Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A horrible night to brawl on Yoshi's Island  (Read 6232 times)
Szasz
Mega Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 27, 2011, 04:11:21 PM »

I'm going to make a castlevania II styled texture over Yoshi's Island. I'm thinking of using Akiro's lost woods as a base, as it has the forest as well as stones for platforms. For shy guys I would rip some bats from the castlevania sprite page, but would go for more realistic bats if need be.

I want some ideas though, so your input will be valued. What should replace the shyguy spawners? (ghosts who lift the platforms).

Also, there are several stages with their hazards being removed. This is due to a recent discovery in the STDT section using Brawlbox. My question is, will sound effects be able to tweaked? To make a darker setting for Yoshi's Island would be useless if the jingle that signals the switching of the seasons (simply day and night in this case) rang here and there.

Lastly, any ideas for details would be nice as I am not all knowing when it comes to castlevania. I simply like playing the series' songs.

Thanks

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »

The jingles only ring if you're using the first song (Obstacle Course I think.) If you use other slots, it won't be a problem.

Legendary Super Mario
    Lol Kitten

Cape Feather > Super Leaf

• Awards A Fiery Topic Dedicated Hacker Heart Container

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 09:59:34 PM »

The jingles only ring if you're using the first song (Obstacle Course I think.) If you use other slots, it won't be a problem.

I'm pretty sure they will jingle with any song changed. (I used Wildlands as an example with my old video footage of my Bowser's Island texture for visual proof too.)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt-Eu4bxVkU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt-Eu4bxVkU</a>

skip to about 0:35 to hear the jingle... I wish I could help you get rid of those sound effects but I'm not too good at that sort of thing.

Szasz
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 10:42:30 PM »

heh what a nostalgia trip; I enjoyed that boss fight a great deal.

So far I changed two textures, so I can not really say I have made something that is distinct from Akiro and Flamegoops work.

For the sound effects I will look into editing the STDT values, as that is the rage right now with stages. In the meantime, does anyone know the formula for "night time" textures? One can see them all the time, and I can only guess that they:

1) Lower saturation and/or brightness

2) change the lighting

3) supply a night sky... ( well hopefully I am right in thinking that that is obvious.

I can do 1 and 3, but I have no clue how to change lighting. I don't think I will need to, but I may come back asking for help on the matter.

The bats replaced the shy-guys well, but being 2d, they still stick out.

MonkUnit
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 01:35:16 PM »

You could try replacing the shy guy models with a 3D model and see what happens.

Szasz
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 02:30:31 AM »

This is the reference in case anyone is wondering.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4we8iFk-fY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4we8iFk-fY</a>

0:44 is actually what I use for the large stage picture (hopefully to be included once this is done eventually).

Lighting is located in scene data correct? B1-3? How does one edit those numbers? I can highlight them, but brawlbox won't let me change them. I realize that the stage can only look fantastic if it is truly dark.

MonkUnit
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Favorite'd Dedicated Hacker Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 11:56:15 AM »

Try using BrawlBox 4.0 modset. It has the ability to edit those numbers.

Szasz
    Mega Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »

Wonderful, I will have pictures as soon as I get some good lighting levels.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: