Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New creator, looking for some quick guidance.  (Read 1664 times)
schlothc
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: January 05, 2011, 12:20:22 PM »

hey guys hows it going. I've been lurking and downloading for awhile but I've only really decided to make it my winter vacation hobby to actually make something. I have a pretty good understand of how everything works, I researched how to vertex hack and how to make recolor textures, and I've done some stuff using maya before, and I'm familiar with working on a computer generator plane using autocad. I've done replacement portraits, and replacement screens, those are all simple to me.

What I'm asking for is, if I were to create a character using say captain falcon as an example, what programs would I need. So far, I have brawlbox, 3d MAX 8, photoshop.

If anybodys curious, I'm making gurren lagann (from the show) using captain falcon's body as the base.

thanks in advance guys.

Beyond
♥God of Love
Special Access

...but nothing happened...

• Awards Hey! Listen! Ceiling Cat Active Contributor >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 12:29:41 PM »

You pretty much have everything. 3DS Max 8, Brawlbox, and an image editing program.

Depending on what method you want to use to vertex hack with, you're either going to need to get DasDonkey Box 2.2 or use MarioKarts script but if you've researched it then you should already know that lol. I personally find his script easier to use, but it's up to you to decide which is best for you.

schlothc
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 08:44:41 PM »

I just downloaded donkey box and I'm going to try that out and see how it goes. any other advice you can throw at me man?

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 06, 2011, 04:53:33 PM »

just wish u best of luck ^^
    hope to see an awesome hack

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: