Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 445
Author Topic: Brawl Vault Problems, Updates, and Suggestions  (Read 1833603 times)
Albafika
Anti-Christ
Administrator

• Awards Epic Restorer Super Saiyan Topic Star Hacker PC Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6345 on: November 10, 2013, 09:08:14 AM »

I'm japanese...
    I always return to the Home When I see Brawl Vault.
    I can see page1 ,but I can't see page2.
    Other Japanese also return the home.
    Could you help me?
    Hello! Your answer is here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=64118

Eternal Yoshi
    Heroic Kitten

Boss? Is that you?

• Awards KCMM Old Timer Super Saiyan Topic Active Contributor Former PMDT

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6346 on: November 16, 2013, 01:16:37 AM »

So uhh..... any reason the Brawlvault doesn't have a NSFW section? I think the amount of already existing nude mods warrants such a thing already. I mean, lots of other modding communities have NSFW tags and such.

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6347 on: November 16, 2013, 06:01:40 AM »

So uhh..... any reason the Brawlvault doesn't have a NSFW section? I think the amount of already existing nude mods warrants such a thing already. I mean, lots of other modding communities have NSFW tags and such.
    Because Vyse has been very busy and nobody else codes the vault.

Shun_One
    Lol Kitten

• Awards >9000 Star Hacker Smash 3 Team Pin Collector

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #6348 on: November 16, 2013, 09:32:45 AM »

I have a...well, a notification really. For the resources section of the site, I think it'd be good to link specifically to Photoshop CS2. Adobe is now providing it completely free of charge. All you have to do to get it, is register an Adobe ID and you can download the entire CS2 suite 100% free legit.

Link

I'm no longer around. If you really need to get my attention, send a PM

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

« Reply #6349 on: November 17, 2013, 07:06:46 PM »

There needs to be something added to the rules about permission. It was confirmed to me that there's nothing in the Brawlvault rules about needing permission to submit a hack because It is no longer necessary to get permission to make a submission. And yet, I still see copyright crybaby's going "You did not have my permission to edit this! Delete this [censored] now [censored]!" There should be at least something in the rules letting these copyright tyrants know that they cannot bully others into removing their hacks just because they didn't get permission. We've already discussed this before and decided It best not to have people's creativity suppressed for the sake of "permission", and that people can release edits without permission as long as the original creator is credited/collab'd. But this kind of thing still happens, and It needs to stop.

And before anyone even argues in favor of forcing people to ask for permission, let me quote someone who talked about this very issue better than I did, edited to apply to Brawl hacking.

I know this topic has been addressed countless times over the years, but I'll chime in my two cents anyway.

I think having to ask for permission from a creator to release an edit of a hack is just plain silly.  I understand that it takes incredible effort to produce custom models and to also release a hack based on those models, and the community should certainly respect these efforts.  That is why giving credit to the original author(s) whenever an edited work is released is usually taken very seriously (and rightly so).  But having to ask permission to release a modified hack strikes me as completely unnecessary for a few reasons:
    • I understand that some creators see asking permission as a sign of respect.  However, thinking this through logically, if one did ask permission, and permission was not granted - what then?  Would the entire community then have to accept only the original released contribution, with no chance of it ever being improved upon or given a fresh perspective by someone else?  That would very quickly shut down the ability for any Brawl hack releases to evolve creatively and for the whole community to enjoy a variety of Brawl hacks.  I think crediting the original authors shows enough respect on its own.
    • Many authors have given blanket permission for their works to be used as anyone would like.  One such example is the incredibly prolific and inspirational StarWaffle who has put countless hours of dedication in providing several top-quality releases to the Brawl hacking community.  If a creator such as himself can be totally cool with allowing anyone editing his works as they like, then I think it's only fair to him that the rest of the community responds in kind with their releases as well.
    • It completely violates the spirit of sharing among fan-based Internet communities, which is most likely where the released work would have been posted in the first place.
    Perhaps I can sum this up with an analogy - In the academic community, authors are required to cite/paraphrase/compile existing works when releasing their own academic papers.  However, it would be exhaustively time consuming if authors also had to ask permission from the author(s) of every single source they ever cited in their papers.  More importantly - if permissions were required to release any academic works, that would mean that permissions could be denied, and with enough permissions denied academic development would basically grind to a halt.  It would also violate the spirit of academic research - to continuously learn and evolve from each other's knowledge and contributions over time.  The key here is referencing contributions so that the original authors get all the credit they deserve, while the community as a whole benefits from the derived works.

There, I've already addressed every single issue that could be brought up when auguring about permission.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6350 on: November 17, 2013, 08:16:38 PM »

(Reported: PAL Sucks (32460 DJ SEANY))
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=32835

INVALIDELY reported Just because the author said he'll make a PAL version compatible soon... Mario Facepalm

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

raverrebel
    Expert Kitten

FD w/o items ftw

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6351 on: November 18, 2013, 08:46:57 AM »

i got a bug where the preview pic is on the top of the page and behind there is remaining (html?) code:
    "/>

the page is this:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34982&Moderated=All&facebook=true

is it only me?

here screenshot (zoomed out to get an overview):

normally the picture is more above the kc-mm header..

proud owner of a Project M Hoodie.

ever wanted to customize your StageSelectionScreen? >>here<< you can!

Puraidou
    The one and only
    Social Kitten

• Awards Hey! Listen! PC Core Gamer Heart Container 128-bit Core Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6352 on: November 18, 2013, 08:54:58 AM »

i got a bug where the preview pic is on the top of the page and behind there is remaining (html?) code:
    "/>

the page is this:
    http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34982&Moderated=All&facebook=true

is it only me?

here screenshot (zoomed out to get an overview):

normally the picture is more above the kc-mm header..
    Holy crap, they managed to break this submission.. o_o

I removed the image so the page doesn't break anymore, i'll report it to have him add a normal image.
    « Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:56:02 AM by パンドラのハート » Logged

pichu04
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6353 on: November 19, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »

Do any of yall happen to have the Original Captain Fox file? If ya do will you PM it to me

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6354 on: November 23, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »

Do any of yall happen to have the Original Captain Fox file? If ya do will you PM it to me
    This is not the thread to ask people for that.

You can find them here though (At the bottom): http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/Resources.php
    I have a...well, a notification really. For the resources section of the site, I think it'd be good to link specifically to Photoshop CS2. Adobe is now providing it completely free of charge. All you have to do to get it, is register an Adobe ID and you can download the entire CS2 suite 100% free legit.

Link
    Thanks for sharing, it has been updated with this link. Smiley

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

« Reply #6355 on: November 23, 2013, 04:26:48 PM »

It sounds like he's asking for a texture to be uploaded.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Albafika
    Anti-Christ
    Administrator

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6356 on: November 26, 2013, 06:38:38 AM »

It sounds like he's asking for a texture to be uploaded.
    Correct. I totally misread his post, but whatever. Tongue
    There needs to be something added to the rules about permission. It was confirmed to me that there's nothing in the Brawlvault rules about needing permission to submit a hack because It is no longer necessary to get permission to make a submission. And yet, I still see copyright crybaby's going "You did not have my permission to edit this! Delete this [censored] now [censored]!" There should be at least something in the rules letting these copyright tyrants know that they cannot bully others into removing their hacks just because they didn't get permission. We've already discussed this before and decided It best not to have people's creativity suppressed for the sake of "permission", and that people can release edits without permission as long as the original creator is credited/collab'd. But this kind of thing still happens, and It needs to stop.
    It has been added.

PAVGN
    Holy Kitten

The bitter old man everybody hates.

• Awards Stack Smash Team Hot Topic Favorite'd Pin Collector

« Reply #6357 on: November 26, 2013, 03:52:48 PM »

It has been added.

Thank you very much. By the way, here's a hack that was deleted for this reason: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=34865

http://filesmelt.com/dl/[censored]y.png
    [PICTURE REMOVED. Reason: Total signature pic size exceeds 695x200.]

Iwvi
    Cronic Procrastinator
    Heroic Kitten

Temporarily retired

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Fiery Topic Renowned Hacker Star Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6358 on: November 26, 2013, 04:15:21 PM »

Dunno, there is a gray area there as well. Did Blase make the model himself (or edited sonic enough to consider it something anew)? Cause, I don't see a problem when someone edits a hack. But I think that custom models are another story, I'd ask permission in that case. Also he said he didn't want edits in the description. I don't know, it is also coming from a sonic fan character. People who create sonic "OC" tend to be either too lazy to make something original or to protective of their work.

TokoyamiTheDark
    Holy Kitten

常闇 - Everlasting Darkness

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen Hey! Listen! Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6359 on: November 26, 2013, 05:00:29 PM »

Dunno, there is a gray area there as well. Did Blase make the model himself (or edited sonic enough to consider it something anew)? Cause, I don't see a problem when someone edits a hack. But I think that custom models are another story, I'd ask permission in that case. Also he said he didn't want edits in the description. I don't know, it is also coming from a sonic fan character. People who create sonic "OC" tend to be either too lazy to make something original or to protective of their work.
    Yep, the hack got deleted because it used a custom model of Blase005 - http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28085 (Another Sonic OC, this time over Marth...) while the dude edited it poorly and gave no credit at all to Blase005... This is the ONLY hack that Blase doesn't allow recolors or re-using because it's a custom model, not a game ripped one. Here's the Legal Mumbo-Jumbo by Blase himself : ''I will NOT allow anyone to use this model to make their own Sonic Fan Character!''

EDIT : For the L0LZ, the stolen hack's texture has the same names as the original, but the model is rigged to Lucario instead...

EDIT2 : Seems Blase did a Lucario version, too : http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=28084

So, yeah, ''Onyx'' is a stolen CUSTOM model...Mario Facepalm
    « Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 05:15:33 PM by TokoyamiTheDark » Logged

I lost EVERYTHING from my DropBox storage due to the server crashing, so I no longer have my hacks on the Vault... Sorry! Sad

Pages:  1 ... 421 422 423 [424] 425 426 427 ... 445
    Print
    Jump to: