Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I hate to sound picky, but...  (Read 3171 times)
Giga Man
Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• Awards Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 05, 2011, 06:59:18 PM »

Okay, so I've been working on a custom strap loader. The problem is that the text for MenBoot00_En keeps stretching to what seems to be a fixed size, and no matter how much I edit the size of the png, it always ends up being the same fixed size in the strap loader, just reshaped to fit that size. The reason this bothers me is because I am trying to use this picture (lovely picture, by the way), which I have resized to 232 x 328 to use for MenBoot03, and the white space around the text keeps covering part of the picture.

Now, I know this may be sounding picky, and I know I could easily live with this, but I am very interested to know of any way I can fix this without shrinking the picture any smaller.
    « Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 07:04:02 PM by Giga Man » Logged

TheHatMan
    Hyper Kitten

hee hee he...ITS SHOW TIME!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 06:10:02 AM »

try editing the size in Brawl Box instead of your Photo Editor

and by the way...you don't sound picky

"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning Tongue

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 12:09:53 AM »

Hmm... I don't really see how to edit the size in Brawl Box. I don't see any sizing options anywhere. All I see is something to edit the format and the MIP (which I have no idea what that is). I can't access the pallette editing part unless I put the format on something that is not CMPR.

Also, I just tried to edit the Rosalina picture and see if that helped any, but it didn't. Apparently, it just stays the same size, just lower quality because I shrunk the picture. Now, I'm really stumped. I might have to just live with it...
    « Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:32:23 AM by Giga Man » Logged

TheHatMan
    Hyper Kitten

hee hee he...ITS SHOW TIME!

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 06:15:42 AM »

w8t a sec....are you basing these on what the original strap pic sizes are? cause if your not, then that might be the problem

"I love shanking people" -Sephy (that isnt dirty in anyway)

New Project in in motion, XYZ majorly failed, so project "Dissidia" (somewhat related, but not related to Final Fantasy) beginning Tongue

Project Progress: 2%

Need help with Brawl Modding but don't want to make a fuss about it in the help section...PM me

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

Back from the dead to mod Smash-U

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Star Hacker Starstormer KCMM Veteran

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 07:32:40 AM »

go to the model viewer, and resize TopN bone for all the animations.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 05:30:34 PM »

w8t a sec....are you basing these on what the original strap pic sizes are? cause if your not, then that might be the problem

I am using the original files as a base. The only thing I've changed is the text. I've also found out that I could put the full quality of that Rosalina picture and it will still be the same size in the game as when I had down-sized it, just in better quality.

I wend searching google for what the model viewer is, as I had no clue. I never realized certain files had preview options in the right-click menu. I went to one of the TopN files (I'm not sure which one I should be looking in), and nothing came up when I hit "preview." Same for the other TopN files. It was just a blank space with arrows on each of the four sides of the box, containing things that I do not understand.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 05:43:26 PM »

I am using the original files as a base. The only thing I've changed is the text. I've also found out that I could put the full quality of that Rosalina picture and it will still be the same size in the game as when I had down-sized it, just in better quality.

I wend searching google for what the model viewer is, as I had no clue. I never realized certain files had preview options in the right-click menu. I went to one of the TopN files (I'm not sure which one I should be looking in), and nothing came up when I hit "preview." Same for the other TopN files. It was just a blank space with arrows on each of the four sides of the box, containing things that I do not understand.

when in brawlbox while you have any file open, click on the model brres, the click the folder, a gray box that says mdl0 should be there, right click it, then press view. it shows the model. scroll out to see it, click on the animations on the right and on scale edit the topn bone.

give it a shot.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 07:26:15 PM »

Okay, this is what I did.
    I opened BrawlBox. I opened my StrapEn.pac file.
    I clicked the + next to "BRES ModelData[0]," clicked the + next to the 3DModels(NW4R) folder, and right-clicked on "MDL0 MenBoot0001En_TopN" and clicked "Preview."
    I zoomed out like you said and I saw all the stuff (Yay!), then I clicked on the bone titled "pasted__strap," which is my MenBoot00_En that kept overlapping part of the picture for MenBoot03. I changed the scale X of the bone to a size that made it not overlap the picture for MenBoot03, and it shows in the preview.
    When I start the game, nothing had changed. It was the same as it always had been.

What am I missing? Is there something else I have to edit? If so, what is it?

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 08:13:58 PM »

Okay, this is what I did.
    I opened BrawlBox. I opened my StrapEn.pac file.
    I clicked the + next to "BRES ModelData[0]," clicked the + next to the 3DModels(NW4R) folder, and right-clicked on "MDL0 MenBoot0001En_TopN" and clicked "Preview."
    I zoomed out like you said and I saw all the stuff (Yay!), then I clicked on the bone titled "pasted__strap," which is my MenBoot00_En that kept overlapping part of the picture for MenBoot03. I changed the scale X of the bone to a size that made it not overlap the picture for MenBoot03, and it shows in the preview.
    When I start the game, nothing had changed. It was the same as it always had been.

What am I missing? Is there something else I have to edit? If so, what is it?

you must click on the animations on top right and rescale each animation, otherwise size will remain the same.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 08:48:36 PM »

I did, and it still didn't work. However, some of the text boxes in the "Transform Frame" section turn yellow for some reason?. Is that why it won't work? How do I get rid of that yellow? When I click "Insert," they disappear, but when I re-open the StrapEn, and go back to the model viewer, they come right back.

ShadowSnake
    Venomous Hacker
    Heroic Kitten

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 08:56:19 PM »

I did, and it still didn't work. However, some of the text boxes in the "Transform Frame" section turn yellow for some reason?. Is that why it won't work? How do I get rid of that yellow? When I click "Insert," they disappear, but when I re-open the StrapEn, and go back to the model viewer, they come right back.

it just does, but it wont do it in-game, its just showing what texture/polygon you selected.

if you want me to see whats wrong then send me the file.

I DONT TAKE REQUESTS.

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 09:09:27 PM »

I sent it to you through PM.

Giga Man
    Extreme Kitten

Mega Man is in Smash!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 12:29:35 AM »

I just figured out what to do without editing any bones, and it's the most simple solution anyone could have easily thought of.

All I had to do was open the picture in MS Paint (which I use to edit my pictures) and expand the background just enough so that the MenBoot00_En would not overlap my picture, but just the extra white space I added to it. And, the quality is much better to me now.

I feel so dumb for not thinking of that; however, I thank you guys for helping me. Thank you very much.
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:31:46 AM by Giga Man » Logged

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: