Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: SD card is write-protected and I can't un-write protect it  (Read 26599 times)
Fliptocat
Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 07:42:51 PM »

^Yeah. You can edit them to your liking as well.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• Awards KCMM Veteran Heart Container Active Contributor

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 08:01:13 PM »

So I'm setting up my files by reading the guide on Smash Boards. I'll post what I have so far to make sure I'm right because this stuff is very confusing as I'm used to Smash Stack's directories.

Please someone thoroughly inspect this and make sure I had the right idea because I do not want to go through being confused as hell and posting a million topics on this forum like a noob just like I did in the past.

I have 'brawlmods' on my root as well as 'riivolution' which contains "modlauncher.xml".

-'brawlmods' contains:

--'brawlminus' which contains RSBE01.gct and RSBE01.txt.

--'textures' which contains:

---'fighter' which will contain all my character folders and all the textures/PSAs within them.

---'info' which will contain 'portrite' which will contain my BSPs.

---'item' which will contain 'common3.pac'.

---'menu' which will contain 'common' which will contain 'char_bust_tex' which will contain all my results screen portraits.

---'menu2' which will contain "sc_selcharacter.pac", "sc_selmap.pac", "sc_title.pac" and "mu_menumain.pac".

---'music' which will contain 'strm' which will contain all my .brstm files.

---'stages' which will contain my stage hacks and their respective .rel files.
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:02:44 PM by (specter) » Logged

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 08:06:07 PM »

^Correct for the most part. Remember that Sc_Selchar freezes with Riivo, so you need to use common5. I put that in Brawlmods/Textures/System.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »

^Correct for the most part. Remember that Sc_Selchar freezes with Riivo, so you need to use common5. I put that in Brawlmods/Textures/System.

"For the most part"? What is that supposed to mean?

Oh crap, I forgot about the common5 thing lol thanks for reminding me. And oh ok. I was wondering why Smash Boards guide left out the system's folder in that guide? They mentioned everything else but not brawlmods/textures/system.

Also, where do you put 'st', 'al' and 'rp'? Do I need all those .DS_Store.DS STORE files? Do I need the boot.elf from Gecko as well as the gameconfig stuff?
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:14:51 PM by (specter) » Logged

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #49 on: January 17, 2011, 08:15:03 PM »

^I meant that everything was correct 'cept for the common5 thing. And your welcome.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #50 on: January 17, 2011, 08:16:21 PM »

^I meant that everything was correct 'cept for the common5 thing. And your welcome.

Where do you put 'st', 'al' and 'rp'? Do I need all those .DS_Store.DS STORE files? Do I need the boot.elf from Gecko as well as the gameconfig stuff?

Sorry for asking so many questions on this thread but we all have to learn somewhere, right?

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #51 on: January 17, 2011, 08:24:49 PM »

st al and rp stay in the private section, they almost never change location. DS_STORE files are only used in compression if I recall correctly, they don't have any purpose so no you don't need them. You only need Riivo's boot.elf. Not sure about gameconfig, but I doubt you would need it as Riivo doesn't use the File patch code. And it's fine, it took me forever to learn these things by myself, so asking questions is no problem.

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #52 on: January 17, 2011, 08:28:17 PM »

st al and rp stay in the private section, they almost never change location. DS_STORE files are only used in compression if I recall correctly, they don't have any purpose so no you don't need them. You only need Riivo's boot.elf. Not sure about gameconfig, but I doubt you would need it as Riivo doesn't use the File patch code. And it's fine, it took me forever to learn these things by myself, so asking questions is no problem.

And 'private' goes where on my SD card now that everything's changed? Still on the root?

Oh ok I see. Where can I get a Riivo boot.elf? Or is that only for the Channel version?

I know this is some tough stuff. God help me if I ever have to help someone like darkman (an extreme[/i] noob who it took me days just to help him install Smash Stack, which is less confusing, and he still can't get it to work).

Also, I just got a fresh common5.pac, so I put all my MiscData stuff and char_bust_tex I exported from my selcharacter in there?
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:30:45 PM by (specter) » Logged

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #53 on: January 17, 2011, 08:30:20 PM »

Private stays, it needs to be there for your snapshots etc. Riivo's boot.elf should be in the link I gave you, it's in the same folder as the rest of the stuff.
    And also, I feel your pain, man. Tongue

(specter)
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #54 on: January 17, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »

Private stays, it needs to be there for your snapshots etc. Riivo's boot.elf should be in the link I gave you, it's in the same folder as the rest of the stuff.
    And also, I feel your pain, man. Tongue

Yeah I know but where on my SD card does it go? The root?

The only thing I got from your download was the XML and nothing else.

Fliptocat
    Extreme Kitten

• Awards Fiery Topic

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #55 on: January 17, 2011, 08:33:55 PM »

Yup, you can remove it all and it won't install a channel unless you want it. . And I was tryin' to say that the channel was optional, but i failed there, I guess.
    And HERE.

I linked to it a while back, you must have missed it. It's at the top of the page in the link.

EDIT: crap, i forgot, yeah it goes in the root.
    « Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:37:03 PM by Fliptocat » Logged

Pages:  1 2 3 [4]
    Print
    Jump to: