Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: StartPatch Help  (Read 2270 times)
Enigmatic
Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « on: January 11, 2011, 06:35:53 PM »

I figured out I can use Start Patch to play DKCR without being forced to update. I downloaded it, and tried to install it, but I got error -6. According to the discussions page of Wiibrew, it has something to do with IOS249. What do I do and how?

I have included the relevant discussion if it helps:
    Error -6

I am trying to Install StartPatch to my Wii after updating to System Menu 4.2U but I am getting this -6 error message when trying to install. Here's what I've done so far in full details (hopefully).

Updated my Wii to System Menu 4.2U via the online update on my Wii (the normal way basically). Reinstalled the latest Homebrew Channel and DVDx via HackMii using the bannerbomb v2 exploit. Placed the "StartPatch v4.2.4U" folder in the apps folder on my SD card. Loaded StartPatch from the Homebrew Channel. Left the selected IOS at 249. Pressed the A button to continue then got the error.

It just stats on that error and doesn't actually return back to the load (ie Homebrew Channel). What am I doing wrong and what do I need to do to correct this? Oni Kidou 22:31, 16 November 2009 (UTC)

Strike that. Suffered a brain fart and completely forgot to reinstall the 249 IOS. XD Oni Kidou 10:11, 20 November 2009 (UTC)

This is the first time I'm trying to install this patch, and I get the same error. I did everything the same way, except I have System Menu 4.2J. I'm sorry, but what do you mean by "reinstall the 249 IOS"? EKDS5k 17:41, 19 January 2009 (UTC)

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

msp26
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:32:46 AM »

You need ios 249

MY BRAWL FC: 0518-2106-8197
    MY MARIO KART WII FC: 1377-1732-1925

DrPanda
    Special Access

• Awards Super Saiyan Topic Renowned Hacker Featured Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:49:59 AM »

I thought you had to remove ios249 Undecided
    If that is the case, you can do it with WAD manager I suppose.

Enigmatic
    Lol Kitten

Just keeping it cool...

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »

So which would I do? Install or uninstall? Also how would I do each?

Import Thread | Music Thread

I am trying to sell all my old pokemon and Yugioh cards; I had a hell of a collection of the latter especially. Message me if you are interested in purchasing any.

RevengeHunter
    Mega Kitten

Happy Sasuke is happy

• Awards Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 04:11:15 PM »

I wouldn't recommend removing an ios. Just try installing ios 249 again. I'm not sure if you need a clean or patched one to run Start Patch. Try a clean ios 249 first, use this app it downloads the latest version of ios 249. Don't forget to check the 'pack as .wad' box. Then get WAD manager to install the ios. And if that doesn't work, try installing a cios (sorry i can't be more precise i have never seen error -6 before)

Pages: [1]
    Print
    Jump to: