Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624520 times)
Kienamaru
Brawl Minus Developer
Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #840 on: February 27, 2013, 01:13:43 AM »

Doc I'm pretty sure I know how to do what you're trying to do but I'm gonna message you about it. I should be able to help

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

DocStrange
    Supreme Kitten

Super Fighting Robot

• Awards Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #841 on: February 27, 2013, 01:17:05 AM »

Thanks, but I finally got it the way I want, just had to totally rearrange the last 20 lines of code lol. It was a lot of fun...

And with that I will stop derailing this excellent thread, sorry Lib.
    « Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 01:19:18 AM by DocStrange » Logged

TRIFORCE89
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #842 on: March 03, 2013, 09:02:12 AM »

How do I combine the provided CEP codeset with BBrawl's? I'm trying to use the GCT generator at geckocodes.org

I think an older version of CEP oncecame with BBrawl compatibility, or I found a version elsewhere. But, that doesn't do much good for the latest version with a couple extra stages. So, instead I just copy/pasted the existing stages over that were updated.

Also, any chance of Super Smash Land stages being added in the future?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #843 on: March 03, 2013, 06:53:49 PM »

How do I combine the provided CEP codeset with BBrawl's? I'm trying to use the GCT generator at geckocodes.org

I think an older version of CEP oncecame with BBrawl compatibility, or I found a version elsewhere. But, that doesn't do much good for the latest version with a couple extra stages. So, instead I just copy/pasted the existing stages over that were updated.

Also, any chance of Super Smash Land stages being added in the future?

The Super Smash Land stages probably won't fit along with the Melee and N64 ones, since there are 11 of them. Feel free to add them yourself, though.
    As for BBrawl, I think all I needed to do was combine my codes (in the Codeset.txt file) with the BBrawl codes. I might include BBrawl-specific files in the next version I release, along with Brawl-.

yerffej
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #844 on: March 05, 2013, 10:49:59 PM »

How do I replace stages with ones that have custom rels? I've tried renaming them and replacing the current ones, but the game freezes when I try to load them, and this has happened with multiple stages I've tried. The ones that don't come with a .rel that I've replaced seems to load okay.
    Oh and I have P:M 2.5b, and I downloaded the stage expansion pack for P:M.

Project M 2.5b w/ Classic Expansion Pack for P:M (5.3m)

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #845 on: March 06, 2013, 12:42:27 AM »

Rels can't just be renamed. You need to get different rels.

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #846 on: March 07, 2013, 01:53:33 PM »

The expanded stages for Brawl- are available by download by Linketsu but it's only up to 2X. And they come with a preset custom CSS.

What problem are you having? I might be able to help you myself actually.

You mean this?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30969

It says it's for Riivolution. I use the No Homebrew method of loading mods...

I've got a working Brawl- 2.X.6 setup. Could I just copy and paste some codes and files from the file above into my current setup? Thanks for your help.

Roronoa Zoro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #847 on: March 07, 2013, 02:38:46 PM »

i'm using the homebrew version, followed the steps replacing the 'private' and 'codes' folders but the Wii was freezing with a loud noise just before the match starts. However someone up there mentioned about formating the SD card to fat32, i did this and it's working perfectly, thanks guys   Cheesy

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #848 on: March 08, 2013, 07:52:25 AM »

You mean this?

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=30969

It says it's for Riivolution. I use the No Homebrew method of loading mods...

I've got a working Brawl- 2.X.6 setup. Could I just copy and paste some codes and files from the file above into my current setup? Thanks for your help.

Well It's actually for Riivolution for Gecko users... gotta fix that description. I'm not sure about the No Homebrew method. You could always save a backup and try it out though. If it works, well you can probably help a lot of people who are having the same issue.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #849 on: March 08, 2013, 03:26:51 PM »

Here's a release candidate for the next version. It should be pretty much done, but since I rebuilt it from scratch, I want to see if there are any problems I need to fix before posting it on the first post.
    Here's the download: Classic Expansion Pack 5.3 rc1.exe (149 MB)
    And here's the readme/instructions: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/cep/5.3/
    I changed all the stage and song filenames, as well as the second SSS screen. There are files included to use it with BBrawl 3 or Brawl- 2.x.6, as well.

I'm also working on a program that will "install" certain files for you (adding things to RSBE01.gct, common5, mu_menumain, and info), but that isn't done yet, so it'll have to wait for now.

Reminder to self: change the place on the bottom of the README where it says ???.brstm.

yerffej
    Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #850 on: March 10, 2013, 12:55:48 AM »

Rels can't just be renamed. You need to get different rels.

Okay, I found something called "Stage Module Converter." If I were to use that to convert say for example st_donkey.rel to something like STGCUSTOM03.rel, that should work right?
    Also, are there any limitations to how these can be converted? Another example, If I see a custom stage for Corneria, can I convert it's module to go over Mario Circuit?
    « Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 12:56:41 AM by yerffej » Logged

Project M 2.5b w/ Classic Expansion Pack for P:M (5.3m)

Dragon Ryuu
    Hyper Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #851 on: March 10, 2013, 02:42:05 PM »

@yerffej, i recommend that you use this, "BSMC", plain and simple  Smiley ...

@libertyernie , i just tried the CEP that you posted recently, everything works fine, you even organized the MiscData[80] which is awesome btw  Happy Face  just wondering why you used icons of outdated stages like kongo jungle and great bay... and the n64 FD uses the same icons of melee FD... ?_? but not really a problem since i can replace them myself... other than that, its perfect...

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 02:43:38 PM by Ryuunosuke » Logged

Mewtwo2000
    The Stage Master
    Special Access

Making stages since 2010

• Awards Former PMDT King for a Day Ceiling Cat Featured

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #852 on: March 10, 2013, 03:15:00 PM »

The readme needs some small updates, these are the ones I've noticed:

Melee Peach's Castle is DSX8's
    Melee Kongo Jungle is Oshtoby's
    Melee Great Bay is DSX8's edited by Ryan and myself
    Melee Final Destination in ProjectM is mine and not GW's anymore
    N64 Metal Cavern in ProjectM is mine and not KTH's anymore

SW FC: SW-5958-4724-5095
    Wii FC: 1247-2259-6207
    Twitch: http://twitch.tv/mewtwo2000
    Visit my stage thread here

Stage light and fog tutorial
    Stage shadows tutorial

Foxfan12
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #853 on: March 11, 2013, 09:59:05 PM »

For some reason or another PM's version 5.3 CEP makes the game freeze on the SSS after a stage has been selected if anyone is using non-default color scheme Bowser. I think that this also happens if I load regular PM too, but only if the expansion pack is on the card - without the expansion pack PM loads fine. Has anyone else had this problem? What gives? I'm using Riivolution, by the way.
    « Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:33:04 AM by Foxfan12 » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #854 on: March 12, 2013, 08:20:44 PM »

The readme needs some small updates, these are the ones I've noticed:

Melee Peach's Castle is DSX8's
    Melee Kongo Jungle is Oshtoby's
    Melee Great Bay is DSX8's edited by Ryan and myself
    Melee Final Destination in ProjectM is mine and not GW's anymore
    N64 Metal Cavern in ProjectM is mine and not KTH's anymore

Thanks! I'll make a note to fix that.
    As for the icons: for any stage in P:M, I used the same .pac file and the same icon. I could make new icons for some other stages, if they don't match - I don't look that closely at them, I guess. Tongue

Post Merge: March 13, 2013, 04:53:12 PM
    I'm saving version 5.2 in this post in case anyone needs it.

For the Project: M version, see version 5.3m on page 51 of this thread.

How to replace MiscData[80] in your own common5:
    If you already have a customized common5 and/or mu_menumain, follow these steps to add the extra stage icons to it. If you don't do this, all the expansion icons will be Hanenbow or Pokemon Stadium.
    • Open my version of common5.pac and extract MiscData[80] from the sc_selmap_en section (right-click --> Export).
    • Open your common5.pac, find MiscData[80] in sc_selmap_en (NOT sc_selcharacter_en). Right-click --> Replace and find the file you saved in the previous step.
    • Open your mu_menumain.pac. Replace MiscData[0] with the same MiscData[80] file.

Classic Expansion Pack 5.2 - January 1, 2013

If you have problems with version 5.2, look on page 50 of this thread for version 5.1.

The Classic Expansion Pack is an add-on for Super Smash Bros. Brawl which contains 33 additional stages that can be used in Brawl (multiplayer) mode. These stages are remakes of stages from Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube), as well as ports of stages from Brawl's adventure mode, The Subspace Emissary and a playable Online Training Room.

I (libertyernie) have compiled these stages made by others into a special pack that adds them to the Brawl stage roster, without replacing any existing stages. This is done with the help of Phantom Wings' "Stage Roster Expansion System," a code that gives the framework for adding stages to Brawl.

This pack also contains several Wii music files, which replace certain obscure tracks (mostly in The Subspace Emissary) and are reassigned through the use of codes to play on several of the added stages.

Classic Expansion Pack 5.2.exe (Gecko or Riivolution + vBrawl. From Mediafire; 78 MB)

Changes in version 5.2 (from 5.1):
    • Trophy Tussle stages removed to make room
    • New stages: Brinstar Depths Beta and Flat Zone Beta (both by DSX8) and Snag the Trohies (by Mewtwo2000)
    • Stages updated with newest Project: M versions: The Jungle (SSE), Final Destination (Melee), Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Metal Cavern, Fourside
    • Other stages updated: Yoshi's Island (SSB), Mushroom Kingdom (SSB), Smash Skiff, The Canyon
    None of the music has been changed from 5.1; Snag the Trophies uses the same song that Trophy Tussle used, and Brinstar Depths and Flat Zone use music already in Brawl.
    Some of the music-related codes in the codeset have changed, but the custom SSS code has not.

Click here to see the README/stage list!

Notes:
    The main pack comes with a custom GCT files for regular Brawl. If you want to use BBrawl or Brawl-, make your own GCT using the included Codeset.txt. (This pack also works with Riivolution, but the included XML only goes as far as duplicating Gecko OS's functionality.)

In Classic Mode, the stages are changed so only "classic" stages appear - i.e. the stage choices are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from Brawl. This works reliably on Riivolution; it may not work on Gecko OS.

common5.pac and mu_menumain.pac should be edited with BrawlBox v0.66b, which is included (not a newer version).

Codeset is in Codeset.txt or at http://lakora.us/brawl/cep/5.2/Codeset.txt.
    « Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:58:44 PM by libertyernie » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: