Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Which sand effect do you prefer?
Closer to the front - 6 (35.3%)
Farther in the background - 11 (64.7%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: dRage's one and only Stage Hack: Feedback for revamp needed!  (Read 3953 times)
dRage
Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic Pin Collector KCMM Old Timer

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « on: January 01, 2011, 11:16:39 PM »

Great Desert

I'm currently planning to revamp the stage. I already added some sand effects, right now I have two different versions:

1. Sandstorm close behind the chars

2. Sandstorm farther in the background

Which one do you prefer? (see poll)

I'm also thinking of adding some platforms for people who don't like to play on flat stages. What kind of platform layout would you want to see?

You're welcome to give more suggestions, just keep in mind that adding hazzards and sound effects is beyond my capabillities.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 11:22:08 PM by Dragonrage » Logged

Victory Badguy
    Slightly Different
    Holy Kitten

Electrolytes!

• Awards Staff Helper KCMM Veteran Pin Collector Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 10:11:49 AM »

I'd prefer to see the sand in the background.  Sure, it'd be more realistic if it were closer up, but to me it the farther away sand looks better.

As for platforms, I really don't have any suggestions.  As long as you place them over the stage itself and they aren't too high up, they should be fine.

Beyond
    ♥God of Love
    Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 01:51:19 PM »

I prefer the sand being closer. >_> If you want to make a non-flat version, I would just move the collisions back. Like instead of that front portion where they fight currently, they fight on the center main portion of the boat.

dRage
    Global Moderator

• Awards Famous Hacker Fiery Topic Pin Collector KCMM Old Timer

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 05:35:12 AM »

I prefer the sand being closer. >_> If you want to make a non-flat version, I would just move the collisions back. Like instead of that front portion where they fight currently, they fight on the center main portion of the boat.

In an early version of the stage I had the collisions on the ship itself but parts of the model kept blocking the sight and the right side had a huge wall that made the stage really awkward to play on.

As for the sand effects, I'm currently using the strongest snow effect from the MGS stage with the MH3 sandstorm texture applied. I'll try putting that one in the back and using the medium snow effect for the front.

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: