Samus was portrayed.
I hated it. They made Samus into a whiny little girl.
I hate other M because Samus showed human emotion. I hate human emotion.

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 35
Author Topic: Sol Sanctum- Daily Updates- M:OM Samus FINAL Powersuit Preview  (Read 180192 times)
Weyard
Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #240 on: January 18, 2011, 04:38:01 PM »

k shadowsnake. I'll pm you when I'm finished so we can synchronize the releases. If you finish before me, pm me first.

Hey. I've been watching this thread for a while, and I must say, you've got some great vertexes. And for your recent poll, is it possible for him to have glowing pupils as his FS eyes, but empty sockets normally?

Yes it's possible. I could just leave his normal pupil texture fully transparent, then have a red/blue pupil for the FS eyes. If "no eyes" wins, I'll do this for sure.

As far as glowing goes, the best I could do is have a somewhat dull color with white in the center to make it appear brighter than it actually is. I have no idea how to edit lighting effects/glows.

I'm really disappointed that I can't edit his minions though. Anyone know if you can replace them with a different model with no problem?

Fedora Warrior
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #241 on: January 18, 2011, 04:48:46 PM »

I'm not sure about the model replacement...but it sounds plausible.  If not, is it possible to merely texture them?  If so, you might be able to create some Death-esque minions.

I don't care if you had an all-night gaming session the night before. The answer on your Biology Test is a "Leech," not a "Metroid."

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #242 on: January 18, 2011, 04:52:42 PM »

I'm not sure about the model replacement...but it sounds plausible.  If not, is it possible to merely texture them?  If so, you might be able to create some Death-esque minions.
    I didn't try model swapping back when I tried to vertex it, but it didn't work for Toad, so I'd imagine it's the same circumstances here.

I'm going to have to look through the entire monster list on the Castlevania wiki to see if anything fits.

He doesn't really summon monsters, just scythes, so it's going to be pretty lame either way :/

Fedora Warrior
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #243 on: January 18, 2011, 05:53:45 PM »

I was thinking more along the lines of inventing a minion for him.  And it could be lamer...he could still be DDD. XD  Personally, ANYTHING is an improvement over DDD.

I don't care if you had an all-night gaming session the night before. The answer on your Biology Test is a "Leech," not a "Metroid."

lucas_irineu
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Dedicated Hacker

« Reply #244 on: January 18, 2011, 06:38:59 PM »

You can still edit the minion's textures, right? Just turn them into skulls or something, I'm sure people won't mind. Tongue

Fedora Warrior
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #245 on: January 18, 2011, 06:42:13 PM »

lucas_irineu, you pretty much read my mind there. XD

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #246 on: January 19, 2011, 05:36:58 AM »

DDD's minions are in the pac file right?
    so it would affect all slots?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #247 on: January 19, 2011, 06:45:46 AM »

DDD's minions are in the pac file right?
    so it would affect all slots?

Yes. I probably won't be messing with them though. If I do it will be optional of course.

-
    Today's updates:

I moved Death's ribcage up to the proper place, brought his hood down to cover a bit more of his face, made his hat smaller, made the scythe blade bigger. I just need to update his texture now.

I also put some stray back hair on Hihidaruma's eyebrows so they are the right color when viewed from straight on now. I'll probably use more so it's correct from the side as well. His eyebrows have been brought forward to cut diagonally into his eyes so he looks angry. I forgot to do this in the earlier version. I just need to update his texture as well.

I'm going to test both of them in-game later today and get some pictures.

The Death Eye poll will be closed at 1pm eastern time. If "with eyes" wins, he will have small blue eyeballs normally, with red ones during FS. If "no eyes" wins, he will have nothing in his eye sockets normally, but he will have red fiery eyes during FS.

Edit:

The texture updates are finished. I copied Hihidaruma's colors from his official art, so he isn't all bright and Elmo-y now. Death's hat has been greyed down to differentiate it from his hood (which has been extended a bit so it actually looks a little like a hood now. The eye sockets are empty right now and will be empty in the upcoming pictures.

10 minutes until the poll is closed, vote quickly if you haven't already done so.

Expect pictures within the hour.

The poll is closed.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:43:51 AM by Weyard » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #248 on: January 19, 2011, 11:42:56 AM »

-

I cleaned up my last few posts so it doesn't look like I've been triple/quadruple posting shhhh, don't tell anyone.
    -
    My last post would have been huge if I just added this to it, so here it is:

The poll has been closed. Death will have eyes in this version*

New Pictures:

Yes the Scythe blade is now ridiculously long. I didn't' take into account that it would go into the ground :/. I'm going to shorten it back to the size it was in the first picture.

Texture has been updated a bit. But it is still not finished. I'm going to change the colors a little.

The hood covers too much of his face. I'm going to bring it back up to where it was in the earlier picture.

Forgot to get rid of Dedede's normal pupils so they are there ruining the picture. Beady blue eyes will be in the place of them in the final version.

*I've decided that I'm going to do at least 2 different versions. Sorry to say, but I'm probably going to be delaying ShadowSnakes Dracula a bit longer, if he still wants to release them at the same time that is.

This version is sort of a custom mixed design Death. It looks like Death, but it isn't one of his traditional looks, so I'm not very satisfied with it.
    The next one will be closer to the SotN version. Meaning it will lose the hat, and just have a hood. The neckguard will be reduced to a small colar.
    The last will just have a skull head with red eyes normally. Not sure if it will have the neckguard or just a simple colar. The color scheme will obviously be a bit different on the last two.

I'm thinking about making his entire head thinner and taller for the latter two as well. So they look less like a Dedede recolor.

This version is nearly finished, so I should be able to do the other two within the week, maybe releasing them around Sunday or Monday. They will all be released in one package with an optional .pac for recolored minions. I'm debating whether to attempt to vertex his GunHammer into a Skull Mace or something. Not sure though.

Lastly, some new pictures of Hihidaruma. His updated texture didn't seem to work for some reason. I'm going to look into it and see if I can figure out why.

At least you can see one corrected eye and brow. The right one looks correct in BrawlBox, but its all messed up in-game. No idea why it's doing that. I'm going to work on it a little more tonight and see if I can fix it.

The only model changes left to make is attempting to put some hair on the sides of his eyebrows so they are colored correctly from side views.
    « Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 11:46:20 AM by Weyard » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #249 on: January 19, 2011, 04:29:36 PM »

Death is looking pretty sweet. I love me an awesome Dedede vertex. ^^

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2011, 09:55:09 AM »

I'm considering the custom Death's model finished now. I've made a few updates since the last screenshots, but it basically looks the same. If I get time tonight I'll finish up it's texture. I've started on the SotN version. So far I have removed the hat. I am going to work on his hood right now. The final version has nothing on his head, while the rest of the body is basically the same as the last two, so it should go much faster.

Oh and he doesn't have skeletal hand textured mittens anymore. I managed to vertex his mittens into hands with 2 fingers and a thumb each. It isn't accurate, but it's better than a mitten right?

Haven't made any changes to Hihidaruma today. He's basically finished though. I just need to fix his eyebrow.

edit:

Upon further investigation,  I can't find any reason for it being see-through like that. The best I can figure is that I used the faces in such a way that it is considering that portion as the "inside" of a one sided material. I'm going to change it to 2 sided and see if that fixes it.

Hopefully I'll be able to release it in a few days.

The first two Death models are finished. Will be starting textures for them later tonight. The final model won't be started until I get a solid texture finished.

I really want to do a Snake or Mario project next.... Anyone got any ideas?
    « Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:57:50 AM by Weyard » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2011, 04:50:09 PM »

Update:

I managed to fix Hihidaruma's eyebrow. I changed his head's material type to 0 so it is now two sided.

Hihidaruma is finished. But one of the pieces of hair I added to his eyebrows is moving around in-game for some reason. Apparently it has some sort of wind physics or something affecting it. It doesn't have bones, so I don't know how to go about making it stop.  I have a thread asking for assistance here. http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=19243.0  Please go there for more information.

Hihidaruma will not be released until I can get this fixed. Death is still on track, but its going slowly. I will also not be releasing Death until Hihidaruma is finished and out of the way. I'm trying to clear out both of my active projects at once so I can do a new poll.
    « Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 01:21:42 PM by Weyard » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #252 on: January 22, 2011, 01:24:09 PM »

The issue with Hihidaruma's eyebrows cannot be resolved. I will just have to remove this piece. I'm going to do so today and I might possibly be able to release him later today.

Death is still on hold until Hihidaruma is released.

I have also started on ... another project.

Take this as a preview and hint as to what it is. I'm finished working on this project for now. I just got it far enough along for this image. I won't start working on it full time until Hihidaruma and Death are released.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #253 on: January 22, 2011, 03:21:34 PM »

is that baby bowser?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #254 on: January 22, 2011, 03:46:45 PM »

is that baby bowser?

lol you mean this? no

I'm not sure...guess you'll just have to find out later.

Hihidaruma/Darmanitan has been released.

You can find it here:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=15915

I think I might just be doing one Death afterall. The mixed one ended up looking awesome enough in-game for my standards. I'll make a poll asking if I should just release the one and end it, or do 3 versions. I'll let the visitors to this thread decide while I work on my secret project.

Here's two up-to-date pictures of Death, showing both eye colors. It is pretty much finished now, I'll just wait and see how the poll turns out before I take the next step.

Pages:  1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 35
    Print
    Jump to: