Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  [1] 2
Author Topic: PSA Hack Digimon: Renamon and Flamedramon  (Read 15554 times)
KenForeverLost
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« on: August 21, 2009, 07:41:21 PM »

1. Intro and Updates
2. Pros-Cons
2a. Renamon
2b. Flamedramon

3. Moves
3a. Renamon
3b. Flamedramon

4. Videos
5. Special thanks
6. Downloads (Ctrl-F: tyvm)

NOTE: This is gamelover15 on SmashBoards

1. Intro

Renamon joins the Brawl! Simply put, Renamon is a Rookie level digimon that starred in the third season of the T.V. show Digimon. I also remember her in Digimon World 3 and Digimon Rumble Arena, both on the Playstation. Go to Wiki for more info.
Renamon was always one of my favorite Digimons, the other being Weregarurumon. The texture hack I downloaded look nearly identical to her; so, I decided to make her in Brawl. I didn't know who else to do anyway haha. Also, I've got to say, it was hella fun making a PSA character.

Flamedramon joins the Brawl! This would be my second PSA hack character, and coincidentally, the second digimon and second Lucario hack I've have made. Don't hate! Champion level digimon this time, and an armor one too. Go wiki him for more information.
I actually did this one because a guy (TKO727) on smashboards suggested it. The texture hack was pretty cool, and I did want to experiment more with PSA hacks, so I went for it.

One key thing to mention; I made these characters for BRAWL+! I have not tried her in regular Brawl.

8-21-09: Renamon ver.1 released publicly
9-07-09: Flamedramon ver.1 released publicly, thread changed dramatically

I WILL BE TWEAKING RENAMON! After reading some helpful feedback, I'm going back to Renamon. I wanted to finish Flamedramon first, since I was half way done.
I won't be working on another new character for awhile. I'll be here and there for tweaking, but I got some other things to take care of.

2. Pros-Cons

2a. Renamon
+Runs and dashes quicker, around Pikachu's speed
+Smashes have a little more knockback
+Jumps quicker vertically
+Up-B does not go into helpless state
+Quick dodges
+Combos nicely

+/- Falls faster
-Gets knocked back easily (82 weight, Kirby is 78 weight)
-No range since aura has been removed (One move has good range)
-Can get edged hogged easily (Up-B has no hit frames)
-No disjointed hitboxes (Except one move)
-Damage-increase through aura now only affects two moves
-No Projectile/No decent approach

The aim of Renamon's moveset was a swift attacker, so I tried to get as close to that as possible. To balance a speed attacker, I lowered her weight (Rookie-level Digimon can't take the pain!) and removed the aura that gave Lucario ranged and disjointed hitboxes.

2b. Flamedramon
+Short, short hop
+Good horizontal jump
+Good range
+Added a little bit more shield and weight
+All moves are multi-hitters
+Inflicts high damage

-Falls fast
-Kill moves hit in up right direction (except two)
-Hard to KO opponent at low levels
-Slow running speeds
-Below average vertical jump
-No Projectile

This time, I wanted to make a high-damage inflicter with multi-hit moves. I think it worked out pretty well, but in order to balanced that out, I had to make Flamedramon a weak KO'er, slow, and easy to gimp. Flamedramon is good at pressuring, too.

3. Moves

!!!FORMAT!!!

New Move/Noticeably Tweaked/Minor Tweakage

NAME
DAMAGE - %
# of Hits - #**
KNOCKBACK - (SET/INCREASES)**, (SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE)*
TRAJECTORY - (DIRECTION FROM FACING RIGHT)
SPEED* - (START-UP, HIT BOXES, ENDING)

*Descriptions are estimated. I can look at it technically, but I can't EXACTLY convert intervals to frames/power haha.
** (Set/Increases) is Renamon specific, # of Hits is Flamedramon specific
***PREVIOUS HITS][LAST HIT (This notation is in the Flamedramon set)

(Tell me if any of the descriptions are majorly misleading. Ignore the crappy names =] )

3b. Renamon
Basics
A: Quick Paw
Damage - 3%
Knockback - Set, small
Trajectory - Up Right
Speed - tiny, short, tiny

No more three hit combo! Quick Paw is a basic move, and can combo into other moves because of it's small start-up and ending lag.

Dash A: Upper Kick

Damage - 5%
Knockback - Increases, medium
Trajectory - Up
Speed - medium, medium, medium

Good for setting up combos, but this one does not have a set knockback

Throws and other attacks

All the throws, ledge attacks, and get-up attacks have remained the same with the exception of these: Back throw is angle more up then normal. All throws except down throw had their knockbacks altered slightly. All throws except up throw and forward throw had their aura removed (the other two I couldn't figure out, but are not influenced by damage; so I left it.)

Ground Dodges

Standing Dodge, Forward Roll, and Back Roll all had there frame rates lowered aka. they cancel out quicker. Thus, Renamon can quickly dodge attacks while on the ground.

Taunts

Taunts have remained EXACTLY the same. My bad ^^

Tilts
Tilt Side A: Push Paw
Damage - 4%
Knockback - Increases, small
Trajectory - Right
Speed - short, short, short

One hit move, and this animation is the same as Lucario's second A input. Ending lag is a little bit longer than Quick Paw.

Tilt Down A: Quick Kick
Damage - 5%
Knockback - Set, small
Trajectory - Up Right
Speed - medium, short, tiny

Another combo hitter, similar to Quick paw. Start-up isn't as quick, but ends quickly

Tilt Up A - Upper Kick
Damage - 6%
Knockback - Set, medium
Trajectory - Up
Speed - short, medium, medium

This rarely combos into itself, which I wanted to do. Floaties can escape from getting comboed in the air, everyone else can get hit by a follow up.

Smashes
Smash Side A - Strike Paw
Damage - 14% or 16%
Knockback - Increases, large
Trajectory - Right
Speed - long, medium, medium

Same animation, but no range! This has slightly more knockback than the original, however. Can KO pass 100% (Not exactly sure when)

Down Smash A - Split Paw
Damage - 14%
Trajectory - Right/Left

Yet again, same animation and no range. Pretty much same as Side Smash, but hit boxes are closer to the body and are on both sides.

Up Smash A - Upper Paw

Damage - 13%
Trajectory - Up
Speed - medium, medium, long

This comes out the quickest of the smashes, but ending lag is longer. Other than hitting up, very similar to the other two smashes.

Air
Neutral Air: Spin Paw
Damage - 4%
Knockback - Set, small
Trajectory - Up Right/Left

Tweaked it from a KO gimping move to a quick combo setter. I like it better haha

Forward Air: Strong Kick

Damage - 7%
Knockback - Set, medium
Trajectory - Up Up Right
Speed - short, medium, short

Doesn't combo forward anymore, but up instead. Can't kill either

Back Air: Strong Paw
Damage - 10%
Trajectory - Left
Speed - medium, medium, long

Essentially a smash in the air. It's pretty much the same as before with more knockback.

Up Air: Up Kick
Damage - 8%
Trajectory - Up
Speed - short, short, medium

Kill move that aims up. You can easily combo into this through Fair.

Down Air: Double Kick

Damage - 4%/6%
Knockback - Set/Set, small/medium
Trajectory - Up/Down
Speed - short, long, short

This no longer hangs in the air. It can also spike, but it's a weak spike (REALLY WEAK). Most can recover from it.

Specials
Neutral B: Diamond Storm (Signature Move)
Damage - 12% Total {2%,2%,2%,2%,1%,1%,1%,1%)
Knockback - Set, small
Trajectory - Right
Speed - medium, long, longer

Diamond Storm! 8 hit move, good for lowering shield and damage racking. Strongest hits are close to the body. This is her only ranged move with disjointed hit boxes; however, this cannot be spammed as well because of the lag. Also, since this isn't treated as a projectile, the move can get interrupted by clashing. This move is mainly for spacing and edgeguarding and would be mildly difficult to approach the opponent. I improvised with the visuals, spare me XD

Side B ground: Power Paw (Signature Move)*
Damage - 16% (damage-increase influenced)
Trajectory - Right
Speed - medium, short, medium

According to Wiki, she has a move called Power Paw, though I've never seen it (XD). The description said, "Renamon's hands and feet are surrounded by blue fire as she strikes." I recreated it as best I can. This move is quick, but relatively hard to hit due to small hitboxes, and can be punished so watch out.

Side B air: Power Paw Variant (Signature Move)*
Damage: 16% (damage-increase influenced)
Trajectory - Right
Speed - medium, short-med, medium

The animation is Lucario's Tilt Side A, though it is one hit and the hit box comes out slower. This move is harder to hit compared to the ground, but has slightly more knockback.

*NOTE: If you do B side in the air, then go to the ground while in the animation, the animation switches to the Side B ground. Samething happens vice versa.

Down B: Power Paw Variant (Signature Move)
Damage - 17% (damage-increase influence)
Knockback - Set, large
Trajectory - Down
Speed - medium, short-med, short/long

This move is hard to hit because it is so close to Renamon's body, but this is definitely her strongest move. This, on the ground, will knock your opponent up and can combo into a smash if the opponent doesn't tech. In the air, the move does not cancel out, but if it hits the opponent, it will definitely spike him/her down. You just have to hit them with it!

Up B: Teleport (Signature Move)

Damage - N/A
Knockback - N/A
Trajectory - N/A

I liked to thank the Project Mewtwo Thread (DarkDragoon and IndigoFenix) who had discover the boolean that enabled invisiblity. In her wiki description, Renamon is capable of teleportation, so I just gave her that. She doesn't go into helpless state after, exactly like the Brawl+ Lucario

SPECIAL NOTE: The graphic effects on specials change while you are in shallow water. Don't freak out, the hitboxes are the same. It kind of looks funny XD

3b. Flamedramon
Basics
A->A->A: Flame Hitters
Damage - 2%, 8%, 6%
# of Hits - 2, 4, 3
Knockback - small][medium
Trajectory - right][right
Speed - tiny, long, short

This is different from the original 3 hit combo the old Lucario had. The last hit can KO an opponent off the stage, and this rare move actually hits horizontal, but it's at the end of the string and does not always connect. The second set of hits can combo into tilts.

Dash A: Flame Tackle
Damage - 15%
# of Hits - 13
Knockback - medium
Trajectory - Up Right

Went crazy here with the hits. However, 80% of the time, you WILL NOT hit all the hits. This move is good for pressuring and damaging.

Throws

Tweaked the throws. Up throw hits up right and curves the opponent back to the ground. Forward throw is in the same direction except with lower knockback. Down throw and Back throw are identical except mirrored. They hit up right (back throw up left) and can KO at higher percentages

Taunts

Taunts have remained EXACTLY the same. I'm just not that kind of guy ^^

Tilts
Tilt Side A: Fire Strike
Damage - 11%
# of Hits - 2
Knockback - medium
Trajectory - Up right
Speed - medium, short, short

This one may remind of the old one except with fire.

Tilt Down A: Fire Trip
Damage - 9%
Knockback - medium
Trajectory - Up Right
Speed - medium, short, short

More or less the same move as before. Good to pressure with.

Tilt Up A - Fire Kick
Damage - 12%
# of Hits - 4
Knockback - small
Trajectory - Up

Kind of hard to get off all four hits, but still a good move. Can combo into itself

Smashes
Smash Side A - Flaming Strike
Damage - 19%
# of Hits - 2
Knockback - large
Trajectory - Up Right

Same as before except with two hits and fire properties. Good to KO, but won't til around 200% (Don't quote me on it...)

Down Smash A - Flaming Trip
Damage - 20%
# of Hits - 2
Knockback - large
Trajectory - Up Right/Up Left

See above description ;]

Up Smash A - Flaming Tower
Damage - 21%
# of Hits - 4
Knockback - large
Trajectory - Up
Speed - medium, long, long

This move is alot easier to hit because of the multiple hits. Can KO in the Up direction

Air
Neutral Air: Rotating Flame
Damage - 15%
# of Hits - 5
Knockback - small][medium
Trajectory - Up][Right/Left
Speed - short, long, medium

The last hit can KO, but you have to get through the first four. It's relatively easy to hit all hits. Much like the AAA combo, the last hit in the string hits horizontally

Forward Air: Burst Fire

Damage - 12%
# of Hits - 6
Knockback - medium
Trajectory - Up Right

You will love this move =D Beside the cool 6-hit properties, it is your key approach and combo move. Use it wisely.

Back Air: Wild Fire
Damage - 13%
# of Hits - 2
Knockback - medium
Trajectory - Right
Speed - medium, medium, medium

This air move drags the opponent toward you. So, the ideal strategy is to use this will retreating. Combined with the awesome range and his short hop, it's a pretty awesome combo setter

Up Air: Reverse Flame

Damage - 11%
# of Hits - 2
Knockback - medium
Trajectory - Down
Speed - short, short, medium

It's a spike. What's dangerous about this move is that you have to hit the opponent from underneath. Remember, you fall fast, so make sure you hit the spike

Down Air: Dizzy Flame
Damage - 11%
# of Hits - 2
Knockback - medium
Trajectory - Up

Down air hits up?... Anyways, this is a good combo setter, and since it doesn't hang in the air, you can approach with this from the side. Careful, the hit boxes are down, not to the side

Specials

Neutral B: Flame Fist (Signature)
Damage - 24%
# of Hits - 4
Knockback - medium][large
Trajectory - Up Right][Up
Speed - long, long, long

This has crazy range! Good move to kill legitly, meaning at high percentages, but you can pressure an opponent of the stage with the first three hits. The last hit will always hit up, so you may just end up saving an opponent from death. Hard to spam with, and not an approaching move, but a back off move. You probably won't hit all four hits in one go.

Side B: Flame Knuckle (Signature)

Damage - 22%
# of Hits - 2
Knockback - large
Trajectory - Up Right
Speed - long, short, medium

Another back off move except it is at a closer range. You can kind of spam the move, but not really. Used to keep the opponent away, but the long start up means you have to time the move right.

Down B: Flame Shield (Signature)
Damage - 26%
# of Hits - 4
Knockback - small
Trajectory - right

This is Lucario's counter tweaked. The flame properties were added and signal with frames activate the move (Not timed EXACTLY). The actual hit is to increase damage, and after the hits connect ideally, the opponent should wind up right in front of your feet. From there, you can wreak your havoc ;]

Up B: Flame Rocket (Signature)
Damage - 24%
# of Hits - 16
Knockback - small
Trajectory - Up
Speed - short, long, medium

Lucario's recovery has hits!?! Yes, it's true. You WILL NEVER hit all hits (Well, it's possible, but not probable) Since helpless state does not after this move, you can combo the Rocket with itself, though the set up is hard. Can't really set up combos, but rather does a quick in-and-out damage.

SPECIAL NOTE: The graphic effects on specials change while you are in shallow water. Don't freak out, the hitboxes are the same. It kind of looks funny XD

4. Videos

Renamon Move Demo Video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMVTY5C1NEU" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMVTY5C1NEU</a>

Brawl+ CPU Fight - Renamon vs. Ike:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzPsOAtVCOI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzPsOAtVCOI</a>

Brawl+ CPU Fight - Renamon vs. Sonic:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4mZW04U0ng" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4mZW04U0ng</a>

Flamedramon Move Demo Video:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0EPVX3s9TQ" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0EPVX3s9TQ</a>

Brawl+ CPU Fight - Flamedramon vs. Charizard:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BehunbzXIqw" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BehunbzXIqw</a>

Brawl+ CPU Fight - Flamedramon vs. Luigi:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbh82Fw17n0" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbh82Fw17n0</a>

PM Any Videos you have made!

5. Special thanks

Phantom Wings - For the AWESOME program
DarkDragoon and IndigoFenix - For the teleportation boolean
The complete PSA Thread - For the help to my random questions
KittyCorp - For the texture, forum board, and the inspiration =]
TKO727 - For the flamedramon suggestion

6. Downloads (tyvm)

Unfortunately, you can only have one of these hacks in at the sametime. You'll have to choose x.x

Download the PAC file and paste it in the Lucario Folder under the Fighter Folder and rename it as FitLucario
It should look like this: fighter>lucario>FitLucario.pac

The textures can be found on KittyCorp in the Texture Thread here on Smashboards. Click "Texture Gallery" on this thread. Paste in the same folder as PAC file except name it "FitLucario00". Renamon/Flamedramon is now default color.

PLEASE! POST FEEDBACK!

THANKS AND ENJOY!!!
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 05:35:36 PM by KenForeverLost » Logged

thanyou
Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 07:56:24 PM »

The only thing better than you organization is the product of your work o.o This attack hack is amazing, and overall its a good moveset, just like echo blade sheik

luigi290
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 08:32:03 PM »

This is awesome! I love what you did with Lucario. It sounds like a fun new moveset. I would try it out but the download link doesn't work for some reason.

KenForeverLost
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 01:24:48 AM »

Thanks for the feedback! The link should be fixed now, my bad >.<

Gazoinks
Th-the cake, it's a lie!
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Helping Hand

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 06:12:44 AM »

Downloading,  I hope it works well in vBrawl too.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

• Awards Ceiling Cat 128-bit Core Gamer Featured 64-bit Core Gamer

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 12:15:19 PM »

Looking good. Cheesy

I'll test this one once I plug in my Wii back.

Round and round the signature goes ~
    ~ where it stops, nobody knows.

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 02:15:55 PM »

There IS a problem with the Neutral-B. When using it out of crouch, Lucario will still charge his Aura Sphere (not throw it, though) and mess up the look of the Custom Neutral-B. It happened to me unexpectedly, but it's really easy to reproduce ... Try it yourself ! ^^

Overall, I have to say : not bad. Not bad at all ! Smiley I was expecting a bit more judging by the Title, but it's a solid moveset hack nonetheless. And I see what you tweaked now that I've read the first post. XD
    So, good. Real good, solid hack.
    « Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 02:17:19 PM by Miacis » Logged

FinalSoraRiku
    Mega Kitten

Things sure changed after a few years

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »

There's a chance you'll use an Aura Sphere if you do your neutral-B.  And you can even shoot.  This is really cool.  I have seen anything from Digimon in a long time.

leafbarrett
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 12:26:23 PM »

>< I really hope the clone engine is done soon... I want to play this hack, but I already have my own custom Lucario set that I'm working on...

I'm back, and impressed that Ultimate hasn't killed the modding scene entirely.

KenForeverLost
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 11:52:20 PM »

Thanks for the replies! I checked out the B move, and I can't seem to get Aura Sphere out of it. There's just a couple things I need to ask:

Can you consistently use Aura Sphere instead of the intended Diamond Storm?
    Does this glitch justify a new version?

Thank you =]

Miacis
    Ex-admin
    Special Access

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 07:16:09 AM »

I actually manage to do it with two ways :
    At random (not consistent, of course)
    Out of crouch (very consistently, and easy to do)

New version ? Yes I think.
    And maybe try to play it a bit youself and see where are some impractical moves ... As an example, hitting with the Up-Smash is near impossible. Maybe try to add a little bigger hitbox on the sides ?

KenForeverLost
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 05:37:17 PM »

Update! Added a new character, Flamedramon, enjoy!

And Miacis, I'll creating a new version of Renamon. As I explained, I was halfway done with Flamedramon when I saw your post. I'll be getting at it soon =]

alphabayton
    Mega Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #12 on: September 07, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »

i really like the look of the flamedramon but teh renamon is kinda old

thanyou
    Extreme Kitten

That guy who did that thing a while ago

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #13 on: September 07, 2009, 06:44:21 PM »

I really like Flamedramon, Lucario needed some fire

alexdaman76