Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624447 times)
Amazerommu
Advanced Kitten

• Awards Starstormer Renowned Hacker King for a Day Smash 3 Team

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #885 on: May 01, 2013, 09:53:15 PM »

where do i put it once i download it though? inside riivolution or riivolution/config or in apps/riivolution????? lol

It goes inside the riivolution folder.

All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...
    YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xNoobIISaibotx
    Check out my custom hacks and tracks here:

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• Awards Dedicated Hacker Heart Container Favorite'd Tutorial Writer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #886 on: May 01, 2013, 09:55:59 PM »

It goes inside the riivolution folder.
    thx Cheesy

Post Merge: May 01, 2013, 09:58:10 PM
    Last question do i rename it to Brawl, or keep it in there along with the BRAWL.XML or do i leave its name but delete the brawl xml
    « Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 09:58:10 PM by rax189 » Logged

Amazerommu
    Advanced Kitten

« Reply #887 on: May 02, 2013, 11:51:47 AM »

thx Cheesy

Post Merge: May 01, 2013, 09:58:10 PM
    Last question do i rename it to Brawl, or keep it in there along with the BRAWL.XML or do i leave its name but delete the brawl xml

Alright this is for Project M right? What I'd do is just download their riivolution version on the site. Once that's done copy all the files from this expansion project into the brawlmods/projectm folder. Then replace the projectm.xml file with the one I have linked below.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?ikmbr2v33a3u6bo

I created this full xml file a while ago minus the stage expansion, so I only had to add the st_customXX.rel codes and the STGCUSTOMXX.pac codes to the file.

This one is also homebrew friendly for those who play with that version. It makes switching over super easy so that you can keep any of your customizations and just copy them over to their respective folders on the riivolution version. To clarify, basically you can copy everything in your "private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\" into the "brawlmods\projectm\" folder and it will all work assuming you have only texture and/or music mods for your custom Project M 2.5b. Also has code for custom results portraits and battle portraits.

It also includes code for a custom smashbros_sound.brsar file to be placed in the "brawlmods\projectm\sound\" folder. And with that, I will cleverly advertise my custom Melee sfx project I've been working on lol. The progress so far can be found here if you like Melee sounds:

http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-sfx-project-update-4-27-13-pikachu-thunder-thunder-thunder-rat-hooooooo.335236/

Donkey Kong is just about done and I will be updating it later today! I also figured out how to add the Melee perfect shield sound which may also be updated later today Cheesy

I hope this helps you a whole heck of a lot!
    « Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 11:55:52 AM by xNoobxSaibotx » Logged

All my loops are perfect... except for Zero's Lightning Loops... can't seem to get those down...

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #888 on: May 02, 2013, 04:44:32 PM »

I had the thing that makes stage expansion work with riivolution for gecko users and the Projectm.xml but it still didnt work D: dis sucks

Post Merge: May 02, 2013, 04:51:15 PM
    Here
    Anyways those are the ONLY files i have on root of my SD am i missing anything, also the pf folder has the .xml that makes the pack work with riivo and the riivolution folder only has 2 thing.... the projectm.xml and the config folder. Any ideas on wat im missing?
    « Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 04:51:16 PM by rax189 » Logged

Amazerommu
    Advanced Kitten

« Reply #889 on: May 02, 2013, 04:55:52 PM »

I had the thing that makes stage expansion work with riivolution for gecko users and the Projectm.xml but it still didnt work D: dis sucks

There is no other thing you should need to make the stage expansion work with Riivolution. The only thing you should need is the projectm.xml file I linked. Along with all the files from the Classic Expansion Pack. That + the Riivolution download of Project M should make everything work. Instead of putting the files where the instructions say to put them, just put the files in the "brawlmods/projectm" folder. Copy "private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\stage\" to "brawlmods\projectm\stage\" and "private\wii\app\RSBE\pf\system\" to "brawlmods\projectm\system\" and so on for the expansion files. Once that's done, with my riivolution file it should be good to go.

I was using the stage expansion before with Project M 2.1 and that was all I did.

Oh and of course the RSBE01.gct in the "codes" folder of the expansion will have to go into the "brawlmods\projectm\" folder for Riivolution. Neglected to mention that in the first post. Sowwy!
    « Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:00:57 PM by xNoobxSaibotx » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #890 on: May 02, 2013, 08:14:40 PM »

rax189: Also remember to grab the P:M version of the expansion pack (on page 51), not the Brawl version on the first post. Sorry I can't help more than that :|

Hey libertyernie
    Can I post that pack here once I finish it?
    I can include a PM version and a Normal Version...
    Melee & N64 Imports/Vertexes over the most hideous slots (and any ideas what to do about the characters that only have enough for teams and no others?
    If you're making a character pack, you might want to consider making a new thread for it. I'm sure others would be interested as well.

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #891 on: May 04, 2013, 03:54:16 PM »

rax189: Also remember to grab the P:M version of the expansion pack (on page 51), not the Brawl version on the first post. Sorry I can't help more than that :|
    If you're making a character pack, you might want to consider making a new thread for it. I'm sure others would be interested as well.
    lol ok i give up anyways. I tried what you and xnoobx told be to do but didnt work Tongue ill just stick to using it on gecko

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #892 on: May 04, 2013, 06:16:19 PM »

I just got this expansion pack working on Brawl- 2.X.6. Looks great so far!

Just a few questions:

1.) Why are Hyrule N64 and Saffron City N64 listed twice?
    2.) Can I replace the duplicates with different stages, like Trophy Tussle and SSB64 Intro?
    3.) If so, how?

Thanks for making this, libertyernie! Smiley

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #893 on: May 05, 2013, 07:25:07 PM »

I just got this expansion pack working on Brawl- 2.X.6. Looks great so far!

Just a few questions:

1.) Why are Hyrule N64 and Saffron City N64 listed twice?
    2.) Can I replace the duplicates with different stages, like Trophy Tussle and SSB64 Intro?
    3.) If so, how?

Thanks for making this, libertyernie! Smiley
    1) It's because Brawl- includes those stages, and so do I.
    2/3) Sure. Hyrule 64 is both STGOLDIN.pac and STGCUSTOM1B.pac. Replace one of those files with a different stage, and also change the matching .rel if you need to. The Brawl- Saffron City icon is actually wrong - it goes to a modified version of New Pork City with a chunk of ice in the middle.
    To change the icons, open common5.pac with BrawlBox.

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #894 on: May 05, 2013, 11:14:01 PM »

Okay, so your Common5 seems to work. But now comes the part of me adding in the slots for Sheik, Zelda,  independent pokemon, and Samuses. If I can get this working right I'll send you the GCT or something for it.

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #895 on: May 05, 2013, 11:30:53 PM »

Thanks for the reply, libertyernie. Smiley

Eventually, might you make a classic expansion pack that can be used on both Project M and Brawl-? I'd like it if I had the same stages and music on both mods. Guess I should look up a guide on how to replace stages... Think I saw one here or on Smashboards...

Kienamaru, would you please share that .GCT file with me as well, once you've got it working? I'd like to have the same CSS on both Project M and Brawl-, or at least, the same (sub)characters available to select. Thanks!
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:32:49 PM by Bent 00 » Logged

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #896 on: May 05, 2013, 11:39:06 PM »

If I can freakin do it. Last time it took me... forever... like over 10 straight hours of trying just to get the expansion working on minus. I'm about ready to give up. I have them all working on one of my SD cards but that's using different codes and when I try to copy those over I cant. Maybe i can replace the sel char and stuff with the stuff in the working common 5 and pull it off. Maybe not..

Post Merge: May 05, 2013, 11:53:53 PM
    So that does work.. only problem now is that I have to get rid of the old CSS background, and Zero Suit Samus' Icon says.... SPECIAL

Post Merge: May 06, 2013, 01:03:22 AM
    Well, I probably saved a ton of people a lot of work. I got the entire expansion working perfectly, individual characters included. Only problem... is that the music is totally off. not sure why. If someone can fix that, be my guest. just a placement of BRSTMs anyhow. So I won't be including them in my download. I'll just make two links. Ernie if you can get those fixed up though, I would like releasing it and collab you, or if you want to you can. (but collab Linketsu)

http://www.mediafire.com/?gkapwc4i3mtkhyy

To anyone who downloads that, don't delete anything you have on your Minus. Simply replace. But know that the Strms are not there.  It's meant for Ernie so he can add them where they need to be.
    « Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 02:33:23 AM by Kienamaru » Logged

Bent 00
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #897 on: May 06, 2013, 01:43:08 PM »

Way to go, Kienamaru! Thanks for sharing that with us. Smiley Hopefully Ernie will fix the music.

On a different note, I was playing Brawl- with the CEP last night, and whenever I tried to load one of the stages added by the CEP, it would not load. I had to turn the power off and reset. Stages originally included in Brawl- 2.X.6 worked fine. Could have been a mistake on my end - I'll check the SD card.

List of stages that I've confirmed won't load:
    Midair Stadium
    Research Facility
    Smash Skiff
    The Canyon
    Final Destination (Melee) *

* There are 2 Final Destination (Melee) icons. Neither load.

Nevermind what I striked out above - it was a mistake on my end.
    « Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 12:23:20 PM by Bent 00 » Logged

rax189
    Holy Kitten

Thugs 4 Life

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #898 on: May 06, 2013, 05:29:19 PM »

If I can freakin do it. Last time it took me... forever... like over 10 straight hours of trying just to get the expansion working on minus. I'm about ready to give up. I have them all working on one of my SD cards but that's using different codes and when I try to copy those over I cant. Maybe i can replace the sel char and stuff with the stuff in the working common 5 and pull it off. Maybe not..

Post Merge: May 05, 2013, 11:53:53 PM
    So that does work.. only problem now is that I have to get rid of the old CSS background, and Zero Suit Samus' Icon says.... SPECIAL

Post Merge: May 06, 2013, 01:03:22 AM
    Well, I probably saved a ton of people a lot of work. I got the entire expansion working perfectly, individual characters included. Only problem... is that the music is totally off. not sure why. If someone can fix that, be my guest. just a placement of BRSTMs anyhow. So I won't be including them in my download. I'll just make two links. Ernie if you can get those fixed up though, I would like releasing it and collab you, or if you want to you can. (but collab Linketsu)

http://www.mediafire.com/?gkapwc4i3mtkhyy

To anyone who downloads that, don't delete anything you have on your Minus. Simply replace. But know that the Strms are not there.  It's meant for Ernie so he can add them where they need to be.

u wouldnt happen to know how to make it work with riivo would u xD

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #899 on: May 06, 2013, 06:53:33 PM »

u wouldnt happen to know how to make it work with riivo would u xD

Nope, I don't really understand Riivo so I use riivolution for Gecko users. Which is basically the same thing as it sounds like. Works with Sfx and all that goodness too.

Pages:  1 ... 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: