Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624575 times)
LC-DDM
Not your average sprite!
Special Access

Voted "Best Guest for Campfires".

• Awards Heart Container Good Citizen KCMM Veteran 128-bit Pro Gamer

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #975 on: July 11, 2013, 05:48:27 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's because of the platform itself.
    You know how most platforms move from one side to other? For example, the platform in Smashville?

Well the "teleporting" platforms are just platforms with one frame to move from one side to another as opposed to just dragging along the stage.

On a more pertinent note, will there ever be a way to have custom soundtracks for each stage? As in actually custom songs and not stealing slots from SSE? I know for a fact that the O and the V sections are missing in Brawl's BRSTMs, so...

Grammar is necessary. Butchering your language isn't. If you don't have time to correct yourself, I don't have time to read your post.
    Your compilation pack is as useless as your quest for approval, and I pity both.

Climaxing to a jump scare would be pretty great.

QQQQQQQ7777777
    Intermediate Kitten

I play video gamez

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #976 on: July 11, 2013, 06:04:01 AM »

I'm pretty sure it's because of the platform itself.
    You know how most platforms move from one side to other? For example, the platform in Smashville?

Well the "teleporting" platforms are just platforms with one frame to move from one side to another as opposed to just dragging along the stage.

On a more pertinent note, will there ever be a way to have custom soundtracks for each stage? As in actually custom songs and not stealing slots from SSE? I know for a fact that the O and the V sections are missing in Brawl's BRSTMs, so...
    While surfing brawlvault I found out that the beta flat zone stage wasn`t made by him so I removed the comment

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #977 on: July 11, 2013, 05:59:32 PM »

I have a question, in the "Extras" folder you can find the Trophy Tussle Stages, what am I supposed to do with them? I mean, do I have to replace an existing STGCUSTOMXX.pac, or can they be added as separated stages?
    You'd have to replace an existing STGCUSTOM##.pac, or some other stage in the game (STGTENGAN might be nice since there are 3 of them anyway - don't forget the FD .rel file though!)
    Also, found a StrapEn file, what's the difference between this one and the original one?
    The text is orange. That's just so you know it's working. It's not anything important Smiley

Problem: Bug
    Version: Project M 5.3m

When I use the strike out feature of Project M, if I use it anywhere (I have tested with every stage) it will take out all stages exept for:

All Default Project M stages, Brinstar Depths Beta, Flat Zone Beta, Melee Kongo Jungle, Great Bay, Venom, Melee Mushroom Kingdom, Mushroom Kingdom II, Snag the Trophies, SSB64 Peach`s Castle, Planet Zebes, and SSB64 Yoshi`s Island.

All other Stages are removed from the list completely (until you go back to the menu screen)

if you can`t fix this I don`t care, its not that important, just stating what I found
    Yeah, I noticed this. I don't think I can fix it, though.

Knight~
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #978 on: July 11, 2013, 06:49:36 PM »

You'd have to replace an existing STGCUSTOM##.pac, or some other stage in the game (STGTENGAN might be nice since there are 3 of them anyway - don't forget the FD .rel file though!)

Nice idea. There's only one "st_tengan" .rel, I guess it will work for the 3 stages, right?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #979 on: July 12, 2013, 04:59:23 PM »

Nice idea. There's only one "st_tengan" .rel, I guess it will work for the 3 stages, right?
    Yeah. All 3 stages use the same .rel file.

bluenote22
    Advanced Kitten

See You Space Cowboy.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #980 on: July 14, 2013, 11:18:21 AM »

Brawl+ pretty much grew into Project M, but Brawl+ had a different philosophy. It was meant to be a fun and fast paced version of brawl. It was never going to be melee 2.0. As it was the first brawl mod however, the team had organization issues, and the project crumbled, leaving polish and finalization yet to be completed. As Project M is a mod with an active development team, it means that it can achieve the greatest balance found in a smash game ever, even more than smash64.

brawl+ is very fun though.

quantitative facts that favour Project: M would be things like crew mode, buffer settings, and the purging of the input delay present in every other version of brawl.

I've never had a stage be visible and then disappear shortly after. "giant metroid dude"?

specifics are everything... are you playing on orpheon (with a parasite queen)? metroid laboratory? sounds like rel file issues, but I really don't know.

I'm sorry, I haven't gotten around to looking at this for the past couple of days, I'll post a video of the error when I get the chance.

Rose tint my world, keep me safe from the trouble and pain!

Knight~
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #981 on: July 14, 2013, 01:10:28 PM »

Thanks to libertyernie, the expansion stages now work.

But when I try to play Brinstar Depths, the stage just disappears... does anyone else have this problem?

Something similar happens to me, but it doesn't affect the gameplay. At the end of every match (when the announcer says "GAME"), the stage starts blinking and throws the last standing player to the bottom killing him/her, it's not a big problem, the player gets the win without going to Sudden Death.

Maybe you should download Brinstar Depths separately from the other expansion stages. or check for an older or newer version of it.

K+ ~ Tanuki God
    Extreme Kitten

Back with a Boyfriend~

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #982 on: July 14, 2013, 04:45:03 PM »

No.  That's been a problem since the first date it was out for me.  Even without the Expansion.

Currently Waiting For:
    Super Smash Bros. 4
    A Link Between Worlds
    Super Mario 3D World
    Mario Kart 8
    Zelda U

bluenote22
    Advanced Kitten

See You Space Cowboy.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #983 on: July 14, 2013, 06:14:27 PM »

Here's what I was talking about:

Classic Expansion Pack Brinstar Depths Error

Yeah, I'm considedring just redownloading Brinstar from the vault

Kienamaru
    Brawl Minus Developer
    Holy Kitten

Never Collab me for anything...

• Awards 64-bit Hardcore Gamer Hot Topic Favorite'd Famous Hacker

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #984 on: July 15, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »

Libertyernie, no one is working on brawl+, brawl-, or balanced brawl anymore. However, those who played brawl+ most likely moved on to Project M, while brawl- set out with such a different attitude that it remains a distinct alternative to P:M.

And yes, as SSE Jungle is in P:M, it makes sense to have it both versions ( the more the merrier when it comes to versions/choices).

Bluenote, you have to be much much more specific when asking for help. Details are everything when diagnosing brawl mod issues. Does the background disappear? how long does the stage stay visible for?

Great work as always Libert.

You need to get your facts straight... NOW. I'm a member of Brawl Minus's dev team and yes, that actually offended me. We've been working our asses off making another version that we plan on releasing before the end of the year... and we do have a few of our own stages planned.
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:06:31 PM by Kienamaru » Logged

Young Link recently broke 3000 downloads. If you haven't already, Check it out!

Recently released: Sacred/Fusion Dark Interloper Link.

What ever happened to Tifa?

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #985 on: July 15, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »

Maybe the problem with Brinstar Depths has something to do with one of the Brawl+ codes? That's the only thing I can think of right now.

bluenote22
    Advanced Kitten

See You Space Cowboy.

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #986 on: July 16, 2013, 12:27:28 PM »

Would you want me to go and test all the stages from the expansion pack and document what errors (if any) I come across with Brawl+??

QQQQQQQ7777777
    Intermediate Kitten

I play video gamez

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #987 on: July 16, 2013, 07:33:02 PM »

Project M News: 1. Metaknight 2. Comes out tomorrow 3. No it doesn`t have Classic Expantion so that means more work for you
    « Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 07:37:08 PM by QQQQQQQ7777777 » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #988 on: July 17, 2013, 08:22:06 AM »

Would you want me to go and test all the stages from the expansion pack and document what errors (if any) I come across with Brawl+??
    I suppose it wouldn't hurt. Don't feel like you have to, though.

Roronoa Zoro
    Advanced Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #989 on: July 18, 2013, 05:55:31 AM »

There will be a stage expansion for P.M 2.6 in the future?

Pages:  1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 92
    Print
    Jump to: