Home Gallery Resources The Team Rules chat Login Register
Poll
Question: Should the Miiverse stage in this pack have the pics in the background?
Yes, even though they're the same every time - 6 (100%)
No - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 6

Pages:  1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92
Author Topic: Classic Exp. Pack for Brawl - new Best Of pack (May 2018)  (Read 624415 times)
squeakyboots13
Intermediate Kitten

View Profile Awards
« Reply #1305 on: July 09, 2015, 11:29:02 PM »

I can confirm that having multiple .rel files per stage using ASL tool works with stage expansion. The only issue is that you would have to apply it for every custom stage but you can easily work around that by just making duplicate files when needed.

libertyernie
Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• Awards Star Hacker >9000 King for a Day RAGE!!

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1306 on: July 11, 2015, 02:27:31 PM »

I think I found the alternate stage loader code in Project M, but I can't get it to work in Brawl. So that means I need to use the same .rel for alternate stages as for the main ones, unless someone else can get it working for me.
    Because of this, I'll can't combine Brinstar Depths with Planet Zebes, and I don't think I can combine the two Mushroom Kingdom stages either.

Kyouma
    Heroic Kitten

• Awards Star Hacker Renowned Hacker Super Saiyan Topic Heart Container

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1307 on: July 12, 2015, 05:47:55 PM »

if you make a new pack, please make a vbrawl version too; its been a hell for us who dont like pm now adays

Sirkura
    Lol Kitten

• Awards Featured Star Hacker Super Saiyan Topic >9000

• View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1308 on: July 14, 2015, 02:11:01 AM »

if you make a new pack, please make a vbrawl version too; its been a hell for us who dont like pm now adays

This^ tbh i really like a lot of the stages in B- and vbrawl. i was kinda sad when most the fun ones were taken out the PM pack in favor of PM/vbrawl stages, and a good chunk of those are kinda static. i like stages where sometimes things are a bit  hectic and crazy, makes the stages a lot different from one to the next. otherwise its basically FD with a platform >.>

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1309 on: July 17, 2015, 11:59:32 AM »

I'll probably make a pack for Brawl. I probably won't make one for Project M this time (although I do have that template without stages I linked to in the OP, which is at Smashboards.)

Here's my plan at the moment (changes from the picture on Page 88):
    * Brinstar Depths and Mushroom Kingdom (Melee) will get their own icons, replacing where Melee/N64 Battlefield and Final Destination are now.
    * The N64 and Melee versions of Battlefield and Final Destination will both be alternate stages to the Brawl versions (hold L for one, hold R for the other.) Also, the Project M training room will be an alternate of the Brawl one.
    * Each STGCUSTOM will still have one alternate, but for many stages it will be the same .PAC file (you can replace it if you want)
    * At the moment, the six SSB4 stages I'll include are Mario Galaxy, Kalos Pokemon League, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plain, Windy Hill Zone, and Pyrosphere. I'm not sure about Kalos, though, since I think the version ported to Brawl has different platforms from the SSB4 version.
    * The 8 additional stages on the Brawl screen will remain mostly the same - Dracula's Castle will be replaced (probably with Infinite Glacier or Bowser's Castle) and Skyloft will be updated.

In summary: one alternate for each STGCUSTOM, two for STGFINAL/STGBATTLEFIELD/STGONLINETRAINING.
    Anyone who's used the alternate stage loader code: is there any downside to giving non-STGCUSTOMs alternates if you don't put a alternate .pac on the SD card? Doesn't it still just load the regular one?

GameAndWatcher
    Expert Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1310 on: July 19, 2015, 02:46:57 PM »

* At the moment, the six SSB4 stages I'll include are Mario Galaxy, Kalos Pokemon League, Boxing Ring, Gaur Plain, Windy Hill Zone, and Pyrosphere. I'm not sure about Kalos, though, since I think the version ported to Brawl has different platforms from the SSB4 version.
    No Omega-form stages? No Jungle Hijinx? No Woolly World? No Miiverse? Are we getting Hanenbow M?

<- I Support MM8BDM!

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1311 on: July 22, 2015, 04:25:12 PM »

No Omega-form stages? No Jungle Hijinx? No Woolly World? No Miiverse? Are we getting Hanenbow M?
    If there are Brawl versions of Omega versions, I can put them in. Maybe I'll do a poll for people to pick which 6 to include.
    I suppose I could make the Project M Hanenbow an alternate of the regular Hanenbow, if I decide to give every existing stage a potential alternate. I still don't know if that has any adverse effects, because I haven't tested it.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1312 on: July 25, 2015, 04:55:52 PM »

Here's another option: I could jettison the Project M / Brawl- / etc. stages entirely, and use the bottom row on both screens for SSB4 stages. This would give me 12 slots, which lets me get most of them in.

Here's the ones I would use in that case:
    * Kalos League (omega) - should I use the version with platforms too, even though it's not the SSB4 version?
    * Final Destination (regular)
    * Dr. Wily's Castle (regular)
    * The Great Cave Offensive (omega)
    * Windy Hill Zone (regular) (omega) - CaliburZx made the omega version and also has a regular version. DSX8's regular version lags less, but they didn't make an omega version.
    * Pyrosphere (regular)
    * Miiverse (regular)
    * Boxing Ring (regular) (alternate will be the version with the smash logo - no omega version yet)
    * Woolly World (regular) (omega)
    * Mario Galaxy (regular)
    * Jungle Hijinx (regular)
    * Gaur Plain (regular)

Omega versions of Brawl stages:
    * Delfino Plaza
    * Temple

Stages not included in the above list that I found on BrawlVault:
    Temple - HD
    Castle Siege - HD
    Onett - HD
    Coliseum (omega)
    Mushroom Kingdom U (omega)
    Suzaku Castle
    Wrecking Crew

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1313 on: August 30, 2015, 10:07:39 AM »

I've posted version 7.0s of the Classic Expansion Pack - see the OP for more info.
    This post has links to versions 6.1s (Brawl, Brawl-) and 6.5 (Project M 3.5).

Classic Expansion Pack 6.1s - July 20, 2014 - for vBrawl

Classic Expansion Pack 6.1.7z (Gecko or Riivolution, with regular Brawl. From Mediafire; 136 MB)
    The download is also a self-extracting executable, if you change the extension to .exe.

.zip file with only the changes since 6.1s (added/new stages - zip file, 29 MB)

Updates since 6.0s:
    • Stages added: Lavender Town (replaces Frozen New Pork City), Poke Floats 2 (replaces Underground)
    • Stages updated: Dream Land, Sector Z, Kongo Jungle (Melee)

Click here to see the README/stage list: Brawl

Classic Expansion Pack 6.1s - July 30, 2014 - for Brawl- 3.Q

Classic Exp Pack 6.1s for Brawl- 3.Q.7z (From Mediafire; 150 MB)
    The download is also a self-extracting executable, if you change the extension to .exe.

This pack is based on 6.1s for Brawl, but the stages already in Brawl- have been removed, Melee stages taken out of Brawl- have been put back in, and every custom stage that was in Brawl- 2.x.6 or 3.3 is included! Plus Dracula's Castle from Project M is in there, because there was a slot left over.

Click here to see the README/stage list: Brawl-

Classic Expansion Pack 6.5m - Dec. 17, 2014 - for Project M 3.5

Classic Expansion Pack 6.5m.exe (use with Project M Launcher or Gecko OS - from Mediafire; 140 MB)

I took out some of the Brawl stages, added the SSB64 / PM 3.02 versions of Hyrule Castle and Metal Cavern as expansion stages (along with a Dream Land with wind), and rearranged everything. There are also standalone versions of the first and third stages of Castle Siege, with the PM 3.5 boundaries and collisions.

Click here to see the instructions and stage list!

Or, if you want the framework to put your own stages in for PM 3.6 beta, you can use this stage expansion template.
    « Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 10:40:15 AM by libertyernie » Logged

Shakezills
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1314 on: October 14, 2015, 05:17:45 PM »

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get this to work. You only give instructions on how to use if you have a brawl disc. How can I install this pack while using USB Loader? My PM works perfectly with the homebrew pack, but I cannot figure out how to get this pack working through the loader. When I try the given instructions I just get DVD errors from Gecko.

jolo97
    Newbie Kitten

View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1315 on: October 15, 2015, 12:32:42 PM »

any update on the PM 3.6 progress

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1316 on: December 23, 2015, 12:19:55 PM »

If you're using a USB loader, I think you can tell that to load the RSBE01.gct, and skip Gecko entirely.

I'm not going to make a Project M version of this, but I did make a blank template: http://smashboards.com/threads/stage-expansion-template-for-pm-3-6-beta-four-versions.345936/ And other people have included that in their custom builds, too.

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1317 on: May 25, 2016, 06:14:42 PM »

I'm working on a new vBrawl version of the pack. You can see my progress here: https://github.com/libertyernie/ClassicExpansionPack
    (Although, if you're going to check that out with git, you probably want to use --depth 1 - there are a lot of binary files and that is not what git was built for!)

I found out that you can use the Alternate Stage Loader with Riivolution if you leave the File Patch Code in the codeset - it just loads the alt stages using that instead of using Riivolution. (Tested this by running riifs on my computer while taking out an SD card and putting it back in.)
    « Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 06:19:38 PM by libertyernie » Logged

Nightfox
    Advanced Kitten

"The Emerald shine of the Aquatic Ruin..."

View Profile WWW Awards
    « Reply #1318 on: May 31, 2016, 11:58:38 PM »

On a personal note, I used Mewtwo2000's ASL Tool to add Z+A = Smash 4 variation to Battlefield and FD. Also, I feel that more STGCUSTOM stages should use L+A for an Omega alternate.
    I had made some small efforts on this, but more so I just swapped out Kalos Omega for Kalos normal, after having ported the REL.

I'd be interested in being a part of the development of future builds, although I'm not sure if it'd actually help much.

Of course, I can help with things along the lines of SSS or making Omega's.
    (As I said, the Kalos League stage Omega. I could port it to work over the palutena stcustomXX.rel, thus making another L+A= Omega, which I see too little of in my own opinion.)  
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 11:59:55 PM by CalvinHedgewolf13 » Logged

libertyernie
    Lol Kitten

Go for the gold

• View Profile Awards
    « Reply #1319 on: June 01, 2016, 04:59:49 PM »

PyotrLuzhin sent me a version of the ASRL code (what Project M uses, so you can have different .rels for alternates) that works in vBrawl, so the .rel files won't be an issue.

I've switched out some of the Smash 4 stages to make sure they all have regular and omega versions. Right now the full list of stages is this: http://www.lakora.us/brawl/cep/8.0s/20160601.html
    I've included omega versions of Brawl and Melee stages where I can find them (and made one myself for WarioWare - that's an easy one.)

Pages:  1 ... 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92
    Print
    Jump to: