Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Paper Mario coming to your brawls (Seeking help with PSA)  (Read 17456 times)
agentblueberry
Expert Kitten

I like green apples

View Profile Awards
« on: December 22, 2010, 06:22:59 PM »

I'm new to hacking, but I'm getting help from other hackers that show great effort in their work.

Credits:
Flat Mario PSA made by MeleeMaster500
Melee mario vertex made by Powertm
Ground pound came from Mario64 made by haloedhero
As for me, I'm working on the custom animations.

Not finished                                                     Finished                                     Could be revamped
_________________________________________________ ____________________________________________repla ce all mario costumes                                                                                  Red PM texture
custom animations                                                                                              Green PM texture
PSA                                                                                                                       Yellow PM texture
CSP, Portraits, etc.                                                                                               custom animations

I could really use the help! I need animators, and moveset makers, and I need ideas for the moveset

Stats
Weight: light

Moveset
A-Punch
AA-Punch
AAA-hammer swing
S tilt:-Kooper appears and uses power shell. (PM2)
U tilt-Hammer toss (PM 1 & 2)
D tilt-Fire flower
Dash atk-PM slides and spins at the same time. Deals multi hit damage. (PM)
S smash-PM grabs his golden hammer and uses power hammer
U Smash-PM holds Bombette above his head. When Bombette self-destructs, she’ll fly into the air to hit anyone in the air. (PM)
D smash-PM ground pounds on the ground, and two pieces of earth pop out from the ground, hitting anyone nearby (PM)
N air-PM spins. It can reflect projectiles as well as hurting enemies (PM2
F air- Option1: PM grabs his hammer and smashes opponents downward like the ice climbers.
         Option2: PM dives forward. This functions like Athena’s UAB air. (PM2)
B air-Hammer swing spin
D air- Ground pound
U air-Hammer swing

Neutral Special: Hammer drive
Side Special: Super Hammer.this move can reflect projectiles. (PM2)
Up Special: Spring jump. This is a chargeable move (PM2)
Down Special: Hammeerquake
Final Smash: The power of the 7th crystal star

Glide: yes
Crawl: yes

I need more ideas! I’m already working on animation and textures, but I need more help on the PSA. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 11:40:58 AM by agentblueberry » Logged

I'm hungry! Feed me.

MaskedMan
Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 07:18:06 PM »

Is this paper mario based off of The Thousand Year Door, the first one, the last one, or all three?
-I was thinking his glide could be the paper plane he folds into Cheesy
-His down special could be some badge he used in the game. For example, it can be HammerQuake(at least I think that's what it's called). He swings his hammer at the ground, and it can function like DK's down special, in that it has a large hit box on the ground that sends them up Smiley
-If possible, his crawl could be when he rolls up into the tube and rolls on the floor. It would look silly, but fans would appreciate it I'm sure. I would haha
-His utilt could be the hammertoss badge. He just tosses a hammer above him. Perhaps it could be extracted from the hammerbro assist trophy. Or maybe instead of Paper Mario tossing the hammer, Yoshi could come out and throw an egg Cheesy
-I was thinking his dash attack could be based off of the little sliding spin he does in the original paper mario. I don't know if that is what you were trying to say
-For dtilt he could use Vivian and go below ground for a second, then pop up and do an uppercut. Or maybe he could place a fire flower on the ground that sprays fire in front of him for a second or two. Kind of like the Ice Climber's down special, but in one direction

I am so for this PSA. I am not too great at creating anything, but I will be more than willing to help Smiley
Haha, I am currently creating a Crystal King PSA for Dedede Cheesy
So obviously I am a huge fan of the Paper Mario series. If you ever need any help, just let me know. I can't do any serious moveset switches, but I am able to change moves. I just can't create moves from scratch yet. I am going to look into it though

Velen
Resident Lucario
Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 07:21:22 PM »

Some of this seems impossible. I'll just say it right now. A proper Bobbery cannot be made. , cause none of the Bob-Ombs have a Sailor's cap, and making one would be a pain due to lack of vertices. Kooper is easier.

However. I think it would be better to focus Paper Mario around Jumping and Hammering for his attacks, then coming up with something original for the Final Smash.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

agentblueberry
    Expert Kitten

I like green apples

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 08:25:34 PM »

@MaskedMan
     The PSA is mostly based off of  The thousand year door. That’s my favorite Paper Mario. If the down special is hammerquake, then it could be a charge up move. The longer the charge, the larger the range. When the hammer itself hits someone, that person gets impaled into the ground. I prefer to go with the fire flower for d tilt, or have PM roll into his opponent.

@Recovery =D
    What if I tried Bombette instead? She’s just a pink bob-omb. I do want so some more hammer action and jumping action. Are you good with PSA? I could use the help. I’m a better animator.

Interestingly, I managed to turn Mario into a boat for his swimming animations. I want to show a picture! How do I save my computer screen as a jpg or jpeg? I know how to turn Mario into an airplane, but I will wait until Mario can glide.

I'm hungry! Feed me.

Gamma Ridley
    ~Mercenary~
    Boss Kitten

• Awards Featured Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container Famous Hacker

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »

Look up bin2jpeg

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 08:41:23 PM »

Wait, your computer screen, or the in game image? If you mean the computer screen, click Print screen on your keyboard, then go into an image editor and paste. Otherwise, follow Santa Ridley's advice.

agentblueberry
    Expert Kitten

I like green apples

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »

Thanks! Now its easier to show projects

Much better!
    How about now?

http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h375/mariorocks64/?action=view¤t=Screenshot1.png

All I can do is send links.
    « Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 10:08:26 PM by agentblueberry » Logged

I'm hungry! Feed me.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 09:30:15 PM »

Anytime. And remember to get the direct link for the individual image, not the album.

agentblueberry
    Expert Kitten

I like green apples

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 09:38:01 PM »

Can you see the image in the link?

I'm hungry! Feed me.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 09:46:33 PM »

You have to get the direct link, then put [img} image link [/img]

SiLeNtDo0m
    Suffering from Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
    Overlord Kitten

WHAT IN TARNATION?!

• Awards Former PMDT Featured Heart Container >9000

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2010, 02:15:08 AM »

Good luck with this project!  Are you gonna literally make him flat in all the animations?  If so that wouldn't actually be too hard (just set the X axis of the Top N bone to 0.01 or something like that for each animation).

Link40
    Extreme Kitten

You can not resist the power of the Wunderwaffe !

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 07:16:18 AM »

Maybe Paper Mario could use the Pixels he uses in Super Paper Mario ! What do you think about it ?

agentblueberry
    Expert Kitten

I like green apples

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: December 23, 2010, 07:21:02 AM »

@Link40 You could implement some moves your thinking of, because I've never played super paper mario.

I'm hungry! Feed me.

Velen
    Resident Lucario
    Boss Kitten

Insert totally self gratifying [censored] here. ; )

• Awards Famous Hacker Sniper Heart Container Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: December 23, 2010, 08:06:44 AM »

I seriously think Paper Mario should focus on Hammering for two reasons: It gives a lot more room to make moves to base off of, and it could make for a more interesting moveset. Integrating Jumping moves into a moveset would be an extremely difficult task, cause you have to be airborne for them to work, and and of P-Mario's Jump moves involve stomping down on the opponent, so they would get predictable really quick.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6640-9302

agentblueberry
    Expert Kitten

I like green apples

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 08:53:00 AM »

@Velen
     I want paper mario to have a formiddable AI. I could make the rest of his moves like the ice climberss' hammer attacks.

One thing is left: What would be a good F air?

F air- Option1: PM grabs his hammer and smashes opponents downward like the ice climbers.
             Option2: PM dives forward. This functions like Athena’s UAB air. (PM2)
    « Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 08:57:37 AM by agentblueberry » Logged

I'm hungry! Feed me.

Pages:  [1] 2 3 4
    Print
    Jump to: