Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: Music Hacks  (Read 6950 times)
Ratzel
Hyper Kitten

Your mind is my personal play toy!

View Profile Awards
« on: January 08, 2011, 09:20:27 PM »

How do you music hack and what programs do you need? I noticed there are no tutorials on this.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:34:50 PM by Ratzel » Logged

Life Is A Path, Death A Destination. - I Have Seen Where It Grows by Demon Hunter

(specter)
Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 10:12:27 PM »

I'll tell you how I make mine:

Find a song you want on YouTube, go to www.youtube-mp3.org, paste the URL of the song in the box, convert it then download it.

Then open the song in Audacity and save it as a .wav (File > Export as WAV).

Go in BrawlBox and click File > New > Brstm Audio Stream.

You will now be prompted to loop the song, so find two similar points in the song to create a seamless loop.

Keep that open and open up BCSM-GUI. Import the .mp3 song into it, then convert it to a .brstm in BCSM-GUI. In its queue, it will give you the option to set a loop beginning and end; just copy and paste the ones in BrawlBox into here and then convert it.

Now just move it to your SD card -- BCSM-GUI will give you a list of all the songs in the game, and you can just choose from that list what you want to replace.

Ratzel
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 10:35:37 PM »

How do I get BCSM-GUI? I can get .wav files right from my CDs using Windows Music Player thing no problem but can I just use the MP3s that I already have?

Life Is A Path, Death A Destination. - I Have Seen Where It Grows by Demon Hunter

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »

Instead of BCSM-GUI try using brawlbox for brstm making as it's more user-friendly and can use .wav files instead of .mp3s

Segtendo
    Local Marie Fanboy
    Special Access

Cold queen

• Awards Starstormer PC Core Gamer 128-bit Core Gamer Super Saiyan Topic

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 10:40:35 PM »

...there's a tutorial in the Music Hacks section of the board.

: SW-2632-7270-6724

Ratzel
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 10:44:47 PM »

Can I listen to what I'm working on in BrawlBox?

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »

Instead of BCSM-GUI try using brawlbox for brstm making as it's more user-friendly and can use .wav files instead of .mp3s

Well I used to use BB but I was told it outputs to bad quality while BCSM doesn't, thus why I use BCSM now instead of BB.

Can I listen to what I'm working on in BrawlBox?

Yeah; you're able to do this while looping the song, too.

How do I get BCSM-GUI? I can get .wav files right from my CDs using Windows Music Player thing no problem but can I just use the MP3s that I already have?

http://blog.dantarion.com/brawl-custom-song-maker-gui/
    « Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 10:58:36 PM by (specter) » Logged

Chuy
    KC's Mexican Resident
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Pin Collector 128-bit Hardcore Gamer Ceiling Cat

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 10:59:16 PM »

Well I used to use BB but I was told it outputs to bad quality while BCSM doesn't, thus why I use BCSM now instead of BB.

You do know you can use BB to find the loop points then transfer the loop point over to BCSM right?
    Get the best of both worlds AWESOME 2.0!

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 11:04:39 PM »

You do know you can use BB to find the loop points then transfer the loop point over to BCSM right?
    Get the best of both worlds AWESOME 2.0!

Yeah I said that already in this thread lol read my first post.

Keep that open and open up BCSM-GUI. Import the .mp3 song into it, then convert it to a .brstm in BCSM-GUI. In its queue, it will give you the option to set a loop beginning and end; just copy and paste the ones in BrawlBox into here and then convert it.

Ratzel
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 11:13:32 PM »

Now I need step by step instructions on how to use BCSM-GUI.

Ratzel
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #10 on: January 09, 2011, 01:17:49 PM »

Ok, I have gotten a .wav file for the song I want to do but when I try to open it in Brawl Box it has this error message and I can't listen to it or even work on it:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignor this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value does not fall within the expected range.

What do I do? I have tried to ignore the problem but as I said, I can't get it to play or edit.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 01:20:35 PM »

Ok, I have gotten a .wav file for the song I want to do but when I try to open it in Brawl Box it has this error message and I can't listen to it or even work on it:

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignor this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Value does not fall within the expected range.

What do I do? I have tried to ignore the problem but as I said, I can't get it to play or edit.

I've never gotten any kinds of errors when I imported my .wav files in BrawlBox. What version are you using? Did you open the .mp3 in Audacity and converted it to .wav?

Ratzel
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011, 02:55:43 PM »

I'm using BrawlBox v0.63d and a Windows music ripping device that will make the format of the ripped song in .wav.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #13 on: January 09, 2011, 02:58:34 PM »

I'm using BrawlBox v0.63d and a Windows music ripping device that will make the format of the ripped song in .wav.

Try using www.youtube-mp3.org. Copy the URL of the song on YouTube you want, paste it in the box on YouTube-mp3's site, click convert, then download it. Use Audacity to export the .mp3 as a .wav, and then try that. Just try it to see if it freezes -- I'm not saying you have to forever use this method, it's just what I use and I have no problems.

Ratzel
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 03:58:03 PM »

It finally worked but I exported my ripped music using Audacity then it worked just fine in BB. But now it won't loop where I told it to.
    « Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 04:00:32 PM by Ratzel » Logged

Pages:  [1] 2
    Print
    Jump to: