Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624434 times)
K+ ~ Tanuki God
Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
« Reply #735 on: December 31, 2012, 08:49:55 PM »

No.  I just know #4 because when I went into the Trophy Room (thing) Fourside's music was playing
EDIT:
#2 - It uses music already in Brawl so, no.
#3 - Only 1 I believe.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 08:51:22 PM by KC » Logged

Currently Waiting For:
Super Smash Bros. 4
A Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World
Mario Kart 8
Zelda U

libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #736 on: January 01, 2013, 12:05:43 PM »

New version is up! New pack for a new year. Let me save this post for reference.
    (June 16): version designed for Project: M Demo 2.1 released. Click here to go to the post.

Classic Expansion Pack 5.1 - June 27, 2012

If you have problems with version 5.1, look on page 45 of this thread for version 5.0.

The Classic Expansion Pack is an add-on for Super Smash Bros. Brawl which contains 33 additional stages that can be used in Brawl (multiplayer) mode. These stages are remakes of stages from Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube), as well as ports of stages from Brawl's adventure mode, The Subspace Emissary and a playable Online Training Room.

I (libertyernie) have compiled these stages made by others into a special pack that adds them to the Brawl stage roster, without replacing any existing stages. This is done with the help of Phantom Wings' "Stage Roster Expansion System," a code that gives the framework for adding stages to Brawl.

This pack also contains several Wii music files, which replace certain obscure tracks (mostly in The Subspace Emissary) and are reassigned through the use of codes to play on several of the added stages.

Classic Expansion Pack 5.1.exe (Gecko or Riivolution + vBrawl. From Mediafire; 76.3 MB)
    Also, for convenience, here's a link to the MiscData[80] used in this pack.

In version 5.1, several of the stages have been replaced with new versions from Project: M Demo 2.1. Also, common2.pac has been fixed.

*** If you're updating from version 5.0, just copy over the new .PAC stage files. The GCT and the other audio files are the same, and you don't have to change the common5 either. ***

Click here to see the README/stage list!

Notes:
    The main pack comes with a custom GCT files for regular Brawl. If you want to use BBrawl or Brawl-, make your own GCT using the included Codeset.txt. (This pack also works with Riivolution, but only goes as far as duplicating Gecko OS's functionality.)

There is no Alternate Stage Loader (R+A button combo) in this version.

There is a feature for Classic Mode: the stages are changed so only "classic" stages appear - i.e. the stage choices are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from Brawl. This works more reliably on Riivolution than on Gecko OS.

The common5 was rebuilt in version 5.0. The icon ID for Fourside is now 78 instead of 60.

Codeset is in Codeset.txt or at http://lakora.us/brawl/cep/5.1/Codeset.txt.

I have questions.

Is there a PAL release for this yet?

Nope, and there probably won't be - I live in the U.S. and don't have a European copy of the game.
    Do the expanded stages have their own music folders? (Do they get their own music sections from which to choose music, from various BRSTMS of A(Mario) to Z (Victories))

No; their music replaces other music in the game (i.e. Subspace music, those weird WarioWare tracks.)

How many music entries are there per stage? (One? More?)

Just one. It's done through codes, not through My Music. If you try to select one of the added stages in My Music, it might freeze the game.

Will the music entries replace existing music entries? (Will music on R02 (Hanenbow Ambience) play on all stages set to R02, or will a different R02 play on each stage?)

Yes, they do replace existing entries; music on R02 would play on any stage set to play R02.

If you have any other questions, just ask in this thread.
    « Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 12:21:06 PM by libertyernie » Logged

LC-DDM
    Not your average sprite!
    Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #737 on: January 01, 2013, 07:13:46 PM »

New version is up! New pack for a new year. Let me save this post for reference.
    Nope, and there probably won't be - I live in the U.S. and don't have a European copy of the game.

No; their music replaces other music in the game (i.e. Subspace music, those weird WarioWare tracks.)

Just one. It's done through codes, not through My Music. If you try to select one of the added stages in My Music, it might freeze the game.

Yes, they do replace existing entries; music on R02 would play on any stage set to play R02.

If you have any other questions, just ask in this thread.

Well... couldn't you just... get one? I mean, it would globalize the stage expansion deal.

Okay, so from what I understand it only takes the existing BRSTMs. Can't there be a way to load a different BRSTM with the same code (R02) on a specific stage, like MKWii does with the Custom Tournament thing?

So each stage just plays one specific song... I see. But you could still turn down the volume for existing BRSTMs so they wouldn't play on the original stages, but would play on the custom ones, right?

(Question 2)

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

K+ ~ Tanuki God
    Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #738 on: January 01, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »

Oh you mean use coding to allow music from other stages to play on others?  I dunno if it can be done...but it would be cool...

There is no My Music relation to this - you can turn the music's option to play completely off and it'll still play on the custom stages because it's all done through coding (if I understand correctly...)

Currently Waiting For:
    Super Smash Bros. 4
    A Link Between Worlds
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Zelda U

Tyli
    Advanced Kitten

Yeahh...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #739 on: January 04, 2013, 02:56:42 PM »

Brawl seems to have problems now that I added the Stage Expansion stuff to it, pressing "Launch" in Riivolution causes it to just display a black screen.
    If it helps, I'm using a flash drive instead of an SD card.  I deleted the .bin file that was in the st folder because that used to cause problems for me back in Gecko and it'd freeze, but deleting it fixed the problem when I was using Gecko.

K+ ~ Tanuki God
    Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #740 on: January 04, 2013, 03:00:02 PM »

They say the File Patch Code does that to Riivo, is it on there?

Currently Waiting For:
    Super Smash Bros. 4
    A Link Between Worlds
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Zelda U

Tyli
    Advanced Kitten

Yeahh...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #741 on: January 04, 2013, 03:05:47 PM »

They say the File Patch Code does that to Riivo, is it on there?
    Nope, I double-checked.  I removed that.  Aside from that, the codes are the same, except I added:
    Allow Replays Longer Than 3 Minutes
    Tripping Rate Modifier
    Colored Shields

My .xmls and similar things are:
    Brawl.xml (the one that was included)
    codehandler.xml
    Codes.xml (Which loads my codes)

K+ ~ Tanuki God
    Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #742 on: January 04, 2013, 03:12:03 PM »

Oh, well then, I have no idea.  Grin Sorry

Currently Waiting For:
    Super Smash Bros. 4
    A Link Between Worlds
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Zelda U

Tyli
    Advanced Kitten

Yeahh...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #743 on: January 04, 2013, 03:18:09 PM »

I just tested out renaming the private folder to something else to see if it still turned black.  It did turn black, so perhaps it's something else.

EDIT: It's somewhere in the codes, I tried my old .gct file and the game ran just fine.
    EDIT 2: Testing more stuff out, I tried the codes alone with only File Replacement removed and it still freezes.
    « Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 03:56:06 PM by Tyli » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #744 on: January 05, 2013, 09:48:50 AM »

Well... couldn't you just... get one? I mean, it would globalize the stage expansion deal.
    I would either have to purchase the PAL disc from overseas or hack my Wii U to play pirated games, neither of which I really want to do right now. Also, I'm not sure that there's PAL versions of all the codes I use.

Okay, so from what I understand it only takes the existing BRSTMs. Can't there be a way to load a different BRSTM with the same code (R02) on a specific stage, like MKWii does with the Custom Tournament thing?
    Not that I know of. Dantarion made a code to invent new BRSTM slots, but IIRC it's kind of buggy. I don't think it worked in Riivolution (not that I can test that now - I don't have a regular Wii anymore.)

So each stage just plays one specific song... I see. But you could still turn down the volume for existing BRSTMs so they wouldn't play on the original stages, but would play on the custom ones, right?
    Sure! Just check the WarioWare stage in My Music and you should see a couple of SSB64 songs.

@Tyli: When you figure out which code is making Riivo freeze, let us know, ok? I'm afraid I won't be able to test that myself.

Mayor Jon
    Newbie Kitten

The Mayor of Shantyville

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #745 on: January 07, 2013, 02:56:04 PM »

Any chance of a Project M 2.5b version soon?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #746 on: January 08, 2013, 03:41:44 PM »

I'm looking into it. I want to make sure the P:M team is okay with it, though.
    If I release a P:M version, it would probably include some original Brawl stages like Luigi's Mansion and Green Hill Zone.

Mayor Jon
    Newbie Kitten

The Mayor of Shantyville

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #747 on: January 08, 2013, 04:23:42 PM »

That's exactly what I'm hoping for.  Well regardless, thanks for all your hard work!

Tyli
    Advanced Kitten

Yeahh...

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #748 on: January 13, 2013, 12:46:04 PM »

I would either have to purchase the PAL disc from overseas or hack my Wii U to play pirated games, neither of which I really want to do right now. Also, I'm not sure that there's PAL versions of all the codes I use.
    Not that I know of. Dantarion made a code to invent new BRSTM slots, but IIRC it's kind of buggy. I don't think it worked in Riivolution (not that I can test that now - I don't have a regular Wii anymore.)
    Sure! Just check the WarioWare stage in My Music and you should see a couple of SSB64 songs.

@Tyli: When you figure out which code is making Riivo freeze, let us know, ok? I'm afraid I won't be able to test that myself.
    Actually, I learned I had too many codes.

K+ ~ Tanuki God
    Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #749 on: January 13, 2013, 12:53:05 PM »

So where are you guys gonna put Poke Floats and Mute City when they come out?

Currently Waiting For:
    Super Smash Bros. 4
    A Link Between Worlds
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Zelda U

Pages:  1 ... 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: