Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624387 times)
damiancds
Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #870 on: April 21, 2013, 08:23:04 PM »

Okay, I now know what i'm doing.

I'm combining this with a custom css and just borrowing some codes from brawl for the physics.

My question is, to merge the two common5.pac's what do I have to extract out of this one to insert into the css's common5?

rax189
Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Favorite'd Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #871 on: April 24, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »

The way u made this pack is completely differant from any other one u made im guessing becuz it much more complicated xD
    1. My game freezes wen im not playing hacked brawl (if SD is in wii)
    2. Doesnt work with riivoluton 50% of time even wen i have the special file that allows the pack to work with riivolution
    3. Has extra files on root of SD dat i got NO idea what to do with ahaha
    Im so confused but want this pack SO BAD :p Could u maybe make a pack for ppl who already have everything needed or is dat to much to ask??? xD
    « Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:32:35 PM by rax189 » Logged

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #872 on: April 25, 2013, 01:52:21 AM »

you made a P:M version, didnt you?
    cant seem to find it in the OP

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #873 on: April 25, 2013, 04:51:22 AM »

The way u made this pack is completely differant from any other one u made im guessing becuz it much more complicated xD
    2. Doesnt work with riivoluton 50% of time even wen i have the special file that allows the pack to work with riivolution
    Im so confused but want this pack SO BAD :p Could u maybe make a pack for ppl who already have everything needed or is dat to much to ask??? xD

I'd recommend using Riivolution for Gecko users, I really see no reason not to. Unless you have like 3 versions of Brawl that you play regularly but only one SD card.

Post Merge: April 25, 2013, 04:53:22 AM
    Also liberty, your expansion got Minus 2X6. Whenever I try adding the codes for individual CSS slots on ZSS/Sheik, and Individual Pokemon, no differences are really there. Any idea why that is? I actually need it to be done with the Purple background and whatnot but that always results in a freeze for me. And no one else on the Minus team seems to be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 04:53:22 AM by Kienamaru » Logged

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #874 on: April 25, 2013, 11:08:45 AM »

1. Didn't it always do that (because of smash stack)?
    2. I can't help with Riivolution, sorry.
    3. Some of those files probably aren't needed. Those MiscData files just have my custom data that's already in info.pac or common5.pac anyway.
    I can't easily make a pack for people who already have old versions, though, since I renamed all the stages. It was getting complicated to keep track of, and that's why I decided to do that. :/

you made a P:M version, didnt you?
    cant seem to find it in the OP

Go to this post by me, and click the show spoilers button.

Also liberty, your expansion got Minus 2X6. Whenever I try adding the codes for individual CSS slots on ZSS/Sheik, and Individual Pokemon, no differences are really there. Any idea why that is? I actually need it to be done with the Purple background and whatnot but that always results in a freeze for me. And no one else on the Minus team seems to be able to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Are you putting your changes in the right .gct file? If there's a file in /data/gecko/codes, it overrides the one in /codes. Just a wild guess. (It's hard to know what's going on, for sure - these things can get very confusing.)
    P.S. If you want to know if you're really in Brawl- or not, try shooting some Toon Link arrows Wink
    « Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:11:04 AM by libertyernie » Logged

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #875 on: April 25, 2013, 11:25:12 AM »

I uh... that's not the issue. The issue is trying to use the expansion with the normal Minus Character select screen. the rest would be me restating my issue. We're thinking about doing something unique with Pokemon down B moves and well, without getting the codes to work properly that's an issue.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #876 on: April 27, 2013, 11:00:38 AM »

1. Didn't it always do that (because of smash stack)?
    2. I can't help with Riivolution, sorry.
    3. Some of those files probably aren't needed. Those MiscData files just have my custom data that's already in info.pac or common5.pac anyway.
    I can't easily make a pack for people who already have old versions, though, since I renamed all the stages. It was getting complicated to keep track of, and that's why I decided to do that. :/

Go to this post by me, and click the show spoilers button.
    Are you putting your changes in the right .gct file? If there's a file in /data/gecko/codes, it overrides the one in /codes. Just a wild guess. (It's hard to know what's going on, for sure - these things can get very confusing.)
    P.S. If you want to know if you're really in Brawl- or not, try shooting some Toon Link arrows Wink

Usually, all u need to make it work with riivo for gecko users is a simple file in the pf folder, all other expansions ive tried work with this file except for urs and i got no idea why xD but yea ill figure it out eventuallly

VideogameScrapbook
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #877 on: April 30, 2013, 07:04:05 PM »

Thank you libertyernie for compiling this amazing level pack! Do you have plans to create your own 'classic' character texture pack that is compatible with Project M? For example, somebody had the idea on SmashBaords of making the last color of each character a Melee texture but keeping the rest the same. Does anybody know if something like this has been compiled by somebody already?

K+ ~ Tanuki God
    Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #878 on: April 30, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »

Thank you libertyernie for compiling this amazing level pack! Do you have plans to create your own 'classic' character texture pack that is compatible with Project M? For example, somebody had the idea on SmashBaords of making the last color of each character a Melee texture but keeping the rest the same. Does anybody know if something like this has been compiled by somebody already?

I was working on using the Melee Showcase hacks over the most hideous of each characters slots.  But, I got busy with school...maybe I'll start it again...

Currently Waiting For:
    Super Smash Bros. 4
    A Link Between Worlds
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Zelda U

BlueBrain
    God Kitten

• Awards Infinite Smash Team Super Saiyan Topic >9000 Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #879 on: May 01, 2013, 05:08:26 AM »

it should also include the N64 models that have been released

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #880 on: May 01, 2013, 03:49:02 PM »

I uh... that's not the issue. The issue is trying to use the expansion with the normal Minus Character select screen. the rest would be me restating my issue. We're thinking about doing something unique with Pokemon down B moves and well, without getting the codes to work properly that's an issue.

Oh, the common5 with the normal portraits? Now that I think about it, I might have had a similar issue. It could be a filesize thing - I'll try making the images smaller and see if it works then.

EDIT: Try this common5 (for CEP 5.3 and Brawl- 2.x.6): http://www.mediafire.com/?24vjbgixc18oba8
    I took the sc_selcharacter_en out of the one with normal portraits and put it in my working common5.
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:50:57 PM by libertyernie » Logged

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #881 on: May 01, 2013, 07:55:03 PM »

Is ther ANYBODY who has gotten this pack to work with riivolution who could make me a simple pack including only what i need if i already have homebrew. Basically download the pack, add the riivolution stuff, the file that makes it work with riivolution, upload it to the internet and pm it to me Cheesy hahaha sry but im getting fustrated with how complicated it is

K+ ~ Tanuki God
    Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #882 on: May 01, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »

Hey libertyernie
    Can I post that pack here once I finish it?
    I can include a PM version and a Normal Version...
    Melee & N64 Imports/Vertexes over the most hideous slots (and any ideas what to do about the characters that only have enough for teams and no others?

Currently Waiting For:
    Super Smash Bros. 4
    A Link Between Worlds
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Zelda U

Amazerommu
    Advanced Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker King for a Day Smash 3 Team

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #883 on: May 01, 2013, 09:34:59 PM »

Is ther ANYBODY who has gotten this pack to work with riivolution who could make me a simple pack including only what i need if i already have homebrew. Basically download the pack, add the riivolution stuff, the file that makes it work with riivolution, upload it to the internet and pm it to me Cheesy hahaha sry but im getting fustrated with how complicated it is

This should only require adding lines of code to the riivolution.xml file. I could do that if I know exactly what's in this thing.

Edit: Correction: "projectm.xml" instead of riivolution.
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:37:51 PM by xNoobxSaibotx » Logged

All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
    Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #884 on: May 01, 2013, 09:50:39 PM »

This should only require adding lines of code to the riivolution.xml file. I could do that if I know exactly what's in this thing.

Edit: Correction: "projectm.xml" instead of riivolution.
    where do i put it once i download it though? inside riivolution or riivolution/config or in apps/riivolution????? lol

Pages:  1 ... 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: