Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624444 times)
QQQQQQQ7777777
Intermediate Kitten

I play video gamez

View Profile Awards
« Reply #960 on: July 02, 2013, 08:17:26 PM »

Will you update this for Project M 2.6

Edit: I was playing around with your new Project M update and noticed that you forgot to replace
default brawls: melee stages -> and normal stages ^ with the project M sss page 1 -> and page 2 <-

so I fixed it for you https://www.dropbox.com/s/xgz8vkm9vk2zkg8/common5.pac

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:03:07 PM by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Logged

bluenote22
Advanced Kitten

See You Space Cowboy.

View Profile Awards
« Reply #961 on: July 04, 2013, 03:29:06 PM »

Alrighty, I apologize for the double post, but I followed the directions and ran TransferSSS last night, and I'm now running into two issues.

First of all, I should note that if you select one of the original stages, the game works fine.

Here are the bugs I ran into:

1) When selecting one of the imported stages, the game just stops. It doesn't freeze, the stage just doesn't load. Upon selecting the stage "Ready to Fight" appears and the crowd cheers, but nothing else happens. The only thing that I can do at this point (besides manually resetting my wii) is hitting the 'home' button and accessing the Home Menu (which proves the game didn't freeze.)

2) After getting done with one of the original stages in Training Mode, if you go back to multiplayer mode and select any stage (even if it is one of the original ones,) the game freezes.

Any idea if these issues are because I installed the pack wrong, or if it's an issue with the installer?

Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #962 on: July 05, 2013, 09:35:11 AM »

Will you update this for Project M 2.6
    If 2.6 doesn't include stage expansion already, then yes.

Alrighty, I apologize for the double post, but I followed the directions and ran TransferSSS last night, and I'm now running into two issues.

First of all, I should note that if you select one of the original stages, the game works fine.

Here are the bugs I ran into:

1) When selecting one of the imported stages, the game just stops. It doesn't freeze, the stage just doesn't load. Upon selecting the stage "Ready to Fight" appears and the crowd cheers, but nothing else happens. The only thing that I can do at this point (besides manually resetting my wii) is hitting the 'home' button and accessing the Home Menu (which proves the game didn't freeze.)

2) After getting done with one of the original stages in Training Mode, if you go back to multiplayer mode and select any stage (even if it is one of the original ones,) the game freezes.

Any idea if these issues are because I installed the pack wrong, or if it's an issue with the installer?

It could be that the STGCUSTOM## files are missing, I suppose. The program doesn't install those - you have to put them on yourself.
    If it's not that, could you send me your GCT?

bluenote22
    Advanced Kitten

See You Space Cowboy.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #963 on: July 05, 2013, 12:30:12 PM »

Just sent you a PM, hopefully that'll have what you need.

Yrocktube
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #964 on: July 05, 2013, 07:16:08 PM »

Nice man. I hope it works.

bluenote22
    Advanced Kitten

See You Space Cowboy.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #965 on: July 07, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »

Thanks to libertyernie, the expansion stages now work.

But when I try to play Brinstar Depths, the stage just disappears... does anyone else have this problem?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #966 on: July 08, 2013, 08:08:01 AM »

In regards to the poll, about adding P:M and Brawl- stages instead of SSE ones: How about I make two versions of the pack? One will have the SSE stages and the SSB64 Intro stage, while the other will have 9 stages from Brawl-/P:M. Both packs will have SSE: Jungle, of course.

I'm currently working on another pack which will replace about half of the stages in Brawl with stages from mods or fangames. It won't require any codes, so it will be able to coexist with this pack. I'd like a version with zero overlap, and having 2 versions of this pack would accomplish that.

By the way, I just found out that the fangame Super Smash Bros. Crusade has that SSB64 intro stage in it, and calls it "The Beginning". Is it OK if I use that name here, too?

Yrocktube
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #967 on: July 08, 2013, 12:58:09 PM »

HELP! Im using riivluton with the xml you gave us. When I start, the codes don't activate, only the replaced stuff.   Undecided

Szasz
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #968 on: July 08, 2013, 02:36:48 PM »

Libertyernie, no one is working on brawl+, brawl-, or balanced brawl anymore. However, those who played brawl+ most likely moved on to Project M, while brawl- set out with such a different attitude that it remains a distinct alternative to P:M.

And yes, as SSE Jungle is in P:M, it makes sense to have it both versions ( the more the merrier when it comes to versions/choices).

Bluenote, you have to be much much more specific when asking for help. Details are everything when diagnosing brawl mod issues. Does the background disappear? how long does the stage stay visible for?

Great work as always Libert.

bluenote22
    Advanced Kitten

See You Space Cowboy.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #969 on: July 08, 2013, 05:28:09 PM »

Bluenote, you have to be much much more specific when asking for help. Details are everything when diagnosing brawl mod issues. Does the background disappear? how long does the stage stay visible for?

Everything seems to work up until the announcer says "Go!" Once he says that, the stage itself disappears, leaving the characters to fall to their death. The background looks like it works, as the giant metroid dude thing is still in the background. I can get a screenshot next time I have a chance (which will probably be a little later tonight.)

I know this is off topic, but what's the advantage of Project M over Brawl+? Before a couple of weeks ago, it was a couple of years since I've played Brawl+, so I'm just curious.

Captain Obviously Obvious
    Newbie Kitten

Obviously More Obvious Than Captain Obvious

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #970 on: July 09, 2013, 07:23:50 PM »

Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem with the P:M Version of this hack.

Right before the announcer says "GO!" and before the text pops up, the game freezes with the loud beep.

Any help?

Szasz
    Mega Kitten

• Awards Active Contributor Dedicated Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #971 on: July 09, 2013, 10:35:22 PM »

Everything seems to work up until the announcer says "Go!" Once he says that, the stage itself disappears, leaving the characters to fall to their death. The background looks like it works, as the giant metroid dude thing is still in the background. I can get a screenshot next time I have a chance (which will probably be a little later tonight.)

I know this is off topic, but what's the advantage of Project M over Brawl+? Before a couple of weeks ago, it was a couple of years since I've played Brawl+, so I'm just curious.

Brawl+ pretty much grew into Project M, but Brawl+ had a different philosophy. It was meant to be a fun and fast paced version of brawl. It was never going to be melee 2.0. As it was the first brawl mod however, the team had organization issues, and the project crumbled, leaving polish and finalization yet to be completed. As Project M is a mod with an active development team, it means that it can achieve the greatest balance found in a smash game ever, even more than smash64.

brawl+ is very fun though.

quantitative facts that favour Project: M would be things like crew mode, buffer settings, and the purging of the input delay present in every other version of brawl.

I've never had a stage be visible and then disappear shortly after. "giant metroid dude"?

specifics are everything... are you playing on orpheon (with a parasite queen)? metroid laboratory? sounds like rel file issues, but I really don't know.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #972 on: July 10, 2013, 11:19:31 AM »

Going to upload 5.3.1 soon, so I'll save the post from 5.3 here.
    For the Project: M version, see version 5.3m on page 51 of this thread.

How to replace MiscData[80] in your own common5:
    If you already have a customized common5 and/or mu_menumain, follow these steps to add the extra stage icons to it. If you don't do this, all the expansion icons will be Hanenbow or Pokemon Stadium.
    • Open my version of common5.pac and extract MiscData[80] from the sc_selmap_en section (right-click --> Export).
    • Open your common5.pac, find MiscData[80] in sc_selmap_en (NOT sc_selcharacter_en). Right-click --> Replace and find the file you saved in the previous step.
    • Open your mu_menumain.pac. Replace MiscData[0] with the same MiscData[80] file.
    For other instructions, please read the README.

Classic Expansion Pack 5.3 - March 13, 2013

If you have problems with version 5.3, look on page 58 of this thread for version 5.2.

The Classic Expansion Pack is an add-on for Super Smash Bros. Brawl which contains 36 additional stages that can be used in Brawl (multiplayer) mode. These stages, made by several different individuals, are remakes of stages from Super Smash Bros. (Nintendo 64) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (GameCube), as well as as Project: M's Skyloft, ports of stages from Brawl's adventure mode, The Subspace Emissary, and a playable Online Training Room.

I (libertyernie) have compiled these stages made by others into a special pack that adds them to the Brawl stage roster, without replacing any existing stages. This is done with the help of Phantom Wings' "Stage Roster Expansion System," a code that gives the framework for adding stages to Brawl.

This pack also contains several Wii music files, which replace certain obscure tracks (mostly in The Subspace Emissary) and are reassigned through the use of codes to play on several of the added stages.

Classic Expansion Pack 5.3.exe (Gecko or Riivolution + vBrawl, BBrawl 3 or Brawl- 2.x.6. From Mediafire; 148 MB)

Changes in version 5.3 (from 5.2):
    • SSB64 Intro replaced with Skyloft (Project: M)
    • All stages that are also present in P:M Demo 2.5 have been updated to the versions included there
    • All of the stage .pac/.rel files and music .brstm files have been renamed, and the Stage-Dependent Song Loader codes have been changed accordingly
    • The second screen of the SSS has been reorganized as well

Click here to see the README/stage list!

Notes:
    The main pack comes with custom GCT files for regular Brawl, BBrawl 3 and Brawl- 2.x.6. There are also common5.pac and mu_menumain.pac files to replace the Brawl- versions. (This pack also works with Riivolution, but the included XML only goes as far as duplicating Gecko OS's functionality.)

common5.pac and mu_menumain.pac were generated with a pre-release version of BrawlBox 0.68. You should be able to edit it with BrawlBox v0.67b without it crashing! Also, the stage icons have been re-arranged in the file. They're now sorted by stage; the icon, prevbase, name and series icon for each stage are grouped together.

Codeset is in Codeset.txt or at http://lakora.us/brawl/cep/5.3/Codeset.txt.

Hey, I'm having a bit of a problem with the P:M Version of this hack.

Right before the announcer says "GO!" and before the text pops up, the game freezes with the loud beep.

Any help?

Did you remember to add the files from P:M itself (the "fighter" folder, etc)?
    « Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:42:44 PM by libertyernie » Logged

Knight~
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #973 on: July 10, 2013, 05:47:42 PM »

I have a question, in the "Extras" folder you can find the Trophy Tussle Stages, what am I supposed to do with them? I mean, do I have to replace an existing STGCUSTOMXX.pac, or can they be added as separated stages?

Also, found a StrapEn file, what's the difference between this one and the original one?

You might have already answered this, but I don't feel like reading 66 pages to find the answer.
    Thanks in advance.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:28:31 PM by Knight~ » Logged

QQQQQQQ7777777
    Intermediate Kitten

I play video gamez

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #974 on: July 10, 2013, 07:46:19 PM »

Problem: Bug
    Version: Project M 5.3m

When I use the strike out feature of Project M, if I use it anywhere (I have tested with every stage) it will take out all stages exept for:

All Default Project M stages, Brinstar Depths Beta, Flat Zone Beta, Melee Kongo Jungle, Great Bay, Venom, Melee Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II, Snag the Trophies, SSB64 Peach`s Castle, Planet Zebes, and SSB64 Yoshi`s Island.

All other Stages are removed from the list completely (until you go back to the menu screen)

if you can`t fix this I don`t care, its not that important, just stating what I found
    « Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:02:08 AM by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Logged

Pages:  1 ... 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: