Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Just thought I'd ask.......What do you think of Metroid Other M??
It's good. I didn't have any problems with the story or how Samus was portrayed.
I liked the game but I didn't like the way that Samus was portrayed.
I hated it. They made Samus into a whiny little girl.
I hate other M because Samus showed human emotion. I hate human emotion.

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 35
Author Topic: Sol Sanctum- Daily Updates- M:OM Samus FINAL Powersuit Preview  (Read 179491 times)
Weyard
Holy Kitten

Vertex/texture creator-PSA tester

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic KCMM Veteran Heart Container Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #360 on: July 06, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »

Turns out I wasn't getting the whole story and size modding is significantly more time consuming/complex than I was initially told.

would someone who knows how to do it mind doing it for me??? I would need him to be scaled to 8/10 his normal height. If so, I'll get you the files as soon as I can package them up.

If no one wants to help me, I'll just have to release him without it. I'll make my decision tomorrow.
    « Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:28:56 AM by Weyard » Logged

xxmasal22xx
    Holy Kitten

The epic importer

• Awards Hot Topic Dedicated Hacker KCMM Veteran Heart Container

« Reply #361 on: July 07, 2011, 04:20:29 PM »

Turns out I wasn't getting the whole story and size modding is significantly more time consuming/complex than I was initially told.

would someone who knows how to do it mind doing it for me??? I would need him to be scaled to 8/10 his normal height. If so, I'll get you the files as soon as I can package them up.

If no one wants to help me, I'll just have to release him without it. I'll make my decision tomorrow.

Is it alright if i do a full slot one???

By the way, I think every active hacker in this forum could use less distractions.

MEMORABLE QUOTES:
    Tcll:  I <3 69
    xxmasal22xx: Hey, you should probably go to the hop[censored]al
    BlackJax96: everything is so ROUND

[SPOILERED. Reason: Whole signature size must be under 250px.]

Join my website, Brawl Imports, a gathering place for importers!
    http://brawlimports.proboards.com/index.cgi

Support Project Darkrai? Put the official Project Darkrai banner in your siggy!
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #362 on: July 07, 2011, 06:58:31 PM »

Is it alright if i do a full slot one???
    nah I'm looking for a one-slot really.

I would rather not have it at all than have it affect all slots. He's only about 2 inches too short anyway. The model is accurate enough that it won't matter too much.

I downloaded the trophy model and it looks like it's accurate enough for my liking already. I'll just release it tomorrow with a dull texture more like it should appear on Brawl, then another with the same brightness as his trophy.

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #363 on: July 07, 2011, 09:15:22 PM »

I finished both textures and have already put together the .rar.

Here are some new pictures of both textures:

Brawl style texture:

New Trophy-based Texture:
    [/URL][/img]

I greatly prefer the trophy one, even though its so much brighter than everyone else that it doesn't really fit in too well.

The symbol on the chest is really uneven now. It wasn't bright enough to really tell before but its very noticeable on these updated textures. If I get time tonight/tomorrow I'll try to clean up the vertices there a little further.

It will be released after I wake up tomorrow.

-

Thinking about running a test run of Wario's Wicked disguise and Rudy the Clown(final boss of one of the wario games) (both would be on Wario, Rudy would look best with no arms/legs, nothing but head body and fists, as he appears in the game. But he has concept art in which he has all of his limbs, so if I can't make them invisible easily I'll just keep them.) They will be added to my to-do-list on the OP when I update it either way.
    « Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 03:06:32 AM by Weyard » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #364 on: July 08, 2011, 01:45:44 AM »

PICO HAS BEEN RELEASED

You can find it here:

I decided to throw out the texture I had made myself. The trophy texture just looks so much better on him.
    The thumbnails above are all new. There are a few pictures of the vehicle and a few of the FS glitch.

This one was a lot of fun. I'm definitely thinking about trying another F-zero character later. Not sure who it would be though.

--

Next hack to be released is Ganon. I'll try to finish up his texture this weekend and get him released early next week.

Then Menardi..... If Joker can't figure out what's wrong with the transformation, then I'm not sure where to go with it. It isn't going to be very accurate if it even ends up recognizable. Zelda isn't a good character to put Menardi on. The hair is mostly the problem. It's impossible to give it the curved pieces of hair that Menardi has.

After making my decision about Menardi, I will move onto Wicked Wario (http://www.mariowiki.com/Wicked_Wario) and/or Rudy the Clown (http://www.mariowiki.com/Rudy_the_Clown).

The winner of the poll (Sveta is in the lead right now) will be after that.
    « Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:29:24 AM by Weyard » Logged

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #365 on: July 08, 2011, 07:27:59 AM »

I just made a quick little video of Pico in-game.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8j9pG48YEA" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8j9pG48YEA</a>

Sorry about the quality. At least the webcam didn't decide to lag through the fast movement or it could have been a lot worse.
    « Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:28:52 AM by Weyard » Logged

DevMasters
    Expert Kitten

... To Epic.

• Awards Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #366 on: July 08, 2011, 10:55:43 AM »

I heard that you where taking request and was wondering if it where possible for to make a vertex of Kafei from Majora's Mask please. Ether Toon Link or Lucas would make a good Kafei. I'm shocked that nobody has made him yet.

R  U  O  K!!!?

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #367 on: July 08, 2011, 04:23:04 PM »

I heard that you where taking request and was wondering if it where possible for to make a vertex of Kafei from Majora's Mask please. Ether Toon Link or Lucas would make a good Kafei. I'm shocked that nobody has made him yet.
    Several people have attempted him I know. Not sure why no one ever finished a fully vertexed one.

I'll add it to my list.

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #368 on: July 08, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »

havent downloaded yet, but did u also edit or remake the spc texture? and did u make the siro completely black??

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #369 on: July 08, 2011, 04:59:09 PM »

havent downloaded yet, but did u also edit or remake the spc texture? and did u make the siro completely black??
    Are you talking about Pico or Menardi? On Pico,  I replaced it with the ref/siro (can't remember which it was) from Pico's trophy textures. Looks nice in-game.
    « Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 05:00:03 PM by Weyard » Logged

Mochtroid127
    Mega Kitten

No one man could have all that POWER!

• Awards PC Core Gamer 128-bit Pro Gamer Active Contributor

« Reply #370 on: July 08, 2011, 09:05:10 PM »

'The hitman that flies at the speed of sound: Pico!' Nice. Love Pico.

I saw that you are taking requests and wondered if I could request something Metroid-related. Possibly one of the hunters from Prime 3 I don't know about Ghor, but Gandrayda would be perfect for ZSS and I have a strange feeling that Rundas would work for Lucario. Even a Space Pirate Trooper from any game would be awesome. I just feel that there isn't enough Metroid, especially with how much Sonic stuff there is now. I would make lots of Metroid stuff if I could, but all I can do are basic textures and BRSTMs.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #371 on: July 08, 2011, 09:08:01 PM »

... Gandrayda would be perfect for ZSS....

This.

A billion times over, this.

I was just thinking about this earlier today.

I swear, if you make Gandrayda, I will explode out of sheer joy.

Ok, maybe not, but I would love it. :]

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #372 on: July 08, 2011, 09:36:35 PM »

I dunno about Gandrayda. She is my least favorite of the Prime 3 hunters, and I don't really like Prime 3 in particular. (but Prime2 being my absolute least favorite).
    I've had some trouble with ZSS's hair any time I've tried to mess with it.
    Is there a ZSS model out there with short hair and no bangs?
    Looks like there is some concept showing her back which could speed up the texture: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/File:Gandrayda_Concept_Art.png
    I'll attempt it at some point.

I've been wanting to try a Space Pirate for a long time. Doesn't matter which type.
    The Prime version would probably do best on Snake (moveset-wise), but it would be kinda hard to make it on him.
    Zebesian Pirates could work on anyone really. It would just be a ton of bone disabling and hand vertexing to get the pincher things right.
    The ones from Prime 3 (the shrimp-like pirates) could work on any of the skinnier characters.

I'm thinking about trying Trace on Samus. Shouldn't be too difficult. I'm sure it would get quite a few downloads. Seems like everyone used him on Hunters. He was really good when camping( lol like metaknight)

Rundus would be somewhat easy to make on Captain Falcon. The moveset would make no sense on him though. It would almost require a psa to get rid of the fire or add ice effects.

I'm going to update the OP tonight and add all of these to my list anyway. As I do test runs of them they might work out good and I'll actually do them.
    I'll remove all of them that I don't feel like doing anymore. There will be a lot of Metroid characters on the list this time from the looks of it.

-

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 09:41:14 PM by Weyard » Logged

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

« Reply #373 on: July 08, 2011, 09:44:45 PM »

I dunno about Gandrayda. She is my least favorite of the Prime 3 hunters, and I don't really like Prime 3 in particular. (but Prime2 being my absolute least favorite).
    I've had some trouble with ZSS's hair any time I've tried to mess with it.

D:

I'm thinking about trying Trace on Samus.

8D

Trace is a great idea.

Sylux would be pretty cool, too.

Well, whatever you decide is fine with me. I'm just glad that Metroid may finally get some representation around here...

Weyard
    Holy Kitten

« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2011, 10:46:29 PM »

D:

8D

Trace is a great idea.

Sylux would be pretty cool, too.

Well, whatever you decide is fine with me. I'm just glad that Metroid may finally get some representation around here...

I'll try Gandrayda for sure, I just don't like her lol.

Dunno which one I'll try first. I'll just do some test runs all throughout this week and see which one sticks.

Looking through the different Space Pirate designs, I'd still say Prime's design is my favorite but I don't think I could make it work. The way it's head comes out of it's chest would require a lot of moving and bone disabling. It would be awesome but really really really time consuming.

The Fusion design (same as OtherM but with cyborg parts) would work pretty well on Sheik.

Then we have the old original design:

Easiest one by far. Not sure who would make the best base though.

Lastly, Prime2's pirates.

The asymmetrical arms makes me think it could only work on Samus.

Which of these Pirate designs is your favorite?

Pages:  1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 35
    Print
    Jump to: